1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Has anyone tried to modify their actual Battling version Cap or CW Cap to a custom Infinity War?
I mean in terms of the costume; what needs to be done? The chest star ripping? Dirt the costume?

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Has anyone tried to modify their actual Battling version Cap or CW Cap to a custom Infinity War?
I mean in terms of the costume; what needs to be done? The chest star ripping? Dirt the costume?
Before anyone tries this, I'll gladly buy the infinity war version and trade you your battling civil war version. :) it would probably save me $250 bucks.

Well the actual IW suit isn’t just a dirty torn CW suit. Has different shapes, materials etc.

Why mod a pricey figure when there’s one being released?

I actually came very very close to modding my Regular CW Cap.
If HT would have just re-used the same figure like Regular and Battling, but more weathered,
I would have save money cause all I need to buy is just the head.
Also, when I have time, I do enjoy modding my figures when it needs it, its an extension of collecting.

I'm glad I waited in this case though cause its not just a reuse of CW figure with new head.
The suit is now very textured, and also the new body is a the big reason for me. Plus of course,
I think the new head looks awesome.
I'm soooo glad I got patient and waited.

The IW Cap has the chainmail texture so its pretty different compared to what we got now. Already got the MP pre-ordered.

I just bought this version and I am so happy with it. I don't have the CW Cap so I did not realize that this figure is quite heavy compared to other Hot Toys figures. The battle damaged shield also looks good.

Need your guys opinion...

How much of a gamble do you think it'd be to sell this figure with the mindset that Cap may finally have scalemail armor in A4 OR they may re-release an updated TFA Cap or GA Cap for Marvel's First Ten Years series?

Hate to say it, but the resale on this would go a long way towards contributing to either of the hypothetical figures I mentioned plus whatever else HTs may have in store.

I’d say it’s a decent bet that one of those options happens, and happens soon. Better to sell now if you can. Prices will drop if a new version in classic colors comes out

I’m not sure about the scale armor, but I think a TFA 2.0 or even an A1 2.0 (judging by A4 production photos) could be in the cards.

I’d say it’s a decent bet that one of those options happens, and happens soon. Better to sell now if you can. Prices will drop if a new version in classic colors comes out

That's exactly my train of thought. Once one of those are revealed I'm sure it would instantly reduce demand on this version.

IM and maybe SM are the only 2 characters I'd be okay with having more than 1 for representation of. As much as I love this, I'd love any of the potential future releases more.

But man, that would suck so much to sell this and have none of those possibilities come to fruition...

(I should've quoted this in my previous post)

I’m not sure about the scale armor, but I think a TFA 2.0 or even an A1 2.0 (judging by A4 production photos) could be in the cards.

I'm really hoping that the concept art is some indication of scale armor. I know we saw scalemail on some Walmart shirts for CW, but this feels more like a possibility, especially if Cap is done after A4.

TFA, totally down for that. An A1?... eh. Love hate with that one. For whatever reason, it looked so much better in the concept art, or art in general. How it actually came out on film looked like some pj's, IMO.

Which I bet we see next year.

(I should've quoted this in my previous post)

I'm really hoping that the concept art is some indication of scale armor. I know we saw scalemail on some Walmart shirts for CW, but this feels more like a possibility, especially if Cap is done after A4.

TFA, totally down for that. An A1?... eh. Love hate with that one. For whatever reason, it looked so much better in the concept art, or art in general. How it actually came out on film looked like some pj's, IMO.

A TFA 2.0 would be cool. However, I also have RS (as well as the other TFA figures) and I presume a 2.0 TFA will probably have a bigger body than the current figure, thus putting it out of scale with the other TFA figures.

I’m the same with A1. I kind of like the suit, but it’s probably my least favorite Cap suit out of all of them and I already sold off my A1 collection once, so I’d be out on an A1 2.0.

I am looking to purchase one. Those of you who have one to sell, let me know.

Back