1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

So I guess f you get this one it will have the regular face glued on?

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

So I guess we have to pre-order these 2 now, eh? :lol

Please forgive for the dumb a*% question but is the base the only difference ?? Thanks to all

Weathering on the costume and a BD shield, and no interchangeable face plates, other than that (base as well) the figures are the same :lol

The only issue was the weird open mouth expression. Not quite angry, not quite neutral. Otherwise it's a nice figure.
Yeah, that's the one part I got rid of. I kept the First Avenger sculpt, and that is still my display Captain America. So far, no movie design has surpassed that suit IMO.

Ordered. Didn't care about promo codes or RP at the moment lol. Now I will have a nice display with my favorite Rescue Version Cap and also this version. :)

Don't forget the Movie Promo Edition labeled on the box lol

So the differences between this and the normal release are some weathering on the suit (that I can't really see on my screen), a weathered shield, Crossbones helmet, and rubble stand?

Yep that's the difference. And the lack of two lower face sculpts.

Hmm...Was it the trailer which showed BP clawing his shield that brought this addition on??? Elaborate stand though

captain-america-civil-war-captain-america-sixth-scale-marvel-902703-09.jpg marvel-captain-america-civil-war-captain-america-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902657-21.jpg

My point is that it was 2 years ago. Things don't sell as fast as they used to. Times change.

That grimace would have probably made that figure a buy for me if he had interchangeable eye plates.

My point is that it was 2 years ago. Things don't sell as fast as they used to. Times change.

Ok. And last years figure sold out in an hour. Even less time then golden age cap. So.....

And if you read what I said I used GA and mkvii movie promo as the exception. But when someone asks the history and what to expect I try to include everything.

Every single year a movie promo figure has been around at least one figure sells out in around a day. Including the most recent movie promo version from last year, which sold out in minutes (like 56 lol). But that most figures do not sell out, and of those that do, do it in a week or more.

Last edited:

Ok. And last years figure sold out in an hour. Even less time then golden age cap. So.....

Honest question, which figure was sold out in an hour last year? Was it the Stealth MK VII? thanks

That grimace would have probably made that figure a buy for me if he had interchangeable eye plates.

Yes, exactly. The "battling version's" main head sculpt should not be a neutral face expression. Very weird that HT chose that.

Honest question, which figure was sold out in an hour last year? Was it the Stealth MK VII? thanks

That happens to have a very hard time selling on eBay for very fair prices. Some on FB sometimes are posted at retail plus shipping, PP fees included (therefore seller loosing money on it).

It's not the same as it once was.

Buy if you like it, not thinking is limited or some hype like that.

Yes, exactly. The "battling version's" main head sculpt should not be a neutral face expression. Very weird that HT chose that.
If they had to choose one, I think they went with the best option, because the grimace just looks strange on this figure (not unlike the Golden Age Cap in that respect!).

I'm surprised that HTs didn't just make a slightly opened mouth expression instead of the grimace. Chris Evans usually does this face in almost all the action scenes, I think it would've been perfect. They could've done that (kind of like General Zod) I think it would've looked much better. captainamerica252efe1b686785.jpg

So torn on this figure I have every hot toys cap to date. Not sure if i should pull the trigger on this one.

The only issue was the weird open mouth expression. Not quite angry, not quite neutral. Otherwise it's a nice figure.

I actually quite liked that expression. It was something different than the standard, stoic closed mouthed expressions that HT usually gives their sculpts, and Chris Evans seems to have that expression a lot while in the midst of battle. Not actually engaged in combat, but while during a brief break from actually being engaged in combat, while still in the middle of battle.

The only reason I ditched that sculpt was because of the diminutive size.

Back