1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish that this figure came with an unmasked Affleck Wayne sculpt. Didn't love the film but the performance was good enough that I may get this figure.

"All I can say was that was an INSANE experience. I disagree with the reviews and can honestly say that this was one of the most fascinating movies I have seen in my life. And before you get all ******** and call me an apologist, I did not think this was a good movie. I think this was a terrible movie, but not in the way something like Fant4stic or Batman & Robin was terrible. This was just baffling. The reviews call it disjointed and jumbled (it was), but what they failed to communicate is that this movie truthfully felt like a fever dream. It was FASCINATING. I feel like someone gave me a synopsis, then I fell asleep and dreamt up this movie. It played more like a sequel to Eraserhead than it did Man of Steel. Superman delivered everything in monotone, characters randomly blew up without provocation. People woke up from dreams only to wake up from other dreams. Sometimes they didn't even wake up and the movie just kept going. Jesse Eisenberg's character, a Steve jobs esque celebrity billionaire, was literally visibly insane and no one in the entire world questioned it. Fant4stic plays like a movie that was ruined by sloppy narration, this feels like it was intentionally designed to be a weird surrealist arthouse interpretation of a simple comic book film. It is the most interesting thing I've seen in a movie theater in maybe my entire life.

Honestly, there is no way DC will be able to move forward with a cinematic universe after this, but I am so ****ing happy this got made. We will get another DC universe, but we will never, ever, EVER see anything else like this movie as long as we live. I cannot ****ing wait to see Suicide Squad after this. Not because I think it will be good, but I NEED to see the next step in this maniacal dance of death."

Smh. I want to see a Batfleck movie. Probably never going to happen with the critics scathing BvS.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm so confused. I read a critic say it was worse than Batman and Robin and Catwoman. I really don't understand the hatred. It wasn't perfect by any means but I still loved it and have seen it twice already. Certainly better than Age of Ultron which was seemingly loved by critics?

I'm so confused. I read a critic say it was worse than Batman and Robin and Catwoman. I really don't understand the hatred. It wasn't perfect by any means but I still loved it and have seen it twice already. Certainly better than Age of Ultron which was seemingly loved by critics?

It's a movie that has potential to be great, but is just too clogged down to reach that level in my opinion.

Age of Ultron was a good team movie that had an underwhelming villain.

Critics loved Age of Ultron? Weird. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, but to me it's pretty much a forgettable CG romp.

My favourite MCU films to date have been Hulk, Ant-Man, Guardians, and Iron Man. The rest I kind of enjoy in the moment and forget about.

Didn't hate Man of Steel but sure didn't love it; I suspect BvS will be a little more entertaining. I know it's a genre thing, but just once I'd like to see a superhero film that didn't result in mass carnage at the end. Something a little more restrained with more dramatic weight than stuff getting blown up would be nice...and probably unlikely. :lol

Yup exactly.

It's a movie that has potential to be great, but is just too clogged down to reach that level in my opinion.

Age of Ultron was a good team movie that had an underwhelming villain.

I agree and it definitely had issues and could even say they didn't care for it. I just don't understand the massive amount of hate being leveled on it.

That said I'm hoping the directors cut fleshes out some of the ideas better. I did love affleck as Batman/Wayne and think it could be a great start to a new set of Batman movies. I will definitely buy this and armored and possibly Knightmare versions.

It's really depressing how much Marvel can get away with and it still gets praised.

This movie was better than most marvel movies. I really don't understand what kind of regard people are holding this to. It's a good movie but it's still a superhero movie. I don't know what people were expecting.

I agree and it definitely had issues and could even say they didn't care for it. I just don't understand the massive amount of hate being leveled on it.

That said I'm hoping the directors cut fleshes out some of the ideas better. I did love affleck as Batman/Wayne and think it could be a great start to a new set of Batman movies. I will definitely buy this and armored and possibly Knightmare versions.

:goodpost:

Yeah, I can really see where the extra 30 minutes of the directors cut would benefit the overall narrative. It's a shame WB would never sign off on a 3 hour movie.

This movie was better than most marvel movies. I really don't understand what kind of regard people are holding this to. It's a good movie but it's still a superhero movie. I don't know what people were expecting.
Christopher Nolan type stuff. Which is over hyped regardless. TDKR was decent. TDK was fantastic due to Ledger. Batman Begins had the benefit of revitalizing the franchise.

Christopher Nolan type stuff. Which is over hyped regardless. TDKR was decent. TDK was fantastic due to Ledger. Batman Begins had the benefit of revitalizing the franchise.

TDK was the better film thanks to Ledger and Eckhart, while Bale was best as Batman in Begins. TDKR was underwhelming in every aspect.

I find most of Nolan's other films to be boring.

And those movies are great for the most part but they're the furthest from being DC/Batman movies as possible.

I was addressing his comment about the magazine article. That the article was done up awhile ago and what to expect from the article.

I also didn't say I knew they had done changes to the body, but I did address the idea that it was done in response (meaning not even started) to comments about it after it went up for order. Those are two seperate issues. But you lumped them together.

Do you honestly want me to quote everything you've said in regards to the updated proto? As par for course, you stepped in the moment the updated proto was shown and said this body wasn't ready to be revealed...as if you knew...as if HT themselves told you over PM. Where was the confidence in the post I quoted you?

I called you out on it. Don't backtrack. This is to show you, you need to stop entering threads and pretending you know everything or your line of work gives you "authority" or "better insight" on all aspects of toy production.

My suggestion? Slightly adjust your approach when discussing toys, and definitely keep that focus on the toys themselves. And for the love of all things good and dear, drop that "know it all attitude" when in reality you don't. Sound educated guesses are cool. Theories are cool. Smug attitudes, not so cool. Thinking they know everything when they really don't? The **** outta here wit dat!

You can be cool at times, but my word you can be insufferable too.

Last edited:
I think people were expecting a movie where (SPOILERS TO FOLLOW) Batman wasn't hellbent on murdering Superman. Perhaps if they let the World's Greatest Detective have a bit more motivation for breaking his lifetime code to kill, audiences would respond in a bit more a positive tone. Conversely, if they're going to make Batman the villain, they needed to really commit to it. Dark Knight Returns worked because they were not afraid to make Superman the villain. Since we didn't have a past Batman to compare him to, the Batman presented in the film didn't seem like an extreme figure who had lost his way. So when he was beating on Superman, it was just sad and depressing, not the triumphant fun of Dark Knight Returns, or an ominous figure who had "lived long enough to become the villain." They tried to have their cake and eat it too, and if that weren't enough, the movie's narrative kept being interrupted by dream sequences that did nothing to further to plot, but merely advertised the coming Justice League movie.

I'm a huge Batman fan, and there's a problem when my favorite scenes in the movie are of Superman. (Glad the Man of Steel finally took a fight to space to spare innocents.) Although I'd rather the movie be truer to the source material, I can even accept the level of Bat-murder in line with Batman and Batman Returns. I didn't hate this film, but I didn't like much in it, either. I plan on seeing it again to see if I can find the redeeming qualities that others seem to be finding, but as of now, I find it hard to root for a film in which you can't even root for Batman.

Also, wouldn't Lex have been for effective if he'd been true to his current comic book character? The Doomsday introduction would have made a lot more sense coming from a scheming genius rather than a raving madman.

Yeah, I'm extremely happy even if this is final.
But a minor change is still to give him a little more mass.
Batfleck was really jacked in the film.

But no complaints if they decide if this is it.

Back