1/6 Hot Toys Custom Hall of Armor Projects / Display Base Mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys “Straight/ No Radius” Hall of Armor Project

Yeah it came out great, I guess you have them up high so you dont need the top panel, its too bad they don't have a special HOA piece for Igor and red snapper

Hah! Steelers Iron Man (I think I don't really know Football)

Those five figures are from a custom Iron Man Painting contest that I hosted on another forum. One of the versions that the contestants could pick from was the Steelers.

Very clean modification, and install of the wiring. It sure does save all the depth needed for the factory configuration. I think for now I will continue to use the factory layout, but really like what you did here.

Thanks, that is very flattering coming from the guy who I think has the best Work Shop / Hall of Armor display EVER

very nice..... now thoughts for scratch building going through head :)

Then you might want to watch eBay, I'm getting ready to list a bunch of left over parts :)

Yeah it came out great, I guess you have them up high so you dont need the top panel, its too bad they don't have a special HOA piece for Igor and red snapper

It looks really high in the pictures but the ceilings are only 8' so when your standing they don't look so high. I really can not wait to get the other 8 bays up there. When this is done the entertainment center will look like it goes from the floor to the ceiling

https://superalloyfigure.com/IronMan_Mark7.php
these seem to have a HOA available with this figure, it may be square at the sides, has different lighting options and magnetically connects to others, you might consider those as an alternative

Problem is you only get the HOA with the figure... and each figure is $400+

This picture suggests that these also create a radius when interconnected and I don’t like the double wall in between each bay.

Attachments

• STGCC-2013-Play-Imaginative-Iron-Man-3.jpg
    STGCC-2013-Play-Imaginative-Iron-Man-3.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 1,622

If thats a picture of Play Imaginitives display then yes they are only doing 1/4 and 1/12 scale figures... And that mk 42 is their 1/4 scale figure

oh yeah I see now:slap, some of there 1/12th's don't look bad.....

I modified a 6th bay but didn't modify the left side. This will become the most left bay of the left 4 bay section. I have a 7th bay on order and will modify that one so it is the most right bay.

I received Bay #7 yesterday and I'm currently working on it.

I should get it modified by tomorrow :)

And then there was 7

Now I know without a doubt that I can fit 13 bays across the top of our entertainment center.

I still can’t believe I hacked up a $1000 worth of plastic and still have $800 to go

And then there was 7

Now I know without a doubt that I can fit 13 bays across the top of our entertainment center.

I still can’t believe I hacked up a $1000 worth of plastic and still have $800 to go

Wow Dave! That looks incredible!! 13 bays!!!! :horror can't wait for the next update my friend :)

It will be a while.

I'll probably buy them from Side Show the next time they have a big sale.

Hopefully I won't have to wait till black Friday.

I lucked out and won a HOA 7 pack on ebay for $604 shipped

It arrived today

I should have these modified by the end of the week and our display will be done

Now I just have to try to sell all of the left over stuff on eBay.

I think I’ll build “discount” versions of the HOA by using the left over walls and wood

Or I might build a Wine Cellar Display and try to sell that.

I just know I have a ton of left over walls and no use for them.

I was able to get the preliminary work done tonight

These have been verified, disassembled, hot glued, reassembled and re-verified

Now I need to break them back down and cut them straight, which is the worst part.

Back