1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure they will, seeing that will notice the demand for the B v S version
I hope so it would be nice to get the figures for the movie in the same year it's due to be released. If they stay on track and release wonder women they would have released all the figures in the same year as the movie came out.

Next year hot toys has the 2 marvel movies GoG and Thor 3. In addition the new star wars movie along with justice League .not sure of they are planing and Disney movies like pirates 5 or anything else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

As I mentioned before, what I'm interested in seeing is how the apparent high demand for these BvS figures will affect the potential production of the BvS Batmobile and Bat Signal.

I don't have any room for the Batmobile, but I hope both end up getting made as a result of HT seeing how well the figures are selling. I'm sure there's many that will want them.

What I'm trying to wrap my head around is how figures are so popular from a seemingly "unpopular" movie. I mean are these figures just that good to where people are thinking they're too good to pass up? Or did more people actually enjoy the film than what they're willing to publicly admit because the seemingly popular and trendy thing to do was bash it? I can absolutely understand there will be people who didn't necessarily like the film but they think the figures are solid and/or like the characters in general, but would that be enough to make them promptly sell out? People were divided on MoS and it even got better reviews than BvS, but many people didn't get the MoS figure(s) because they weren't fond of the film (like BvS), despite the figures being top notch (like these). I'm sure you still had some people though (like these figures) who bought MoS Supes simply because they're a general Superman fan and/or thought it was a cool looking figure. However, despite MoS Superman being a cool figure, it got down to dangerously low prices and took awhile to finally sell out.

So if so many people ostensibly despised BvS and presuming there's only a handful of people (like MoS) who are buying the figures simply because they think the figures are cool and/or simply like the characters even though they didn't like the film, I wonder why the BvS figures are quickly selling out?

I'm just sayin...look at people who have original Star Wars toys

Mark Hamill said his kids regret giving their Princess Leia doll a Sinead Oconner hair cut:dunno

I get it but action figure collecting is a poor investment choice. People buy these figures because they enjoy them and want to mod them to make them look even better. If any figures were ever made to be modded, it's SSC and HT 1/6 figures. Of course, everyone's reason for collecting are different so your milage may vary.

IMO, the fun or thrill of " Collecting " is owning not " Collect and turn around and sell it " If that was my nitch, I would've gotten out of collecting decades ago, And my collection of HT would've been less than 10 pieces right now in 2016, instead of the current 50 plus HT pieces I own at this minute. :lecture

Hey everybody has a right to do whatever pleases them for their HT. I'm just saying I spend the time, money, effort, etc because I want these pieces for myself.

A pet peeve of mine is when I get a figure I want it to resemble as much to the actual character or source as possible just for my enjoyment, so why not use my art skills to the test and mod if I could :wave

My friends and family think I'm nuts when I mod my figures, but I don't care, it will never stop me.

I wouldnt worry too much about your orders converting. With a figure this popular theyre looking to move as many units as possible. Hot toys used to be more about making a limited quantity now they're just printing money and I dont blame them.

I remember when the DX12 was out it actually went to back order. It was my first hot toy I got it as a gift. Perhaps the same will happen with the BVS line, who knows. But their doing very well with this line.

I wouldnt worry too much about your orders converting. With a figure this popular theyre looking to move as many units as possible. Hot toys used to be more about making a limited quantity now they're just printing money and I dont blame them.

Yeah pretty much feel the same. It's all about money in a business and HT is going for the cash cow because they know the demand is there.

If HT possibly fixes the nitpicks for the " rebreather " version, I imagine a lot of these waitlisted bats will convert because there will be a number of cancellations

As I mentioned before, what I'm interested in seeing is how the apparent high demand for these BvS figures will affect the potential production of the BvS Batmobile and Bat Signal.

I don't have any room for the Batmobile, but I hope both end up getting made as a result of HT seeing how well the figures are selling. I'm sure there's many that will want them.

What I'm trying to wrap my head around is how figures are so popular from a seemingly "unpopular" movie. I mean are these figures just that good to where people are thinking they're too good to pass up? Or did more people actually enjoy the film than what they're willing to publicly admit because the seemingly popular and trendy thing to do was bash it? I can absolutely understand there will be people who didn't necessarily like the film but they think the figures are solid and/or like the characters in general, but would that be enough to make them promptly sell out? People were divided on MoS and it even got better reviews than BvS, but many people didn't get the MoS figure(s) because they weren't fond of the film (like BvS), despite the figures being top notch (like these). I'm sure you still had some people though (like these figures) who bought MoS Supes simply because they're a general Superman fan and/or thought it was a cool looking figure. However, despite MoS Superman being a cool figure, it got down to dangerously low prices and took awhile to finally sell out.

So if so many people ostensibly despised BvS and presuming there's only a handful of people (like MoS) who are buying the figures simply because they think the figures are cool and/or simply like the characters even though they didn't like the film, I wonder why the BvS figures are quickly selling out?

You answered your own question in the same post bro :lol

There are 4 camps regarding this line...

1-hated the movie because of its structure, atmosphere and tone...but liked parts of it I.e the characters, design, action and music. Definite buy.

2-vocally hated the movie, but won't admit that they secretly liked it after all. Definite buy.

3-initially hated the movie and decided to pass on all merchandise. But after watching the Ultimate cut and developing an appreciation for it, decided to get the figures. Definite buy.

4-the new hotness. Impulse buys.

Pure speculation.

Yeah pretty much feel the same. It's all about money in a business and HT is going for the cash cow because they know the demand is there.

If HT possibly fixes the nitpicks for the " rebreather " version, I imagine a lot of these waitlisted bats will convert because there will be a number of cancellations

Not too sure about that. I can't see the SS version having many accessories.

Because movies are seen by millions of people and Hot Toys are a niche product purchased by thousands of people instead of millions?

mXLXXgc.jpg

iNls928.jpg

K5V34sU.jpg

AAhLOne.jpg

Fkn8OGY.jpg

Backdrop Visuals for FREE! Feel free to visit my facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/AZO-Custom-Visuals-Ideas-1102607059833590/

Thanks...

You answered your own question in the same post bro :lol

1-hated the movie because of its structure, atmosphere and tone...but liked parts of it I.e the characters, design, action and music. Definite buy.

2-vocally hated the movie, but won't admit that they secretly liked it after all. Definite buy.

3-initially hated the movie and decided to pass on all merchandise. But after watching the Ultimate cut and developing an appreciation for it, decided to get the figures. Definite buy.

4-the new hotness. Impulse buys.

Pure speculation.

Well no, that was kind of the point. :lol

Acknowledging the possible scenarios as to why people are buying them, but wondering which one it's more a case of? As I mentioned, despite the MoS figures being of quality and the new "hotness" at the time, MoS Supes didn't fly off the shelves presumably because people, at least initially, didn't care for the film. However, it still got better reviews than BvS. So even though the MoS were top notch and the "new hotness" if that wasn't enough to cause people to buy them, why are these figures being cool and the "new hotness" suddenly enough to make people want to buy them despite them detesting the film? :lol

The point is that I'm sort of leaning to two and three on your list more possibly being the case, presuming that one and four applied to the MoS figure(s) as well, but that didn't cause MoS Supes to quickly sell out. But then again, Batman is seemingly a more popular character and also sells more figures than Superman, so I think the sales of this Superman figure potentially piggy backed on the sales of Armored and regular Bats.

After seeing Clippers unboxing and reviews of this fig i knew i needed it after being on the fence. So i pre ordered it from forbiddenplanet £219 posted. Gotta wait a month but i dont mind waiting a month to save a hundred quid

After seeing Clippers unboxing and reviews of this fig i knew i needed it after being on the fence. So i pre ordered it from forbiddenplanet £219 posted. Gotta wait a month but i dont mind waiting a month to save a hundred quid
That's a good price, I keep forgetting there are two Forbidden Planets in the UK. Is the Co.uk reliable? Do they take payment or a deposit upfront or just process full payment when they get it in like the .com?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Thats me ! I didn't like the movie. Didn't change my mind even after watching Ultimate edition. But Batman was insane in BvS. He was scary, powerful and agressive. He's look was amazing too. Ben Affleck nail that role.

That's a good price, I keep forgetting there are two Forbidden Planets in the UK. Is the Co.uk reliable? Do they take payment or a deposit upfront or just process full payment when they get it in like the .com?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
ive used co.uk twice before and it was fine ( also note, if you go to .com the price is higher... so use co.uk! )

When i ordered the figure ( say its gonna be in warehouse 30th november ) they took 1p from my credit card, but im not sure if that was just because i had to update the card since i last used it and they wanted to verify. But in my order they did say they dont take anything until its time to dispatch the item to us.

Back