1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You answered your own question in the same post bro :lol

There are 4 camps regarding this line...

1-hated the movie because of its structure, atmosphere and tone...but liked parts of it I.e the characters, design, action and music. Definite buy.

2-vocally hated the movie, but won't admit that they secretly liked it after all. Definite buy.

3-initially hated the movie and decided to pass on all merchandise. But after watching the Ultimate cut and developing an appreciation for it, decided to get the figures. Definite buy.

4-the new hotness. Impulse buys.

Pure speculation.

Can I be in camp 5?

I initially thought the movie was awesome and would have rated it 8.5 at least. Then, done some thinking and pondering and I reconsidered that it wasn't worth more than a 6 or 6.5 at best, ref or UC.

Still good, but so flawed.

I find myself liking the movie more and more... but more for WW and the Justice League buildup than the actual Batman v Superman part. It might be fun to watch those two characters interact, but ultimately I just don't have any interest in watching them battle or beat the crap out of each other.

I've seen it 4 times UC and I still like it. DC got off to a rough start IMO, I didn't like MoS and thought SS was OK but Marvel started off rough as well. IM and Avengers were great but Cap:FA and Thor were meh so DC still has time to get it's act together.

Well, what's paradoxical is that I like it! What I don't like is that everything comes too early, and it makes me laugh when people say this actor sucks or that one was awesome. Truth is, that story was so overcrowded that none of them had a long enough part with enough dialogue to show their acting chops. That's my main disappointment, that and sad Hopeman.

Batman was good, but to say he was better than Nolan's Bat is nonsense. Bale had three movies to establish his portrayal when Batfleck only had maybe twenty minutes worth of dialogue. Maybe he will be better, but really, it's not with this movie that you can have a clear and defined opinion.

Well, what's paradoxical is that I like it! What I don't like is that everything comes too early, and it makes me laugh when people say this actor sucks or that one was awesome. Truth is, that story was so overcrowded that none of them had a long enough part with enough dialogue to show their acting chops. That's my main disappointment, that and sad Hopeman.

Batman was good, but to say he was better than Nolan's Bat is nonsense. Bale had three movies to establish his portrayal when Batfleck only had maybe twenty minutes worth of dialogue. Maybe he will be better, but really, it's not with this movie that you can have a clear and defined opinion.

Well one significant thing that I can say that Batfleck and Bale had in common is I despised their batman voices. Seriously why does Nolan and Snyder think that Batman has to sound like he has a sore throat that exploded in their mouth. :slap

It's not even scary..more annoying

hey directors Keaton and Kilmer killed it with their bat voices and all they did is lower their own voice. Learn from it please :lecture

Thats me ! I didn't like the movie. Didn't change my mind even after watching Ultimate edition. But Batman was insane in BvS. He was scary, powerful and agressive. He's look was amazing too. Ben Affleck nail that role.

Yup, there ya go haha. A good friend didn't like the movie as a whole and that's what frustrated him. He felt there were so many good parts, but it just wasn't cohesive enough to his liking...then again, he only watched the theatrical cut. I'm sure he'll feel differently after watching the UC. And fist bump about Affleck. He crushed it in the role.

Well no, that was kind of the point. :lol

Acknowledging the possible scenarios as to why people are buying them, but wondering which one it's more a case of? As I mentioned, despite the MoS figures being of quality and the new "hotness" at the time, MoS Supes didn't fly off the shelves presumably because people, at least initially, didn't care for the film. However, it still got better reviews than BvS. So even though the MoS were top notch and the "new hotness" if that wasn't enough to cause people to buy them, why are these figures being cool and the "new hotness" suddenly enough to make people want to buy them despite them detesting the film? :lol

The point is that I'm sort of leaning to two and three on your list more possibly being the case, presuming that one and four applied to the MoS figure(s) as well, but that didn't cause MoS Supes to quickly sell out. But then again, Batman is seemingly a more popular character and also sells more figures than Superman, so I think the sales of this Superman figure potentially piggy backed on the sales of Armored and regular Bats.

Agreed. IMO, batman most definitely played a role in supermans sales. Kind of a shame. Superman is an awesome figure in its own right and to have to piggyback on batman bums me out.

Only like 4 thing I like about the movie.

-nightmare
-batman warehouse
-WW
-batman superman showdown.

I've seen it 4 times UC and I still like it. DC got off to a rough start IMO, I didn't like MoS and thought SS was OK but Marvel started off rough as well. IM and Avengers were great but Cap:FA and Thor were meh so DC still has time to get it's act together.

I actually think the first films of the DCEU are stronger than the first MCU ones. MCU didn't really gain traction until the first Avengers. I'm obviously in the minority apparently, but I like all three of the DC films thus far and like how they have started off.

Well one significant thing that I can say that Batfleck and Bale had in common is I despised their batman voices. Seriously why does Nolan and Snyder think that Batman has to sound like he has a sore throat that exploded in their mouth. :slap

It's not even scary..more annoying

hey directors Keaton and Kilmer killed it with their bat voices and all they did is lower their own voice. Learn from it please :lecture

Wasn't a fan of Bale's gruff Batman voice, but I thought Affleck's voice changer for Batman was kind of unique.

I actually think the first films of the DCEU are stronger than the first MCU ones. MCU didn't really gain traction until the first Avengers.

Wasn't a fan of Bale's gruff Batman voice, but I thought Affleck's voice changer for Batman was kind of unique.

Alright I'll give you Batfleck's voice was menancing when he said " Why did you say Martha ! " that was chilling. But Bale's was so bad in all three films

I actually think the first films of the DCEU are stronger than the first MCU ones. MCU didn't really gain traction until the first Avengers. I'm obviously in the minority apparently, but I like all three of the DC films thus far and like how they have started off.

You can't compare Batman and Superman A-list characters with big screen history (good or bad) with Ironman and Thor B-listers at the time and zero big screen history. Marvel took the bigger gamble and had patience and paid off. Unfortunately, DC is trying to catch up, something that they have no need to do. They just have to take the time to make good movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clipperking's "old school" mod of using a lighter on his Batman cape made my day.

The whole mint condition and buying modern collectibles for profit really needs to stop. I think very few so called "collectibles" will be worth a lot in the future. Unless the company actually makes a point in making the item rare. There will be a ton of these Batman and other Hot Toys figures. I like seeing people mod them to make them more movie accurate.

You can't compare Batman and Superman A-list characters with big screen history (good or bad) with Ironman and Thor B-listers at the time and zero big screen history. Marvel took the bigger gamble and had patience and paid off. Unfortunately, DC is trying to catch up, something that they have no need to do. They just have to take the time to make good movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well personally, I don't really like comparing Marvel to DC in any capacity because each have their own unique way of doing things. What each universe lacks, the other one has and I enjoy both. However, if I had to choose, I simply enjoyed DC's first offerings more so than what I did Marvel's.

I would actually also venture to say that the DCEU took the bigger gamble in my opinion because as you alluded to, there have already been previous cinematic adaptations of both Batman and Superman that people are already accustomed to. So reinventing them as they did for this universe was a big gamble because many people already have in their minds the "right" way to portray these characters based on what their favorite cinematic adaptation for each one is. Reeves, Routh, Bale, Keaton, etc.

With Marvel, there for the most part have been no previous big cinematic adaptations of their characters, so many people haven't already been conditioned to what they feel is the "right" way to portray them on screen. The next time Marvel introduces these characters on the big screen again in the future, they will be vetted and held under a microscope a bit more because they will be compared to these current versions.

Well personally, I don't really like comparing Marvel to DC in any capacity because each have their own unique way of doing things. What each universe lacks, the other one has and I enjoy both. However, if I had to choose, I simply enjoyed DC's first offerings more so than what I did Marvel's.

I would actually also venture to say that the DCEU took the bigger gamble in my opinion because as you alluded to, there have already been previous cinematic adaptations of both Batman and Superman that people are already accustomed to. So reinventing them as they did for this universe was a big gamble because many people already have in their minds the "right" way to portray these characters based on what their favorite cinematic adaptation for each one is. Reeves, Routh, Bale, Keaton, etc.

With Marvel, there for the most part have been no previous big cinematic adaptations of their characters, so many people haven't already been conditioned to what they feel is the "right" way to portray them on screen. The next time Marvel introduces these characters on the big screen again in the future, they will be vetted and held under a microscope a bit more because they will be compared to these current versions.

Very well said. This is a totally different universe than previous incarnations of DC characters on film.

Clipperking's "old school" mod of using a lighter on his Batman cape made my day.

The whole mint condition and buying modern collectibles for profit really needs to stop. I think very few so called "collectibles" will be worth a lot in the future. Unless the company actually makes a point in making the item rare. There will be a ton of these Batman and other Hot Toys figures. I like seeing people mod them to make them more movie accurate.

There are 4 camps regarding this line...

1-hated the movie because of its structure, atmosphere and tone...but liked parts of it I.e the characters, design, action and music. Definite buy.

2-vocally hated the movie, but won't admit that they secretly liked it after all. Definite buy.

3-initially hated the movie and decided to pass on all merchandise. But after watching the Ultimate cut and developing an appreciation for it, decided to get the figures. Definite buy.

4-the new hotness. Impulse buys.

when i watched the theatrical version, i sat in my chair thinking, this was one of the best Superhero movies i had seen...in fact better than all of them except for dark knight and CW. i loved it from the word go. yes its flawed, SO WHAT. people get so involved in being critical that they miss the point. its a superhero movie for us to watch the spectacle of. anyone who is not a critic that spends more than 3 minutes complaining and nitpicking (the IGN user) really need to rethink their lives. I'm not talking about fans sitting around a beer or 2 talking about what they liked and didn't like, no. I'm talking about the haters. the people who just want to piss and moan.

i loved this movie and the ultimate edition was even better. its not the greatest of all time. no. but my 2 favorites outside of star wars are batman and superman. and to that end, i thought this movie was a load of fun and i look forward to all the DC movies. i personally enjoy the grit and darkness. you don't have to. but you don't have to whine about it endlessly either. i hated the tobey maguire spidermans. thats about as much as I've said about them.

so put me in camp 5.

Loved it. Definite buy. all of them.

I liked the idea of the voice modulator. Makes more sense than Batman doing an impression of a chain-smoker. I hope he turns it off when he talks to Gordon in JL though, that'd be a cool way to show the respect and bond between the two men.

when i watched the theatrical version, i sat in my chair thinking, this was one of the best Superhero movies i had seen...in fact better than all of them except for dark knight and CW. i loved it from the word go. yes its flawed, SO WHAT. people get so involved in being critical that they miss the point. its a superhero movie for us to watch the spectacle of. anyone who is not a critic that spends more than 3 minutes complaining and nitpicking (the IGN user) really need to rethink their lives. I'm not talking about fans sitting around a beer or 2 talking about what they liked and didn't like, no. I'm talking about the haters. the people who just want to piss and moan.

i loved this movie and the ultimate edition was even better. its not the greatest of all time. no. but my 2 favorites outside of star wars are batman and superman. and to that end, i thought this movie was a load of fun and i look forward to all the DC movies. i personally enjoy the grit and darkness. you don't have to. but you don't have to whine about it endlessly either. i hated the tobey maguire spidermans. thats about as much as I've said about them.

so put me in camp 5.

My sentiments precisely. When you go into a film with the intention of seeing just how much you can find "wrong" with it that isn't up to your personal standards or liking, you end up missing the actual film because you were trying to focus on trying to find what was wrong with it rather than allowing yourself be entertained and follow the film.

so put me in camp 5.

I don't think that's how WB, and Snyder see these films at all. They've clearly tried to be more high brow, and more then just super hero fun/spectacle. So when they take themselves so deathly serious, they and their fans should understand people are going to call them out when they miss the mark.

Back