Hot Toys- City Hunter: Saeko Nogami & Ryo Saeba spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After looking at those pics, it's safe to say that the serious sculpt looks nothing like Ryo in the manga at all. Eyes are too slanted. :duh

The other sculpt on the other hand is spot on, I'll prolly just use that sculpt instead.

I just wish his goofy face was done in a more realistic fashion since he still makes silly faces even when drawn traditionally.

The serious face is well sculpted, but yeah it isn't too accurate to how he looks when he is serious in the manga. Saeko's sculpt is kind of an odd one too since she usually had a confident calm composed smile in the series.

Ryo uses a variant TT torso with Adv TT arms:...... note Adv. TT torso is narrower.... This was the Blade/Wesker body variant.
HTCHRyoBody.jpg

Ryo uses a variant TT torso with Adv TT arms:...... note Adv. TT torso is narrower.... This was the Blade/Wesker body variant.
HTCHRyoBody.jpg

why hot toys had to make a Ryo with that ugly body and not with the truetype 19 muscular body? i hate you hot toys, you ruined my favorite character of anime with that stupid body :gah:

Last edited:
ABC Express has a bunch of pictures up for both figures. Overall I think this was a surprisingly amateur attempt by Hot Toys though I am still really excited to finally get them. Ryo's head seems squished and a little small compared to his body. Saeko looks a little awkward too, but not as much. Hopefully they look a lot better in person.

I just talk to them and it sounds like they are ready to ship out! I hope mine arrives by Friday evening.

Well they already charge my card, so I'm sure they already have the figures in their store! Sigh, I was originally suppose to pass on these, but the in-hand pictures were really awesome! Just sad that it really mess up my budget for the month! Now gotta figure out how to pace everything till next month!

which inhand pictures are awesome?

If anything, the pics Ive seen so far makes me regret on PO this figure. I hope you can post more pics here!

which inhand pictures are awesome?

If anything, the pics Ive seen so far makes me regret on PO this figure. I hope you can post more pics here!

I agree the in hand pictures are very underwhelming, but I am a big City Hunter and Angel Heart fan and I feel like this may be one of the only chances to get a high quality figure of these two characters, at least for a very long time.

Often times I find I have to make that kind of license sacrifice. Two good examples would be Hot Toys The Boss, which is not accurate in size or facial structure. Another would be Bandai's 1/6 Poseidon coming out from Saint Seiya. I love Poseidon's design and even though I doubt the Myth Crown lineup is actually well designed, I really want him regardless.

Ryo is in the house!!:yess:

His legs are padded to make them look bigger. I don't know why they didn't use the advance thigh things.

HS is indeed bad. I think it's the hair, not accurate at all. i also think his face should be more rounded and a bit fatter. The mokkori HS features the correct hair style but the serious HS is based on who knows what.

The mokkori HS is excellent though. It feels like it is hollow. It is very light.

The guns are nice. Nice to get both black and silver Colt Pythons.

The hands are cool. One hand looks like it is pushing bullets into the chamber with his thumb. Haven't seen that before.

The trench coat is very thin and feels cheap. The thinness might help with posing though so might be why.

*Edit* The pants are super tight and really restrict the hip movement. The blue shirt needs so much futzing to look right especially if you put the gun in his holster.

I do think the value is good though. $150 HT figure with 2 HS, 3 guns and some unique hands is worthwhile especially if you compare it to today's prices.

I will be displaying mine with the mokkori HS.

Last edited:
My box came in too! Whee! I'll try to take some pictures tonight!

Let me know if you can figure out how to take off the belt without damaging it. I want to remove all that padding on the legs. That might be restricting the legs as well.

Oh and congratz!:hi5:

Ryo is in the house!!:yess:

His legs are padded to make them look bigger. I don't know why they didn't use the advance thigh things.

HS is indeed bad. I think it's the hair, not accurate at all. i also think his face should be more rounded and a bit fatter. The mokkori HS features the correct hair style but the serious HS is based on who knows what.

The mokkori HS is excellent though. It feels like it is hollow. It is very light.

The guns are nice. Nice to get both black and silver Colt Pythons.

The hands are cool. One hand looks like it is pushing bullets into the chamber with his thumb. Haven't seen that before.

The trench coat is very thin and feels cheap. The thinness might help with posing though so might be why.

*Edit* The pants are super tight and really restrict the hip movement. The blue shirt needs so much futzing to look right especially if you put the gun in his holster.

I do think the value is good though. $150 HT figure with 2 HS, 3 guns and some unique hands is worthwhile especially if you compare it to today's prices.

I will be displaying mine with the mokkori HS.
you forgot the body, his body is horrible.. his body is compatible with the True type 19 muscular body? what about of his skintone? is the same of his head or not?

What about Saeko? I haven't really heard anything about her.

And I suppose this will be the first and last time I work with Toys2. Me living in Washington means I am at least somewhat close to Canada compared to many of the other states and yet their shipping, of which had costed me fifty dollars, says I won't get the package till the 16th? I hope that is an error because that's ridiculous.

you forgot the body, his body is horrible.. his body is compatible with the True type 19 muscular body? what about of his skintone? is the same of his head or not?

The serious head is neckless and comes with a TT neck piece. The Mokkori HS has a neck and comes with the usual HT adapter to use on bodies without necks. The question is does the TTM-19 come with neck and no neck options? Because Ryo uses two different head types.

What about Saeko? I haven't really heard anything about her.

And I suppose this will be the first and last time I work with Toys2. Me living in Washington means I am at least somewhat close to Canada compared to many of the other states and yet their shipping, of which had costed me fifty dollars, says I won't get the package till the 16th? I hope that is an error because that's ridiculous.

Toys2 is located in Ontario. With you located in Seattle you can see that you are quite a bit further away then you think. Ontario is central Canada so it will have to travel quite a bit west to reach you. Think New York to California.

Consider yourself lucky that USPS is super fast and cheap for domestic shipping. Not all countries can maintain that kind of service and cost.

Back