1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming from someone that doesn't know how to differentiate using the words "to" and "too". Ya. That's a real insult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wrote that at 2am after a 12 hour shift and it was not a insult i would REALLY like to be someplace with heat and sand :lol

I want to, I've seen some really nice ones and the latest Wayne Headsculpt is hecka nice.
I'm not sure if I would go with the standard blue suit though.

I'm still holding out hope for an official BvS Armory being released

d752751c25d07a32aabebb5c3894b01a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see them going back to BvS now. The armoury along with Wayne, Gordon and Alfred figures might happen for the solo Batman movie though.

I don't see them going back to BvS now. The armoury along with Wayne, Gordon and Alfred figures might happen for the solo Batman movie though.

True. I think that's what happened to the BvS Batmobile. There's more of a chance they'll make the JL version now.

First, Unreal Toys is taken down after someone reported him to FB. Now, an assault on Jaxon's integrety? I am no worlds greatest detective, but it looks like someone is trying to eliminate the competition and corner the market.

First, Unreal Toys is taken down after someone reported him to FB. Now, an assault on Jaxon's integrety? I am no worlds greatest detective, but it looks like someone is trying to eliminate the competition and corner the market.

Big money in custom capes!!... so artistic

To me its bootleggers fighting with bootleggers, nobody is licensed to do these and Im sure WB isnt getting paid by anyone of these guys a licensing fee.

True. I think that's what happened to the BvS Batmobile. There's more of a chance they'll make the JL version now.

I think for sure we'll get a Batmobile from this DCEU, just not sure if it will be from BvS, JL or the Batman movie. From what I've seen so far I actually like the BvS version better but either way it's gonna be good.

To me its bootleggers fighting with bootleggers, nobody is licensed to do these and Im sure WB isnt getting paid by anyone of these guys a licensing fee.

My sentiments as well.

There are many producers of beautiful custom capes, but I don't really understand how one is ripping off of the other when you're all producing basically the same cape for the same figure, presumably out of relatively the same fabric to reflect screen accuracy in texture and look. I mean aren't you all essentially ripping off from a larger source?

It just seems a little trivial to me to fight with (don't buy his/theirs, buy mine!) and attempt to delegitimize other customs dealers when it comes to doll/figure accessories. Personally, it almost gives me incentive to not want to buy from any of them as it comes off a bit pretentious.

Lets change the subject PLEASE, were is the BVS Bat Signal that was displayed by Hot Toy's ?

Question of the day. Along with the Batmobile. :lol

I think we might get 1 sdcc exclusive from bvs this July battle damage armored Batman. Hot toys would be ignorant if they don't captailize on it

You're the only one that really gets it.
Artists have to stick together.
And consumers have the right to know what and who they're buying from.

That was the whole point of my post

Glad to know at least someone can acknowledge it.

In terms of my rep being ruined, I'm not the one that's selling capes and from 1,700 views to 2,200 views on this link, that's at least a good amount of people more well informed now.
https://www.facebook.com/dandymei/posts/10158413138510035

Now back to the Batman collection.
a14697965aa3c63c89c65af1b311c37c.jpg

Just like it's mostly other artists that appreciate art, I doubt many other people can understand that point of view until they make something that they have invested time and care for and then see another person just come along and claim it as theirs...

Anyway, that's a bloody great picture! Which camera did you use for it, I ask... but I'm expecting that it'll be a camera that I wouldn't be able to afford. :')

Just like it's mostly other artists that appreciate art, I doubt many other people can understand that point of view until they make something that they have invested time and care for and then see another person just come along and claim it as theirs...

Anyway, that's a bloody great picture! Which camera did you use for it, I ask... but I'm expecting that it'll be a camera that I wouldn't be able to afford. :')

Id agree if these guys made a one off for themselves but they are selling unlicensed products ( does Tony Mei pay WB a fee to copy and sell their design)? If not its just "thieves" stealing from "thieves" and thats kinda a wild west situation where no one can claim moral superiority, its just the world of unlicensed bootlegging.

Thanks Gary, unfortunately not everyone can really see my point. The majority of people on these forums are consumers and don't understand the time it takes to create something and then having someone copy your work underhandedly and then using your pictures of your work to promote their own.

People come out to reply back with 'nobody cares', 'he must be on Tony's payroll', etc...when all I'm doing is standing up for creators.

Someone recently messaged me about my SSF forum topic and they even mentioned "the irony of people spending time on superhero threads and not understanding what it means to stand up for others, or too tunnel visioned to understand that the conversation never stopped being about the figure, it just included a broader scope of pertinence'.

It's also interesting that for all the people commenting on the first night i posted the link, that we should move on and stop talking about this topic, are STILL talking about this topic and putting their opinions in.

In terms of how supposedly 'this all doesn't matter because Tony and Jaxon don't pay WB/HT royalties'; this excuse is just an easy cop out for people who don't believe in customizing their figures or have no clue about the time it takes to design such customs.

If anything, customizers help Hot Toys out by improving their 'stock' figures and would encourage more sales just to get the 'stock' figure in order to customize it or make it more accurate.
The stock BvS cape is just an ok cape but it's far away from being screen accurate.

I don't have an issue with Jaxon that he makes the capes (even though there are screenshots showing that Jaxon was asking Tony questions on how he [Tony] made his cape, I'm pretty sure Tony wouldn't have been so forthcoming on giving Jaxon advice if he knew that Jaxon was planning on trying to replicate his cape design...)..my issue is that he PURPOSELY used Tony Mei's capes (in pictures) as advertisement to sell his own capes. <---- THATS IT. So far Jaxon can't even comment about this at all even though he was demanding me for proof about this issue a month ago.

I've accepted the fact that SSF does have a great reputation in terms of rudeness but it won't stop me from speaking my mind even if people make claims that all I'm doing is 'polluting' the thread.

Everyone else can chime in now trying to put in their last word as usual. But it won't change the fact that the evidence is out there at this link.
https://www.facebook.com/dandymei/posts/10158413138510035
~3400 views

cape6.jpg

oh and just take to answer your question, i took the picture using a SonyA7r2 with a 90mm FE macro lens...its an expensive set up but if you wanted to get pictures like this, all you really need is a decent camera with a Macro Lens...just pm me if you're serious about it and I can help you find one. :)

Id agree if these guys made a one off for themselves but they are selling unlicensed products ( does Tony Mei pay WB a fee to copy and sell their design)? If not its just "thieves" stealing from "thieves" and thats kinda a wild west situation where no one can claim moral superiority, its just the world of unlicensed bootlegging.

Totally agree
It's a cape, you can make it a hundred ways. Don't understand why somebody would cry about it?

It's not the cape that gj1980 is concerned with. He explained it multiple times already. It's the fact a person used another person's photographs and claimed it as his own. It's like plagiarism. That's what gj1980's gripe is about.

It's not the cape that gj1980 is concerned with. He explained it multiple times already. It's the fact a person used another person's photographs and claimed it as his own. It's like plagiarism. That's what gj1980's gripe is about.

Well yeah, people in the bootlegging world dont play fair, they take something some else did and sell it for profit, whether taking someones photos or studio design of a character (ie a cape) , thats just the world they operate in and one shouldnt be shocked or angered when it happens to them

Back