1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

They are limited. But it's not like the old days where pre-orders are sold out within weeks...

These will most likely stick around until release, and start to dwindle out a few weeks after.

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Darn, too bad the new SPR1NG16 code doesn't work on it :(

Dang... I was hoping this would give me a reason to get a new Cap over my AoU one. But since it doesn't have the interchangable faces, the only thing that really speaks to me is the BD Shield.

Looks like I'll just buy the X-Bones helmet, BD Shield, and head sculpt (with face plates), separately.

If anyone doesnt have the AoU Cap already, I think the normal CW Cap is the best option, but the BD Shield is what makes this one enticing. Ultimately, I don't you could go wrong with ANY of the 3 recent Caps.

Just realize this one don't have swap out face plate. Hmmm....

Are these exclusives more limited than the original versions? I already preordered the original and am really thinking about this one to. I guess my queston is whether or not a Hot Toys preorder can sell out? If they can I won't hold off and preorder, but if they can I'd like to preorder one. I'm still fairly new to collecting so if this is a dumb question I apologize lol.

It's possible they can sell out. Actually they used to all sell out. Now it's a lot more rare but there is a fixed amount of these figures. Last years movie promo sold out in like an hour. But usually, if they do sell out, it's a week or so at the earliest. That said, every year including last year at least one figure has sold out in under a day.

They are limited. But it's not like the old days where pre-orders are sold out within weeks...

These will most likely stick around until release, and start to dwindle out a few weeks after.

The last Promo Cap sold out in 2 days I think

And that figure was a bit different then the intent for this. This figure was designed mostly for the multiple shows.
They were both called "promo" versions. How is this one different? I'm not disputing you, but I haven't followed Marvel figures in a couple of years probably, so I'm curious why there has been a change.

Ordered. I hadn't pulled the trigger on the regular version yet. I like the base and shield. If they do a scale suit, then I'll pick that one up too. If not, then this will serve as my CW Cap nicely.

They were both called "promo" versions. How is this one different? I'm not disputing you, but I haven't followed Marvel figures in a couple of years probably, so I'm curious why there has been a change.

Probably just the box

The golden age Cap went to wait list the first day.

Your correct, they both are movie promos. But the reason a figure is produced isn't always the same. They this figure is a lot more like last years movie promo, which was the mk7 stealth...which was produced for the Aou exhibit, and labeled as a movie promo. The golden age figure was a movie promo but not made to be sold for shows.

The golden age cap was an entirely different suit then the stealth cap suit (though I think it borrowed from the first avenger suit to keep cost down) and was labeled a movie promo but was sold wider. This version is essentially a repacked and touched up version of the already availble figure, rebranded for more sales. It's hard to follow lol

Anyway...I saw someone say the difference was the base, cross bones helmet and shield. But the regular cap also has the cross bones helmet, FYI.

image.jpeg

Golden Age Cap?? That was like 2 years ago.

I went ahead and ordered. I missed the GA figure and had to pay a premium for it later. Who knows if this one will sell out that fast though.

The Golden Age Cap's suit was actually totally different from the First Avenger version. It was a huge improvement in fact. That one may have just been the exception to the rule, though. It actually seems like they designed it, intending it to be a wider release.

Your correct, they both are movie promos. But the reason a figure is produced isn't always the same. They this figure is a lot more like last years movie promo, which was the mk7 stealth...which was produced for the Aou exhibit, and labeled as a movie promo. The golden age figure was a movie promo but not made to be sold for shows.

The golden age cap was an entirely different suit then the stealth cap suit (though I think it borrowed from the first avenger suit to keep cost down) and was labeled a movie promo but was sold wider. This version is essentially a repacked and touched up version of the already availble figure, rebranded for more sales. It's hard to follow lol

Anyway...I saw someone say the difference was the base, cross bones helmet and shield. But the regular cap also has the cross bones helmet, FYI.

View attachment 258720

Golden Age Cap is a whole new suit from The First Avenger Cap.

Please forgive for the dumb a*% question but is the base the only difference ?? Thanks to all

Regarding the Golden Age Cap, it was a different time too. HT seems to release more and more numbers nowadays. No matter what the box says.

The Golden Age Cap's suit was actually totally different from the First Avenger version. It was a huge improvement in fact. That one may have just been the exception to the rule, though. It actually seems like they designed it, intending it to be a wider release.

The only issue was the weird open mouth expression. Not quite angry, not quite neutral. Otherwise it's a nice figure.

You'll never know how fast figures sell out. AUO Cap sold quick. AOU Hawkeye and Black Widow is still readily available. I myself buys what I want, not caring if limited or sells out.

Back