1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people were expecting a movie where (SPOILERS TO FOLLOW) Batman wasn't hellbent on murdering Superman. Perhaps if they let the World's Greatest Detective have a bit more motivation for breaking his lifetime code to kill, audiences would respond in a bit more a positive tone. Conversely, if they're going to make Batman the villain, they needed to really commit to it. Dark Knight Returns worked because they were not afraid to make Superman the villain. Since we didn't have a past Batman to compare him to, the Batman presented in the film didn't seem like an extreme figure who had lost his way. So when he was beating on Superman, it was just sad and depressing, not the triumphant fun of Dark Knight Returns, or an ominous figure who had "lived long enough to become the villain." They tried to have their cake and eat it too, and if that weren't enough, the movie's narrative kept being interrupted by dream sequences that did nothing to further to plot, but merely advertised the coming Justice League movie.

I'm a huge Batman fan, and there's a problem when my favorite scenes in the movie are of Superman. (Glad the Man of Steel finally took a fight to space to spare innocents.) Although I'd rather the movie be truer to the source material, I can even accept the level of Bat-murder in line with Batman and Batman Returns. I didn't hate this film, but I didn't like much in it, either. I plan on seeing it again to see if I can find the redeeming qualities that others seem to be finding, but as of now, I find it hard to root for a film in which you can't even root for Batman.

Also, wouldn't Lex have been for effective if he'd been true to his current comic book character? The Doomsday introduction would have made a lot more sense coming from a scheming genius rather than a raving madman.

I agree with everything you said. I personally found the anti-Superman theme to drag on to the point of being tiresome. I like Cavill but perhaps he needs a new director to really shine as Superman, and this is coming from a longtime Snyder fan. For example, Superman Returns did a good job of showing Superman in a positive light as he tried to minimize the casualties in Metropolis from the Kryptonite landmass. That's exactly what I want to see with Cavill, but instead Snyder chose to show Superman just hovering over the family on the rooftop.

When the battle between the two finally starts it feels forced and unnecessary,
Spoiler Spoiler:
This Luthor was a horrible excuse for a villain... all this time I wanted the Lex from Luthor: MOS by Brian Azzarello. That's a man that sees himself as the hero, trying to protect the world from the threat he sees in Superman. Instead we were subjected to a goofball that goes on one insane ramble after another, mass murdering and scheming with no valid reason at all to hate Superman. Bringing in Doomsday and
Spoiler Spoiler:
Also, was that supposed to be
Spoiler Spoiler:

On the bright side I thought the dynamic between Alfred and Bruce was great, and Wonder Woman was pretty cool.

The film is definitely a mixed bag. I didn't really love or hate it but rather it's just sort of there. The performances are good for the most part other than Eisenberg but the film is bogged down by a poor story that has too much going on for its own good. I like Affleck as Bruce/Batman but the fact that he's a bit more carefree about killing really doesn't sit right with me. Aside from that he was overall good although not my favorite at this point (still like Bale more personally).

I may get this figure to have a representation of the Affleck Batman in my collection and I'll probably be getting Wonder Woman for sure. Already have a Man of Steel Superman and don't feel like I need the new version.

Do you honestly want me to quote everything you've said in regards to the updated proto? As par for course, you stepped in the moment the updated proto was shown and said this body wasn't ready to be revealed...as if you knew...as if HT themselves told you over PM. Where was the confidence in the post I quoted you?

I called you out on it. Don't backtrack. This is to show you, you need to stop entering threads and pretending you know everything or your line of work gives you "authority" or "better insight" on all aspects of toy production.

My suggestion? Slightly adjust your approach when discussing toys, and definitely keep that focus on the toys themselves. And for the love of all things good and dear, drop that "know it all attitude" when in reality you don't. Sound educated guesses are cool. Theories are cool. Smug attitudes, not so cool. Thinking they know everything when they really don't? The **** outta here wit dat!

You can be cool at times, but my word you can be insufferable too.

Again, would rep if I could.

It is pointless though, some guys just never stop/admit they are always wrong.

Affleck is a good Batman/Bruce Wayne in a bad movie and story in my opinion. I didn't like the movie at all and thought it was a disjointed mess, but the Batman established here has a ton of potential, both his post BvS future and past BvS selves. I want to see more of him and Irons. The back and forth between Bruce and Alfred you could feel a real sense of history and chemistry there. Batman's whole introduction with the human trafficking, the pedophile, the two cops and the weird and creepy "Jeepers Creepers" Batman reveal as well as the branding was great.

I'm looking forward to seeing Affleck return in Suicide Squad and I hope the guy gets a chance to direct/collaborate and star in his own solo Batman movie.

While I won't be buying any merchandise or collectible junk from BvS since I didn't like the movie, I may be tempted to get one Affleck related thing in the future. I'll weigh my options and see what comes out. I'm sure we'll see a 2.0 of this BvS Batman in Suicide Swuad packaging and a special gas mask that he uses in that movie. If I like Suicide Squad, maybe I'll get that Batman.

Affleck is a good Batman/Bruce Wayne in a bad movie and story in my opinion. I didn't like the movie at all and thought it was a disjointed mess, but the Batman established here has a ton of potential, both his post BvS future and past BvS selves. I want to see more of him and Irons. The back and forth between Bruce and Alfred you could feel a real sense of history and chemistry there. Batman's whole introduction with the human trafficking, the pedophile, the two cops and the weird and creepy "Jeepers Creepers" Batman reveal as well as the branding was great.

I'm looking forward to seeing Affleck return in Suicide Squad and I hope the guy gets a chance to direct/collaborate and star in his own solo Batman movie.

While I won't be buying any merchandise or collectible junk from BvS since I didn't like the movie, I may be tempted to get one Affleck related thing in the future. I'll weigh my options and see what comes out. I'm sure we'll see a 2.0 of this BvS Batman in Suicide Swuad packaging and a special gas mask that he uses in that movie. If I like Suicide Squad, maybe I'll get that Batman.

How big is his part in Suicide Squad?

Again, would rep if I could.

It is pointless though, some guys just never stop/admit they are always wrong.

I just hate bullies...in all its forms. I was bullied most through grade school and some of High school. Of course that $#!+ won't happen today now that I've realized that whole time I could've kicked all of their @$$3$...I was the gentle big kid back in the day...still am now, but with less patience haha. Even though I despised those bullies that shoved, pushed and called me names, I also despised the other kind of bully. This bully never got physical. It was always the verbal part, the attitude. EVERY grade had at least one. Y'know, that one kid when both bullies AND the BULLIED would hate? Yup, 'the-know-it-all.' 'The-know-it-all' that when a kid is in the process of getting his weekly beatdown, in the midst of it all he still manages to give him a hatred stare. That smug pr!ck of a kid that always flaunted his delusions. whether it be his over exaggerated wealth, his families connections to super duper important people, and bragged about being, but never actually showing, the first one to get that fresh new hotness I.e. Toys or games through his fathers "connections".

Bullies, in all their forms, suck. Sadly they'll never go away because there are too many ignorant idiots out there still breeding them. I'm not trying to be a hero or sideseat mod...hell its not even about trying to change anyone's views. He won't change. He will continue with his delusions and spread of false information.

Of course he will come back with how he doesn't consider himself a bully and probably feels he's the one being bullied. And perhaps be witty and suggest I see a therapist for my suppressed anger due to my history with bullies.

I'll just say this in response: whatever bruh. When your smugness rears its ugly head again... I'll call you out on it again. Simple as that.

How big is his part in Suicide Squad?

I'm thinking small. From what I've gathered, his scene in SS will be extremely brief so it won't overshadow the rest of the cast. Based on the trailers, I know of one scene where batman is apart of. Will he come back out for the finale? I hope so...but probably not. There's always the case of too much exposure. It's likely they want SS to stand on its own...as well as give fans even MORE reason to anticipate JL.

IMO his small scene is probably to tease or to satisfy fans that wanna see more of batman after his debut in BvS. That's my take on it.

Three scenes that we know of in Suicide Squad,

- Bruce Wayne with Amanda Waller
- Batman and the Batmobile chasing Joker and Harley Quinn in their lambo
- Batman in a scene where he wears a gas mask, probably against the Joker

It's a small part but Bruce Wayne, Batman and the Batmobile are in it, definitely. In fact they were filming Affleck's parts in Suicide Squad this time last year.

Three scenes that we know of in Suicide Squad,

- Bruce Wayne with Amanda Waller
- Batman and the Batmobile chasing Joker and Harley Quinn in their lambo
- Batman in a scene where he wears a gas mask, probably against the Joker

It's a small part but Bruce Wayne, Batman and the Batmobile are in it, definitely. In fact they were filming Affleck's parts in Suicide Squad this time last year.

I'm glad we'll get to see him again. :rock

I disagree, I hated the 89 Batsuit back when it came out, I would have loved something like this.
I also think that Batfleck is a lot scarier than Burton's Batman ever was.

hell no, Keaton didn't have to growl and snarl like either bale or Affleck seem to be. and I don't just hop on the bandwagon cuz somethings popular at the moment. I thought the force awakens was terrible, for instance. keaton just had the cool slick clint eastwood vibe, didn't have to do much and justbstared you down. that to me is much freakier then just all out ARRGH like the newer ones seem to be.

hell, your talking to someone who also loved kilmer, so its not about whos "scarier" or more accurate, its who you ultimately enjoyed more. kilmer for me, was the sensual, romantic batman, which I haven't seen at all from any of the other guys. I would love to see a batman again, where he is genuinely in love with someone. the older films seem to get this, since Nolan its all just slam bam beatem up.

anyway, I just don't like the new suit, it just goes to show why they didn't go with the pajama suit in the originals, it wasn't even a question back then. my only explanation is that beause of the marvel movies, you can get away with something silly like this, or even an ironman style batsuit. I mean jeez, look at batman in the duster, LOL. would that have ever happened 20 years ago? I think not.

hell no, Keaton didn't have to growl and snarl like either bale or Affleck seem to be. and I don't just hop on the bandwagon cuz somethings popular at the moment. I thought the force awakens was terrible, for instance. keaton just had the cool slick clint eastwood vibe, didn't have to do much and justbstared you down. that to me is much freakier then just all out ARRGH like the newer ones seem to be.
Keaton was also in a Tim Burton Bat universe...lmao. A campy nightmare before Christmas vibe. Lol time to take the nostalgia glasses off.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

After seeing the movie last night, my wallet is no longer worried. Not buying any of these.

The movie just dragged on and on for me and yet felt rushed at the same time. I hated The portrayal of Lex.

After seeing the movie last night, my wallet is no longer worried. Not buying any of these.

The movie just dragged on and on for me and yet felt rushed at the same time. I hated The portrayal of Lex.
I made the mistake of preordering black chrome Batman before seeing the movie, deciding whether or not I want to lose the NRD now.

I'm sure this is a forum for the hot toys figure and not a film review forum or am I confused?! By the way, the film was awesome ; )

I am excited for these figures to come out. I thought the film was fantastic and Ben Affleck played a awesome batman.

Can't stand Affleck and the movie is meh but I'll likely still get this just cause it's batman and I love batman

Easy pass on the rest of the figures in the line though

Back