Hot Toys- City Hunter: Saeko Nogami & Ryo Saeba spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a super quick pic of Ryo:

mokkorigood.jpg

The serious head is neckless and comes with a TT neck piece. The Mokkori HS has a neck and comes with the usual HT adapter to use on bodies without necks. The question is does the TTM-19 come with neck and no neck options? Because Ryo uses two different head types.

Toys2 is located in Ontario. With you located in Seattle you can see that you are quite a bit further away then you think. Ontario is central Canada so it will have to travel quite a bit west to reach you. Think New York to California.

Consider yourself lucky that USPS is super fast and cheap for domestic shipping. Not all countries can maintain that kind of service and cost.

Even then why is it taking so long? For that price, hell for much less, I could get these exact items sent all the way from Japan or China and have them arrive in two to three days. These boxes are not that big. For fifty dollars it shouldn't take more than five days at the most.

Even then why is it taking so long? For that price, hell for much less, I could get these exact items sent all the way from Japan or China and have them arrive in two to three days. These boxes are not that big. For fifty dollars it shouldn't take more than five days at the most.

I don't know why it's taking that long. I don't ship stuff so I have no experience in this area sorry.

Okay guys, here are my quick observation on the City Hunter figures.

Ryo Saeba
- The name plate on his stand isn't straight on mine! Crap, now gotta find another one via ebay!
- His face should be a little chubbier I think...however in the early issues of the manga, Tsukasa Hojo did drew him with a long face, so Im not that critical with how he looks on the toy
- Not too bothered with the body he comes with as well. Won't really display him without his suit.
- Overall Im happy with him
- The belt seems glued I think, so Im not sure how to open it
Saeko
- A little disappointed with the figur0e. the suit seems a bit big on her, doesn't seem to look at the prototype at all. The prototype's suit looks very form fitted.
- Because of the way the suit was made, I felt the figure didn't have a neck
- Her skirt is and other accesories is good.

It took me a little bit of time to get use to looking at their anime eyes, haha, pretty different from how eyes are done on "real people"

Im still glad I got the figures. I don't think there are any other city hunters figures made right?

With regards to TOYS2, you can't blame them for the price and time of shipping. Canada Post charge a lot of money for figures. Its silly but ultimately it comes down to how BIG the package is, thats a factor and not just the weight. The cheapest price to send over ONE hot toys figure to the USA is around $28.Yeah I know, china would probably charge $35 right? Heck, I live in Toronto and I got charge $15 to have the figures shipped to my office.

For canadians, Toys2 is a better option because their prices is the same with ebay sellers in china and Hk if you factor in the shipping....but at least we don't get tax by custom, and the package can be track, but for USA buyer, I would suggest sellers from China and HK....

The serious head is neckless and comes with a TT neck piece. The Mokkori HS has a neck and comes with the usual HT adapter to use on bodies without necks. The question is does the TTM-19 come with neck and no neck options? Because Ryo uses two different head types.

Toys2 is located in Ontario. With you located in Seattle you can see that you are quite a bit further away then you think. Ontario is central Canada so it will have to travel quite a bit west to reach you. Think New York to California.

Consider yourself lucky that USPS is super fast and cheap for domestic shipping. Not all countries can maintain that kind of service and cost.
I want to ask something else Please! can I use The Ryo's serious head on a Truetype 19 muscular body? are the same color or different color the serious Ryo's head with the color of the truetype Muscular 19 body? I think he looks better with the TrueType 19 muscular body :pray:

Last edited:
I want to ask something else Please! can I use The Ryo's serious head on a Truetype 19 muscular body? are the same color or different color the serious Ryo's head with the color of the truetype Muscular 19 body? I think he looks better with the TrueType 19 muscular body :pray:

Does the TTM-19 have a sculpted neck? If so then the serious HS should work. I don't own a TTM-19 so I'm not sure if it is 100% compatible, especially for colour.

I agree with Erik that I find no reason to upgrade. With his jacket on you won't notice much difference and you will lose articulation as well.

OKay, took some pictures, and here's Saeko
DSCN0440.jpg

and here's the promo pict

HotToys-CityHunter_SaekoNogamiCollectibleFigure_PR2.jpg

I think the neck is too short on the actual toy. The outfit on the prototype seems a bit better. The thing about Saeko is that her hair is kinda hard, so it presses on her white suit. I don't think the suit was made very well...it actually makes her look fat.

here's the Ryo stand I got...with the nameplate not centered

DSCN0444.jpg

Meanwhile Medicom is pumping out highly accurate and well designed anime figures with ease. This just isnt Hot Toys specialty

Sad but true. Even tho that Medicom's prices are INCREADIBLE :lol

Not anymore seeing that all the other companies have shot their prices so much that Medicom no longer stands out. Also, if you shop at any major Japanese online distributor you end up getting anywhere from fifteen to thirty percent off the retail price so Medicom figures will probably start becoming the cheapest of the Big Three 1/6 figure makers.

People talk so much ____ about Medicom and while I agree they are well behind when it comes to making realistic figures, they are still the absolute best with anime ones. For one thing the Medicom bodies actually fit anime characters. They are able to accurately depict the proportions, which are often rather strange such as overly skinny bodies that are somehow still muscular. But what they can truly do better than no other is capture anime portraits. Their Jojo lineup is the best example of this. I feel like the characters jumped straight out of the manga.

Well it turns out the the Ryo HS is quite accurate.

I was looking through the Manga and we you get to the later numbers when it is published by "Jump" the art changed (as does any comic) and Ryo looks like the HT figure.

d08203.jpg

I have gotten Ryo's pants off and I have removed his mesh long john's.

His hips have regained some movement but the pants are still to tight to allow full motion.

I'm starting to think the delivery date is some kind of error seeing as though the package is already in Michigan...

Last week a package was supposed to arrive on Wednesday but it came Monday so sometimes it works out.:panic::panic:

Back