1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Are you referring to the Mark VII Stealth Version? If so, that's incorrect. I remember it lasting a good day or two before being waitlisted. The fastest Movie Promo Edition that sold out was the Mark VII Battle Damage as part of the IM3 release. That went to waitlist in about 4 hours if my memory serves me correct. (Mark VII Battle Damage was the best Movie Promo release in my opinion, but this is second for me. Awesome figure and I hope they damage everything up drastically.)

I remember what a debacle that PO was for a lot of people. You would've thought the world was ending. It came up during rush hour on the east coast and it sold out fast so people were pissed. I remember being at a happy hour and ordering it from my phone. :lol

Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Just applied 50$ of rewards toward this figure my total came out to $196. Looking forward to this one.

I applied 56 and it came out to 175, why was yours so much more?

That's the beauty of opinions when it comes to various films; those who like it can't fathom why anyone would dislike it, and those who dislike it can't fathom why anyone would like it. :duff

Nine Cap figures thus far including this current "Battling Version" and TWS Steve Rogers figure.

Ah, but at the same time, say this "Battling Version" didn't come with a clean, non BD sculpt option. Those who want a clean sculpt would possibly gravitate more towards the regular version with the interchangeable face plates (both which are clean).

They may be more inclined in that case to get both as opposed to one or the other.

Which is why they did it exactly like they did. It adds interest with minimal divide.

I would have bought it if his face was bloody

I'm so mad the original figure didn't come with the scratched shield :lol Oh well, I guess I should have suspected a second release.

I'll stick with my original PO. The base won't fit with the other Civil War figures, but I might try picking up the damaged shield on ebay.

Yeah...same here. Just glad the second version came with the scratched shield. Going to look good posing with Panther! :panic:

Which is why they did it exactly like they did. It adds interest with minimal divide.

Wouldn't two vastly different figures though bring in more sales because people might feel more compelled to get both as opposed to simply one or the other, being that the looks are essentially the same? :dunno

I for one, am one of these. Along with ABM apparently.

Yeah. It sold out really fast.

And now the Stealth Mk 7 sells for a bit below retail. Most everyone who bought that bought it to flip it or in fear that it would be completely unobtainable price wise later, just in case. Once it didn't pan out, most realized they didn't actually want it. I think that was actually the straw that broke the camels back, and you don't see people buying things right when they PO for speculation purposes anymore.

GA Cap isn't worth retail anymore. Exclusive Tank is $50 below retail. Stealth Mk 3 still available. Gamma still available (can't get a good price trend on ebay because only 4 have even sold). Maria Hill still available.

I could see this Cap selling out quick if it were really cool or different. Like serious battle damage version, with a lot of wear, weathering, and blood. And a battle face. This one really should have the fighting expression out of the two, really. All it really has to offer is the shield, which can easily be had parted out or customed later. Otherwise its the same figure, and its already not that distinguished from the AoU one in the first place. Those that don't want 2-3 nearly identical figures are spoiled for choice now.

Are you referring to the Mark VII Stealth Version? If so, that's incorrect. I remember it lasting a good day or two before being waitlisted. The fastest Movie Promo Edition that sold out was the Mark VII Battle Damage as part of the IM3 release. That went to waitlist in about 4 hours if my memory serves me correct. (Mark VII Battle Damage was the best Movie Promo release in my opinion, but this is second for me. Awesome figure and I hope they damage everything up drastically.)

It's hard to keep track of it all but I went back and looked. It went up for Po on sideshow at 9ish pm and first went to wait list at a little after 10. It went back and forth a few times when people canceled and cards got declined...but it did actually go to wait list in around an hour.

What's with the lack of any battle damage weathering? They couldn't have at least included a bloody mouth piece?

12974387_1185006561511333_1265613934840407613_n.jpg

What's with the lack of any battle damage weathering? They couldn't have at least included a bloody mouth piece?

12974387_1185006561511333_1265613934840407613_n.jpg

Yea and my aging eyes are struggling to see the BD on the suit too but I still like it. :lol

You remember incorrectly, the Stealth Mark 7 definitely did NOT last more than a few hours. I was on a road trip for a concert when it went up, and I had my friend order it for my though my phone while I was driving. It was on March 20th last year... By the time I got to the destination it was wait-listed and it was only about a 2 hour ride.

Last edited:

I honestly held my breath when I clicked this thread... I thought it was Chainmail Cap.

They could still add a bloody headsculpt. I hoping that is what will happen once HT get wind of it but I POed anyway.

My opinion on this release is very interesting due to the fact that when the first version of Cap from Civil War went up for order I sat there looking at it and didn't even press the order button. As a huge Captain America fan I passed because owning the others especially the AOU, it just looked the same to me which it basically is besides the face plates which didn't even tempt me the slightest. Now for this version I can see why I just hit the button. It looks almost exactly the same but the helmet is painted a bit different, weathering all around, shield has damage and Black Panther scratch marks and the awesome base which I know is a rehash from another figure but fits well. This version also still comes with the Steve portrait and crossbones helmet which makes this release better and for the price you cannot go wrong. It's an exclusive that is well worth the money and if it's limited it's a steal. I can honestly care less if it didn't come with a portrait that was bloody or angry style. This may have the same sculpts as before but what pushed me to order right away was the slightly different paint,weathering, shield and base plus the extras you would get with the first except the face plates which his not a big deal for me. More bang for your bucks this time around and it's the same price as the first release. Also glancing at the costume a bit it seems to be a different color blue.

You remember incorrectly, the Stealth Mark 7 definitely did NOT last more than a few hours. I was on a road trip for a concert when it went up, and I had my friend order it for my though my phone while I was driving. It was on March 20th last year... By the time I got to the destination it was wait-listed and it was only about a 2 hour ride.

Doesn't change the fact that it can be had for less than retail nowadays.

No one really "missed out".

I never mentioned that, and that wasn't even remotely part of my point.

Yea Im still casually looking for one but I want it for under $300 but if I dont find one it's not a big deal.

I'm noticing some differences besides the weathering in the costume, the boots on this version are darker almost black vice the brown on the first version. Also the red stripe on the forearm is brown on this version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually the arm part may not be brown it is darker, but it might just be "weathering" , either way it's darker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea Im still casually looking for one but I want it for under $300 but if I dont find one it's not a big deal.

There's some on ebay for $320 + shipping. Ask the seller for a Paypal only transaction and offer him/her $300 period (or less).

It really is not selling.

Back