1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm scratching my head over the overtly negative reaction to this movie. .

Might have something to do with the constant poor decisions, inconsistent(or non-existent) motives and/or plot holes.

Kind of like:
Spoiler Spoiler:

And this is just a handfull of the super obvious moments. Crap like this happens practically every other scene in this movie.

Might have something to do with the constant poor decisions, inconsistent(or non-existent) motives and/or plot holes.

Kind of like:
Spoiler Spoiler:

And this is just a handfull of the super obvious moments. Crap like this happens practically every other scene in this movie.

Even with all those faults it still managed to be a far superior movie to the generic, poorly made crap Marvel churns out every six months.

Perhaps the BluRay (coming July 16th) of the director's R version will fill in many of the gaps people found from this edited theatrical version. It's missing half an hour, including a whole character they cut out. There has to more, but will it be more confusion or awesome?

Perhaps the BluRay (coming July 16th) of the director's R version will fill in many of the gaps people found from this edited theatrical version. It's missing half an hour, including a whole character they cut out. There has to more, but will it be more confusion or awesome?

Half hour of Louis Lane and Clark Kent on bathtub. Rated R :lol

I'm definitely down to find out.
Right now its a pretty bad movie but one with some enjoyable qualities. Any additional material that might help justify what currently looks to be bad writing is worth checking out. I'm guessing everyone who likes this movie right now just hand-waves all the godawful plot stuff away because "Batman looks like Batman and he hits people and that's fun to watch!" so any plot fixes that extended edition has probably wont hurt their enjoyment of it.
Nothing wrong with liking a bad movie, but understanding WHY its a bad movie is probably a useful ability to have.

Right now its a pretty bad movie but one with some enjoyable qualities. Any additional material that might help justify what currently looks to be bad writing is worth checking out. I'm guessing everyone who likes this movie right now just hand-waves all the godawful plot stuff away because "Batman looks like Batman and he hits people and that's fun to watch!" so any plot fixes that extended edition has probably wont hurt their enjoyment of it.
Nothing wrong with liking a bad movie, but understanding WHY its a bad movie is probably a useful ability to have.

Wow you are such a fun guy. No offense, all movies have plotholes if you are intended to search it even masterpiece like Citizen Kane. I am pitty you because nearly all blockbuster summer movies have glaring plotholes

Kind of like:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think the movie is amazing by any means, but
Spoiler Spoiler:

There is a difference between a "plot hole" and something you just didn't understand.

Last edited:
I wonder for how long this movie will be the cause of arguments.

Those of us that don't like the movie will continue to dislike it, and vice versa. Nothing is gonna change.

I initially disliked the idea of Ben Affleck as Batman, but it's the best I've seen him in a movie. I also was not liking the thicker Batman suit, but in the movie it comes off as a very muscular Batman. Didn't like the Armored suit in the trailer, but in the movie it rocks. Seeing the movie was a turning point for me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

People may not like the movie, but you can't fault it for being poorly crafted. I liken it to some people preferring Vanilla Ice Cream, some Chocolate. Just because you don't like a particular flavor doesn't make it bad or that everyone should dislike it.

I liked this movie and that's just my taste. Nothing to argue as everyone has their likes/dislikes and that's cool.

On topic…anyone getting the Bat Signal for your Batman?

Nothing wrong with liking a bad movie
, but understanding WHY its a bad movie is probably a useful ability to have.

Every movie, I mean every movie...if you sit down and analyze, you're gonna find flaws.
The difference is, there a lot of people who would rather enjoy the movie rather than sit there afterwards and find flaws.

The precious supersmart Nolan...his answer to a batman who broke his back and actually have a bone protruding is to have someone punch it back in place. Really?!!!
Or you have less than 3 minutes for the bomb to go off to save the city...most people would be fumbling to attach that bomb and get it out ASAP...but he sat there to listen to a speech and not to mention Nolan was ok with Talia's death scene. one of the worst death scene in movie history.

Everyone acknowledges that BvS certainly has quite a few more flaws than it should. But still...theres a really good movie in there.
It's not about liking a bad movie, it's liking a very good movie, with quite a bit more flaws than it should.
Even though a lot love this movie, no one is saying its a perfect flawless movie.
But something I've said before, the pros far outweigh the cons.
A lot of us would rather sit there and enjoy the movie and have fun rather than sit there and try to find flaws.

Yes, Bat Signal is a must, go broke with style my friend!

How we discuss this film depends on the people. Some like to troll and possibly have mental health issues (which we can only hope we never suffer from). While others are sincere in wanting to discuss the film's good and bad points, as fans of the characters, depending on whether they liked it or hated it. That's healthy and makes for intersting threads.
What's annoying is when people, who have no interest in the characters or the film, repatedly come in and rant about it. I don't like many of the films and characters on the various freak forums, so I avoid those threads, and I have never once told anyone that I disliked a film/franchise etc unless it was related to the topic, like this.

Every movie, I mean every movie...if you sit down and analyze, you're gonna find flaws.
The difference is, there a lot of people who would rather enjoy the movie rather than sit there afterwards and find flaws.

The precious supersmart Nolan...his answer to a batman who broke his back and actually have a bone protruding is to have someone punch it back in place. Really?!!!
Or you have less than 3 minutes for the bomb to go off to save the city...most people would be fumbling to attach that bomb and get it out ASAP...but he sat there to listen to a speech and not to mention Nolan was ok with Talia's death scene. one of the worst death scene in movie history.

Everyone acknowledges that BvS certainly has quite a few more flaws than it should. But still...theres a really good movie in there.
It's not about liking a bad movie, it's liking a very good movie, with quite a bit more flaws than it should.
Even though a lot love this movie, no one is saying its a perfect flawless movie.
But something I've said before, the pros far outweigh the cons.
A lot of us would rather sit there and enjoy the movie and have fun rather than sit there and try to find flaws.

:exactly:

No film is perfect, just like I like to believe that nothing in general is utterly perfect. And of course, there are indeed movies that are worse than others. If you didn't like a movie, that's fine. However, if you liked it, that's perfectly fine too.

When I go into a film, I go in expecting to be entertained. I have been looking forward to this film for awhile, so I go in expecting to have fun. If you go into it ready to find flaws, I think you just ruin the movie for yourself even more than what you feel the movie ruined it for you. As opposed to letting yourself have fun and paying attention, you're wanting to find something wrong with it instead of just letting yourself get wrapped up in it.

I really don't understand some people. One of the major gripes with the Reeve films was that the villains were too weak (sans Zod) and just essentially used Lex Luthor. That they were devoid of any action and were too campy. Now, we get some Superman movies that include some pretty bad ass Superman villains and has action in spades, and these aren't good enough either? I'm to the point where thinking that with most fans, NOTHING will ever be "good enough" as far as a film goes. Instead of letting themselves enjoy it and seeing these characters essentially exist in our world, they'd rather analyze how much it deviates from the comic material.

Which is why I've stopped really considering any other review, except my own. Someone else's opinion of something, is merely that; their opinion. It's not going to have any affect on whether I do or don't like something.

For some reason, this seems to be the mentality a lot of people in general have.

55623776.jpg

:exactly:

No film is perfect, just like I like to believe that nothing in general is utterly perfect. And of course, there are indeed movies that are worse than others. If you didn't like a movie, that's fine. However, if you liked it, that's perfectly fine too.

When I go into a film, I go in expecting to be entertained. I have been looking forward to this film for awhile, so I go in expecting to have fun. If you go into it ready to find flaws, I think you just ruin the movie for yourself even more than what you feel the movie ruined it for you. As opposed to letting yourself have fun and paying attention, you're wanting to find something wrong with it instead of just letting yourself get wrapped up in it.

I really don't understand some people. One of the major gripes with the Reeve films was that the villains were too weak (sans Zod) and just essentially used Lex Luthor. That they were devoid of any action and were too campy. Now, we get some Superman movies that include some pretty bad ass Superman villains and has action in spades, and these aren't good enough either? I'm to the point where thinking that with most fans, NOTHING will ever be "good enough" as far as a film goes. Instead of letting themselves enjoy it and seeing these characters essentially exist in our world, they'd rather analyze how much it deviates from the comic material.

Which is why I've stopped really considering any other review, except my own. Someone else's opinion of something, is merely that; their opinion. It's not going to have any affect on whether I do or don't like something.

For some reason, this seems to be the mentality a lot of people in general have.

55623776.jpg

I agree with you completely 100%.
I have a hard time hanging out at the movie section cause a lot of things are negative in general.
I mean...months before this movie even came out, it was mostly negative post, and bashing trailers, or,whatever scoop they found.
I was thinking...why are you guys even hanging out in this thread when it seems all you guys do is ***** and moan about this movie that you haven't even seen. So I feel a lot of people don't even give it a chance. They already have a notion before even seeing the movie that it'll suck.

Fortunately, I'm stubborn and that if it's something I like, no amount of discussion can change my mind how I feel about a movie.
At the same token, if I actually don't like a movie, they can be blue in the face telling me why it's good and I'll still hate it. Lol.

So I do understand those who legitimately just didn't like this movie.
But I do think there are also people who never gave it a chance and determined they were already gonna hate it cause they don't like,Snyder.

I agree with you completely 100%.
I have a hard time hanging out at the movie section cause a lot of things are negative in general.
I mean...months before this movie even came out, it was mostly negative post, and bashing trailers, or,whatever scoop they found.
I was thinking...why are you guys even hanging out in this thread when it seems all you guys do is ***** and moan about this movie that you haven't even seen. So I feel a lot of people don't even give it a chance. They already have a notion before even seeing the movie that it'll suck.

Fortunately, I'm stubborn and that if it's something I like, no amount of discussion can change my mind how I feel about a movie.
At the same token, if I actually don't like a movie, they can be blue in the face telling me why it's good and I'll still hate it. Lol.

So I do understand those who legitimately just didn't like this movie.
But I do think there are also people who never gave it a chance and determined they were already gonna hate it cause they don't like,Snyder.

I also concur 100%.

I once ventured into the movie discussion area, and never went back. All it seems to be is just a bunch of people bashing whatever film they can. Very pessimistic and negative.

I'm the same way in thinking that once I like something, nobody is going to change my mind. And if I dislike something, nobody is going to change my mind either. And they shouldn't. As I've always said, all that matters is how YOU feel about it. Your opinion is no more or less valid than anyone else's, and vice versa. If I don't like or like something, I don't expect that everyone else needs to agree with me. Unfortunately for a lot of people, their mentality is that their opinion is the "right" one, and that if you disagree, you're wrong.

The same goes with collecting these figures. There's no one universal right way to do it. And just because someone else likes to do a particular something, doesn't mean you need to do the same thing to your collection based on what someone else thinks looks good; do what YOU think looks good.

Back on the thread topic of the Bats figure, I think the newly improved body looks REALLY good. I can't wait to receive him, Supes and WW. After having seen the film, I'm now contemplating picking up an Armored and Apocalypse Bats as well.

I also concur 100%.

I once ventured into the movie discussion area, and never went back. All it seems to be is just a bunch of people bashing whatever film they can. Very pessimistic and negative.

I'm the same way in thinking that once I like something, nobody is going to change my mind. And if I dislike something, nobody is going to change my mind either. And they shouldn't. As I've always said, all that matters is how YOU feel about it. Your opinion is no more or less valid than anyone else's, and vice versa. If I don't like or like something, I don't expect that everyone else needs to agree with me. Unfortunately for a lot of people, their mentality is that their opinion is the "right" one, and that if you disagree, you're wrong.

The same goes with collecting these figures. There's no one universal right way to do it. And just because someone else likes to do a particular something, doesn't mean you need to do the same thing to your collection based on what someone else thinks looks good; do what YOU think looks good.

Back on the thread topic of the Bats figure, I think the newly improved body looks REALLY good. I can't wait to receive him, Supes and WW. After having seen the film, I'm now contemplating picking up an Armored and Apocalypse Bats as well.

Exactly.
This cracked me up. :rotfl

Back