1/6 Hot toys-Black Widow Speculations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they'll definitely release Widow in both the black/gold and the white suit.

Personally, I think I could end up interested in a Yelena or Red Guardian, but I'm not sure they'll make either.

I think we will only get Black and White Widow as well.

Would be cool if they did reference IM2 in any sort of capacity and they re did IM2 Black Widow as that was her best look IMO.

I wonder what all the movie delay will mean for Hot Toys for this and other movie stuff. With there being less Marvel movies in general, people had speculated they'd lean into other properties, and now with this movie being delayed like 6 months, you would think that the figure announcements are now pushed back 6 months too.

HT will still continue to push out products, they must be digging for some other stuff, hopefully some other properties.

I wonder what all the movie delay will mean for Hot Toys for this and other movie stuff. With there being less Marvel movies in general, people had speculated they'd lean into other properties, and now with this movie being delayed like 6 months, you would think that the figure announcements are now pushed back 6 months too.

HT will still continue to push out products, they must be digging for some other stuff, hopefully some other properties.

Hopefully this means that they can fast track the Black Widow product release so it launches closer to the movie. They had to be ramping up to do reveals soon anyway.

But regardless of that I hope this simply means they dip their brush back into some older stuff, maybe game licenses, 80s stuff, and perhaps finish off the A1 Avengers line up to go with the Mk 7 and Cap.

Bumping this before it gets buried so far we never find it.

Wondering now that we've seen it if they could repurpose the EG Thor body for Red Guardian.

I think we get two Natasha Widows (white/black), RG and Taskmaster. HT loves making armored dudes. (Yelena a strong maybe. Weisz a solid no.)

Extra Credit:
Eternals. HT will wait to see what the response is before opening any POs.
That's going to be an interesting one. Lots of big name likenesses involved.

Does anyone think with the Cosbaby being revealed that we will see one of the 1/6 figures go up for preorder this week? Also is there any places that have the cosbaby for preorder in the United States?
106572736_10157322832297344_8526745410610382501_o.jpg

I thought that same thing when I saw those on my FB feed. At least I think we should be seeing photos soon.

I pray that it is Natasha at least first. But knowing Hot Toys they never reveal the female figures first. So will probably have Red Guardian revealed first for the movie figures.

I pray that it is Natasha at least first. But knowing Hot Toys they never reveal the female figures first. So will probably have Red Guardian revealed first for the movie figures.

Am pretty sure Rey was revealed first before Kylo Ren 😉

Fingers crossed for a reveal this week or next! I really do hope we get figures of everyone - two of Natasha, one for Yelena, Melina, Red Guardian, and Taskmaster, but knowing Hot Toys we'll likely only get two of Natasha unless the movie is super crazy successful. Gotta dream big though :pray:

I think we'll see five: Black/White Widows, Yelena, Red, and Taskmaster. Even Yelena in that list I think may be a stretch. I don't know that Melina would be unique enough to warrant paying for Rachel Weisz's likeness rights, barring some sort of twist in the movie.

Looking at the recent first solo character movies, there was only one figure from Captain Marvel, so far, and only one I think from the first Ant-Man and Doctor Strange, so I don?t really expect more than one or two from this one. Even Homecoming only had Spider-Mans (Edit: forgot about Iron Man).

Black Panther did have a bunch though, so there?s that.

Looking at the recent first solo character movies, there was only one figure from Captain Marvel, so far, and only one I think from the first Ant-Man and Doctor Strange, so I don?t really expect more than one or two from this one. Even Homecoming only had Spider-Mans (Edit: forgot about Iron Man).

Black Panther did have a bunch though, so there?s that.

There's a correlation here though (ignoring the villains that didn't get made like Yellow Jacket and Vulture). The main characters of the films are always being made of course, but the secondary characters that have been getting made have costumes. Like Ant Man, the second that Wasp came in in the sequel, that got made. Then BP, all those 3 figures, ignoring Shuri, are black Panther costumes. In SM, everyone with a costume, Peter and Tony, got a figure.

This isn't a massive correlation but I'm just saying that there's more opportunities to make multiple figures in this movie (from there being more costumes) compared to something like Ant Man. Black Panther proves that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a correlation here though (ignoring the villains that didn't get made like Yellow Jacket and Vulture). The main characters of the films are always being made of course, but the secondary characters that have been getting made have costumes. Like Ant Man, the second that Wasp came in in the sequel, that got made. Then BP, all those 3 figures, ignoring Shuri, are black Panther costumes. In SM, everyone with a costume, Peter and Tony, got a figure.

This isn't a massive correlation but I'm just saying that there's more opportunities to make multiple figures in this movie (from there being more costumes) compared to something like Ant Man. Black Panther proves that.

Yes and no. I see your point; but I think one of the big variables here that we still don't know is how well the movie will be received. Black Panther got 3 figures outside the lead; but one of them was essentially a variation of an existing figure.

Yellowjacket and Yon-Rogg will probably never see the light of day. Maybe they will make more if this movie receives the same critical acclaim as Black Panther; but personally at this point im not hopeful for much beyond a couple figures of Natasha in her white and black outfits.

Yes and no. I see your point; but I think one of the big variables here that we still don't know is how well the movie will be received. Black Panther got 3 figures outside the lead; but one of them was essentially a variation of an existing figure.

Yellowjacket and Yon-Rogg will probably never see the light of day. Maybe they will make more if this movie receives the same critical acclaim as Black Panther; but personally at this point im not hopeful for much beyond a couple figures of Natasha in her white and black outfits.

I know, that's why I mentioned 'ignoring the villains' since we all know Hot Toys hates them. Also wasn't considering the movie?s reception since I just assumed it would be well received like almost every other MCU movie from the past 2 phases but yeah you're right, we'll have to wait and see. I just see the potential from there being multiple costumed protagonists.

But ignoring all that I think realistically we'll get both Widows and Yelena.

I'd love to get Yelena and Red Guardian, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm actually surprised they didn't make more from Captain Marvel, it was pretty popular at the box office (compared to Ant-Man and Doctor Strange). I don't think BW will do that well but we'll see.

Kind of a shame with all the Iron Man 2 Hot Toys con exclusives this year we didn't get an updated Black Widow from that movie. Would have been cool seeing an updated version since it would tie in well with her first solo film release this year. Imagine how amazing it would have been with the modern technology they have accomplished with the recent Black Widow figures.

Back