Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my replacement from SS...it is PERFECT...just as it should be, no rubber dents, no broken ankle, no loose ankle, no broken wrist...I'm so stoked right now. They really came through...thanks Sideshow!!

Got my replacement left boot today. Glad to have my fig totally fixed up and in the condition it should have showed up in. Still surprised Sideshow didnt' have any qualms about just replacing the boot. I was scared for a while there I'd have to return the whole thing and hope I get a completely new figure that didn't have any of the myriad of problems this bad boy has.

I talked to SS mid-week last week about a replacement boot and haven't heard from anyone since. The lady I spoke too didn't ask me for any contact information...now that I think of it...I just gave her the TBXXXX number in my order email...is that sufficient?

I was going to try to get a replacement body from SS, either by trading mine for a less damaged one or seeing if I could just buy one from them, but after a few hours of sleep, and the realization that I'm going to leave the harness on, rendering the dent fairly unnoticeable, I just told them not to bother. I'm actually pretty happy with this fig now. I mean, it sucks that HT QC didn't pick up on this, but w/e. Hopefully they suffered some backlash and will learn from their mistake.

Just received my replacement from SS...it is PERFECT...just as it should be, no rubber dents, no broken ankle, no loose ankle, no broken wrist...I'm so stoked right now. They really came through...thanks Sideshow!!

Got my replacement left boot today. Glad to have my fig totally fixed up and in the condition it should have showed up in. Still surprised Sideshow didnt' have any qualms about just replacing the boot. I was scared for a while there I'd have to return the whole thing and hope I get a completely new figure that didn't have any of the myriad of problems this bad boy has.

Congrats guys! Glad you got your due. :wink1:

9038c2bc-3a01-4b17-87ec-1cbada7d8062.jpg

Nice work dude! :clap

I talked to SS mid-week last week about a replacement boot and haven't heard from anyone since. The lady I spoke too didn't ask me for any contact information...now that I think of it...I just gave her the TBXXXX number in my order email...is that sufficient?

Yup. Your order number contains all of the relevant information, such as your name and address. They have your info down.

Blarg...got the boot and knee cap issue too and emailed sideshow about it. It feels as if the ball might be too big for the socket but i can't tell...

Last edited:
I thought I rec'd a perfect figure -- turns out the right arm was fused at the socket by some dried glue -- it had snapped at the joint when I tried to moved it...

I sent a picture, of course, and I have yet to receive the email instructing me to obliterate the figure...

moving to damage report post

Last edited:
I just got my Batman Begins figure!!! After moving him around and checking for all defects that have been stated Im proud to say that I cant find any on him... I cant be too sure but I believe that Sideshow opened and checked mine before sending it out... There was gift card inside the shipper box for sideshow and no tissue paper like the normal HT figure would have which would imply that he was opened before hand...

Well, after waiting the five days for the return department to email me I called SS and was told that one of their return guys has been out sick. The lady on the phone said to give them a couple more days because they were behind. To tell the truth I'm not happy about $230 sitting in the floor instead of my shelf, it's just unacceptable. I also mentioned that when I finally do get a replacement (glued right wrist peg that broke) I didn't want problems that I presently don't have and that I wanted the figure inspected.

To be honest if I had any of the problems with my figure that have been mentioned, I would have without the slightest doubt returned it and asked for a full refund. I wouldn't be inclined, nor should i have to work it out with them to get a new figure. I believe somone had mentioned before, and I paraphrase....

"I gave them perfectly good money, so why wouldn't I expect a perfectly good figure [for $224+]."

To be honest if I had any of the problems with my figure that have been mentioned, I would have without the slightest doubt returned it and asked for a full refund. I wouldn't be inclined, nor should i have to work it out with them to get a new figure. I believe somone had mentioned before, and I paraphrase....

"I gave them perfectly good money, so why wouldn't I expect a perfectly good figure [for $224+]."

If it were only that easy. Money is simple and offers far less variables to deal with. Its only task is to exchange hands, and in this day and age it is nothing more than an electronic representation of wealth. Your figure however is a composition of many things. Everyone wants these complex and highly detailed figures but doesn't dare to believe that it comes at a cost. Pushing boundaries and deadlines all for the approval of your consumer sometimes backfires. Humans are a hard bunch to fully please.

Back