1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

So now that this is one of the Supposed Six and has been revealed, the others could be:

Scarlet Witch
Crossbones
Spider-Man
Sharon Carter
T'Challa

Hoping for

Tony Stark
1/4 Cap
1/4 Iron Man

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

So the differences between this and the normal release are some weathering on the suit (that I can't really see on my screen), a weathered shield, Crossbones helmet, and rubble stand?

I'm having a hard time noticing the weathering...perhaps it was stated someplace within the thread but it must be real subtle.

Well it has been an hour. Figure is still up.

Ordered. Looks as good maybe a bit better than the original and I like the battle damaged shield and the diorama base. I'm glad I didn't order the regular version already.

And who expected it to sell out in an hour?

I actually quite liked that expression. It was something different than the standard, stoic closed mouthed expressions that HT usually gives their sculpts, and Chris Evans seems to have that expression a lot while in the midst of battle. Not actually engaged in combat, but while during a brief break from actually being engaged in combat, while still in the middle of battle.

The only reason I ditched that sculpt was because of the diminutive size.

I hear ya. I think something about it was just off. Maybe it was the teeth or something but I think it made the likeness to Evans a little weaker. But he does seem to have his mouth open a lot in fight scenes like Bale as Batman so I see where HT was coming from.

The shield is pretty cool. Still happy with the AoU Cap.

Yes, exactly. The "battling version's" main head sculpt should not be a neutral face expression. Very weird that HT chose that.

I'm getting both so I'll probably just switch the heads. You can always get the "expressions" head parted out to do the switch as well.

Hopefully a parted out normal shield won't be too expensive to get.

Is it 1 figure per account like the exclusives?

I hear ya. I think something about it was just off. Maybe it was the teeth or something but I think it made the likeness to Evans a little weaker. But he does seem to have his mouth open a lot in fight scenes like Bale as Batman so I see where HT was coming from.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It was a little different from the norm and I can see why it would look a bit awkward to some. I liked the fact that they tried to give it a different expression though and like you mentioned, I can see what HT was trying to do with it being that Evans makes a similar expression while in the midst of a battle. What made it awkward looking to me though was the size, not the expression.

It's a business and marketing move to not have all the features (the angry face sculpt) including in one version. Otherwise there would be almost zero reason to order the standard figure. If the new on had that head, and all it now comes with there is zero reason to order the normal version. Now there are people who will order both, or companies that will so they can part it out...people that would not otherwise.

SHRUG you were bringing up a comparison to how fast an Iron Man Exclusive sells in a CA thread. So yeah you're the one that suggested it.

Ordered this one also. Guess I'll sell my WS version now.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It was a little different from the norm and I can see why it would look a bit awkward to some. I liked the fact that they tried to give it a different expression though and like you mentioned, I can see what HT was trying to do with it being that Evans makes a similar expression while in the midst of a battle. What made it awkward looking to me though was the size, not the expression.

I couldn't agree more, maybe like one row of teeth showing would've been perfect.

I actually think I am now going to have to pass on this. Had it had the face plates it probably would have enticed me but I am not going to get this and then have to try and pick up the parts I want. Money is very limited for me and the Black Panther and Spidey are already on my must have list so I will have to be satisfied with just those guys from CW. Congrats on those picking him up - it is a very tempting figure.

Ok. And last years figure sold out in an hour. Even less time then golden age cap. So.....

And if you read what I said I used GA and mkvii movie promo as the exception. But when someone asks the history and what to expect I try to include everything.

Every single year a movie promo figure has been around at least one figure sells out in around a day. Including the most recent movie promo version from last year, which sold out in minutes (like 56 lol). But that most figures do not sell out, and of those that do, do it in a week or more.

Are you referring to the Mark VII Stealth Version? If so, that's incorrect. I remember it lasting a good day or two before being waitlisted. The fastest Movie Promo Edition that sold out was the Mark VII Battle Damage as part of the IM3 release. That went to waitlist in about 4 hours if my memory serves me correct. (Mark VII Battle Damage was the best Movie Promo release in my opinion, but this is second for me. Awesome figure and I hope they damage everything up drastically.)

Back