1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Kenner as a brand continued untill later right? I remember B&R figures being made by Kenner

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

They did. Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were important movies for me as a kid, they were the first ones I was old enough to really appreciate the hype around all the marketing leading up to it. I barely remember the Batman Returns stuff but had a lot of it - coloring books, the McDonalds mugs and big cups and of course the Kenner toys.

The Kenner Batcave was something I wanted but never got, I remember it being huge! But yeah, loved Toy Biz for their Marvel stuff, but pre-McFarlane, Kenner was the best sculpted figures out there. Better likenesses on some of their figures than 1/6 stuff today - remember the Waterworld figures? Haha

Batman Forever was also probably my first really big line I got a lot of stuff for. I had that giant batcave, batmobile, batwing, Batman and Robin, Riddler, and Two-Face. Some really cool stuff when I think about it.

I miss scrolling through the Kenner catalogs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

'Scrolling'? I paged through mine. :lol (We've seriously lived too long with the internet... :rolleyes2)

I’m pretty sure I posted this in another thread, but.

Couple of years ago I saw an ad for three sealed Batcave playsets that were super cheap. At first I was skeptical but decided to take my chances and drove three hours on a weekend to pick these up,

5A347947-8FD2-4EC6-9526-FEC56EB439FA.jpg
F0423FCF-5CA9-4756-83B2-13B233D66F59.jpg

The couple selling them were legit. Nice, older hippy couple who were really polite. We met up in the parking lot, I paid them and threw those in the back of my car and drove back home. Never did anything like that before. Pretty fun.

Awesome. I will miss Kenner forever. (No pun intended. :wink1:)

I am happy for the few Forever fans out there but the only thing that could be more insulting to Batman Returns fans at this point would be if Hot Toys actually produced figures from Batman and Robin and the Batmobiles from both Schumacher movies. I can't believe these figures are being made before Batman Returns Penguin and Catwoman. Yeesh.

Yeah, I wish Hot Toys would complete the Returns line. I’ve resorted to other companies to fill my Catwoman needs. I haven’t seen a good Penguin besides NECA but that’s 1:4 scale.

I never was a Batman Forever fan but surprisingly I’m excited about these figures. Hot Toys is filling a desire I never thought I had. [emoji23]

I chalk it up to my harsh opinion of the Forever movie softening over the years and appreciating it (the good and the bad) for what it was, similar to how I view the Star Wars prequels now.

Plus, I’m impressed with how good the Batman suit turned out and the good likeness to Val Kilmer... Robin, not so much. Needs some tweaking.

I feel if we buy these batman forever and keep the vintage line alive we will maybe see them in the future [emoji25]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that’s the batcave! I had the smaller one that they used for Returns, Forever and Animated lines. But that big one was so crazy.

And yeah those little Kenner booklets were a treat. Lots of cool stuff. Remember the GIJoe Extreme figures? Typically 90s extreme stuff but really good sculpting on them.

And reused ROTJ bodies for the bucks.

I miss Kenner. All those toys were fun.

I used to work with this girl and her favorite movie is Waterworld.
And whenever she and I would get on a friendly argument...where there's lots of "oh yeah...well you did this...or you like this". etc.

The argument always ends when I say..."Oh yeah, well you like Waterworld"!
And everyone would laugh.
BAM!!! Case closed, Mic drop... Argument over! :cool:

Back