1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

I wonder if the base and figure have magnets like the Kerberos Panzer does. I'm guessing they do because I don't see a crotch grabber.

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Ordered. Glad I never pulled the trigger on the regular one, but the real reason was because I was holding out hope for the scale armor.

So is the sculpt on this one indeed a recycle of the SS and the AoU helmeted sculpts, just repainted to represent the CW helmet?

Yeah, if the face were bloodied or something, I might be more tempted by this. Pretty weak variant IMO.

Thanks. I dig the rubble stand, but otherwise would prefer the other one. Not that the grimace face would ever be used without corresponding changes in his eyes.

My sentiments also.

It's a cool figure, just like the clean version, but the only thing that really appeals to me that I don't already otherwise basically see in the clean version is the BD shield. Aside from diorama stand also.

A BD figure needs a BD sculpt. :lecture

View attachment 258715View attachment 258716

I'm getting terrible service right now so I ordered it without even knowing what the actual figured looked like . All I saw was movie promo and I was sold

It's a recycle from the ws, aou and cw first version. It's been recycled for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I wonder if the base and figure have magnets like the Kerberos Panzer does. I'm guessing they do because I don't see a crotch grabber.

That would be cool, I just preordered this guy and it didn't occur to me how he would be able to stay on the base.

It's a recycle from the ws, aou and cw first version. It's been recycled for a while.

Ah I gotcha. I was under the impression the CW clean version was a new sculpt, being that it has the interchangeable mouth pieces.

Does this version and the previous version have the magnetic shield like the AOU version?
I didn't see it in the description for them.

Does this version and the previous version have the magnetic shield like the AOU version?
I didn't see it in the description for them.

No. The magnetic shield on AoU Cap was merely to represent the way his shield attached in the film. He uses straps again in this film, so the shield with this figure reflects that.

I made a promise to myself that I will get all the Captain Americas made from Hot Toys. And till this day I have not let myself down. So easy purchase for me.

I just made an interesting observation. The regular Civil War sculpt actually appears to be more weathered than this one! Weird.

Regular version:

TlkWaHO.jpg

"Battling" version:

jEEV5Hv.jpg

Makes it seem like the best figures would be mixtures of those two!

It's not overly complex but it's just a con exclusive so that's not all that surprising. It's about as different as light armor Thor or the stealth Mk armor variants. And given the price point it's not a bad deal.

And it's not a battle damage figure it's a fight figure(battling) lol the blood would need to be on the other mouth sculpt I think, and had they done that then there's zero reason for 99% of people to keep that order then. There has to be something to set them apart but not so much that it costs much in dollars or sales lost
It's true a lot of the "promo" type figures are pretty basic, but the last Cap one I know of (original costume from Winter Soldier) was significantly different than anything else produced. So, it's not unprecedented for HT to do more than the bare minimum.

Ah I gotcha. I was under the impression the CW clean version was a new sculpt, being that it has the interchangeable mouth pieces.
Besides the face plates it's the same sculpt.

Sweet!!! :yess:

Ordered. :thud:

Base is just a reuse of the Kerberos' Base.

maxresdefault.jpg

I just made an interesting observation. The regular Civil War sculpt actually appears to be more weathered than this one! Weird.

Regular version:

TlkWaHO.jpg

"Battling" version:

jEEV5Hv.jpg

Seems like the way to go would be the regular version with the BD shield and perhaps the diorama stand, or the BD/promo version with the sculpt that comes with the regular version.

I have the regular version on PO, and may immediately pick-up a BD shield and a diorama stand when I see them parted out.

Besides the face plates it's the same sculpt.

Gotcha. :duff

Are these exclusives more limited than the original versions? I already preordered the original and am really thinking about this one to. I guess my queston is whether or not a Hot Toys preorder can sell out? If they can I won't hold off and preorder, but if they can I'd like to preorder one. I'm still fairly new to collecting so if this is a dumb question I apologize lol.

Regular version:

TlkWaHO.jpg

"Battling" version:

jEEV5Hv.jpg

It's true a lot of the "promo" type figures are pretty basic, but the last Cap one I know of (original costume from Winter Soldier) was significantly different than anything else produced. So, it's not unprecedented for HT to do more than the bare minimum.

There's not more they could do with this suit though. The golden age was a unique suit and used parts from the first avenger suit if I recall. I think.

And that figure was a bit different then the intent for this. This figure was designed mostly for the multiple shows. Yes it will be/is sold elsewhere but its main purpose is a show exclusive so the less they have to spend the better. It's not more expensive. It's not bare bones compared to the standard figure. It's just another option they can use.

Are these exclusives more limited than the original versions? I already preordered the original and am really thinking about this one to. I guess my queston is whether or not a Hot Toys preorder can sell out? If they can I won't hold off and preorder, but if they can I'd like to preorder one. I'm still fairly new to collecting so if this is a dumb question I apologize lol.

These promo editions usually are

Back