1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

It's a business and marketing move to not have all the features (the angry face sculpt) including in one version. Otherwise there would be almost zero reason to order the standard figure. If the new on had that head, and all it now comes with there is zero reason to order the normal version. Now there are people who will order both, or companies that will so they can part it out...people that would not otherwise.

Very true. Is all about business and marketing. Guess I'm getting both. :goodpost:

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

If this is the BD version, it would've actually made more sense to include this HS instead
Captain-America-Civil-War-Cap-All-Day.jpg

If HT had included swappable face plates, they could've totally thrown in the above as an option and not risk losing customers who want a clean HS.

Hope the final version does come with heavier weathering....anyways, could not resist and PO'd this guy

If this is the BD version, it would've actually made more sense to include this HS instead

If HT had included swappable face plates, they could've totally thrown in the above as an option and not risk losing customers who want a clean HS.

This....would be awesome...

It's NOT a BD version... It would say "Battle Damaged Version" if it was... It says "Battling" ... Though I would rather have him roughed up and bloody a bit.

Still debating on ordering this but my question is, How useful do you think this base will actually be? I'm not seeing anything additional on it to help hold him up so could it end up being useless if he can't actually stand on it?

:exactly:

Although if it's intended to be a battling figure all around, I would have just included a permanent BD sculpt like in the image above. If one wants a clean look, that's what the regular version would be for. Sure, perhaps there may be some who want a BD suit while having a clean sculpt, but on that same token, perhaps there would be some who want a clean suit but a BD sculpt (which isn't included with the regular version), so where would it end?

This figure is from a completely different point in the film than your picture

This figure is from a completely different point in the film than your picture

All I'm saying is HT could've given us a bit more variety to improve the appeal of this figure (particularly to people who may already have a Cap figure), not saying this is how he looked at whatever point in the film.

All I'm saying is HT could've given us a bit more variety to improve the appeal of this figure (particularly to people who may already have a Cap figure), not saying this is how he looked at whatever point in the film.

Agree. I've seen people clamoring for a BD Cap/Evans sculpt before. Wouldn't this be the ideal figure to do one with?

I love seeing Cap get all this love from Hot Toys and the collectors. When his first movie came out some people were like, "Meh...it's okay I guess," while I was one of those people who absolutely loved it and never understood why others were lukewarm on it. Fast-forward to Avengers and The Winter Soldier and finally everyone saw what I saw in Cap! And now it seems like he's nearly rivaling Iron Man as the face of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. How many figures has Hot Toys made of Cap anyway? Is he the second most prolific among the Marvel figures?

Agree. I've seen people clamoring for a BD Cap/Evans sculpt before. Wouldn't this be the ideal figure to do one with?

I'm sure they will.

Regular edition

A bit dirty edition

Full BD.

And each will include some sort of ex item that would make fans fm get all three.

HT probably didn't have that kind of information when they started working on it

I'm so mad the original figure didn't come with the scratched shield :lol Oh well, I guess I should have suspected a second release.

I'll stick with my original PO. The base won't fit with the other Civil War figures, but I might try picking up the damaged shield on ebay.

I'm sure they will.

Regular edition

A bit dirty edition

Full BD.

And each will include some sort of ex item that would make fans fm get all three.

Cap slowly turning into the new Iron Man. If HT wanted to get people to buy every version, they could throw in Agent 13 in pieces for a build-a-figure deal :lol

Just applied 50$ of rewards toward this figure my total came out to $196. Looking forward to this one.

If it was the only version for sale, then sure. But again..it's not. It is in direct competition with their other CW Cap figure, and had this version had a new head sculpt or the screaming head sculpt with bd paint app then a Huge number of people would drop the older figure.

As it sits now it is bringing in sales (7 that I have seen in two hours on just this site) of people who had not yet ordered a CW cap and a couple switches and then idiots like me that get both. But if this version had the scratched shield. The dio base. And a BD head...well I'd bet most people drop the first version for this. Which does the exact opposite of what it's intended to do, add customers. Not have them lateral move from one version to the other.

I love seeing Cap get all this love from Hot Toys and the collectors. When his first movie came out some people were like, "Meh...it's okay I guess," while I was one of those people who absolutely loved it and never understood why others were lukewarm on it. Fast-forward to Avengers and The Winter Soldier and finally everyone saw what I saw in Cap! And now it seems like he's nearly rivaling Iron Man as the face of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. How many figures has Hot Toys made of Cap anyway? Is he the second most prolific among the Marvel figures?

That's the beauty of opinions when it comes to various films; those who like it can't fathom why anyone would dislike it, and those who dislike it can't fathom why anyone would like it. :duff

Nine Cap figures thus far including this current "Battling Version" and TWS Steve Rogers figure.

If it was the only version for sale, then sure. But again..it's not. It is in direct competition with their other CW Cap figure, and had this version had a new head sculpt or the screaming head sculpt with bd paint app then a Huge number of people would drop the older figure.

As it sits now it is bringing in sales (7 that I have seen in two hours on just this site) of people who had not yet ordered a CW cap and a couple switches and then idiots like me that get both. But if this version had the scratched shield. The dio base. And a BD head...well I'd bet most people drop the first version for this. Which does the exact opposite of what it's intended to do, add customers. Not have them lateral move from one version to the other.

Ah, but at the same time, say this "Battling Version" didn't come with a clean, non BD sculpt option; therefore, making it a bit more vastly different than the regular version. Sort of like the DX07 Bespin Luke regular and BD version figures. Those who want a clean sculpt would possibly gravitate more towards the regular version with the interchangeable face plates (both which are clean).

They may be more inclined in that case to get both as opposed to one or the other. I for one, would.

Just applied 50$ of rewards toward this figure my total came out to $196. Looking forward to this one.

Very cool. Congrats and that's a great price!

Cap slowly turning into the new Iron Man. If HT wanted to get people to buy every version, they could throw in Agent 13 in pieces for a build-a-figure deal :lol

Yuuuup! Where do I sign up? :rotfl :lol

Back