1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
modded figures go for grip loads of cash. sometimes 10x's the collectibles MSRP.

as far as little mods like this go, it won't hurt he value. and you'll be happier with it.

I don't see anything wrong about the custom scratches that people have added to their bat emblems. They look really good and fine to me. :dunno

However, that being said, I don't think it's something that's necessary with this figure. As I mentioned earlier, I liken it to being something as minor as the too prevalent dark outlining of the S on the Superman figure.

Silver or not, take it easy guys. I had the figure less than a hour to play around with. I was actually very lucky that my friend GJ able to bring his figure to show me in person. My will arrived in a few days, and I'll mod it better along with GJ's figure together : ) things like this takes time and practice, let's have some fun here together k ; )

Besides, it took HT how long to make this? let's just be happy that this figure has great potential to look even better. I'm sure there are many experts and talented artists here can turn this figure even better than what I have done : ) I do look forward to see more people's work in hand :D let's just enjoy while we wait for the figure to arrive together :D

I think much of the custom work looks phenomenal.

You know what the funny thing is though? I once got into an argument with someone about "supposed" damage to a figure, when it was actually factory weathering. Lol. The figure was brand new too and unopened. I even showed him the pics of the location he described from Hot Toys' site, and he still wouldn't believe me. I ended up refunding the money back to him just so I could sell it to someone else. The guy was a newb to collecting Hot Toys though, and of course I had to be the person he wanted to buy from. What a waste of a week. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a hobby lol, if I was worried about investing my money into something I would invest in stocks and gold. All these comments about what this figure will be worth in 40 years is just funny to me. Just enjoy this hobby for what it is...a hobby. Lol

The majority of people I feel buy these figures for their own personal enjoyment and never plan on selling them, so they try and make it look as good as what they possibly can and as film accurate as they possibly can to help them enjoy it even more. Some people live for mods, some people prefer keeping their figures stock, even if they don't plan on selling them. Unless it's something that just bothers me to no end, I personally tend to just keep my figures as is. Something as minor as missing a few scratches, not being quite weathered enough, etc. has never really bothered me. The farthest I've gone with modding my figures is just swapping out a stock cape for a custom.

I once saw someone on here refer to it as the yin and the yang of OCD when it comes to this hobby: You have the individuals who want their expensive $250 figure to look as perfect as possible and therefore, do every single little minute mod possible, while you have the other group who are afraid to even change sculpts because they don't want to potentially ruin their expensive $250 figure. :lol

I think much of the custom work looks phenomenal.

You know what the funny thing is though? I once got into an argument with someone about "supposed" damage to a figure, when it was actually factory weathering. Lol. The figure was brand new too and unopened. I even showed him the pics of the location he described from Hot Toys' site, and he still wouldn't believe me. I ended up refunding the money back to him just so I could sell it to someone else. The guy was a newb to collecting Hot Toys though, and of course I had to be the person he wanted to buy from. What a waste of a week. [emoji23]

This a common thing in the Star Wars section, especially with the ANH Darth Vader and the Sandtrooper figures. So many people have asked if there is supposed to be weathering on Vader's mask or if one of the tusks should be black and the other silver (of course the answer to both is yes) and were under the impression that their figure was "defective". Same with the Sandtrooper. A myriad of people asking if the orange pauldron is supposed to have a faint ring in it. Again, yes. :lol

It personally doesn't bother me and have no issue informing them that their figure is fine, but at the same time it's still :slap

I would never have modded a figure but seeing what Tony and Clip did has me excited to do some light modding on my figure when it gets here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if this has been addressed already, but are the crotch hook posts (Batman, Knightmare) compatible with the Superman base?

Quite the opposite in my opinion, I cannot wait to have the Flash HT figure.
I am with you I love the flash costume I think TV show version is so cheap.

It's the aquaman costume that looks a little bland I would like to see a front view and a shot in action to get a better idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Back