1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman Forever 1/6th scale Batman (Sonar Suit) Collectible figure

So damn frustrating.

Once they get that money from the ''Oh! New! Shiny!'' crowd they expect nothing less than that from then on. Suddenly the money that once sustained them - money that used to be good enough - from the older bread and butter licenses just isn't appealing to them anymore. So bye bye Aliens & Robots, bye bye vintage DC.

They'll at best ''chance'' the primary hero characters - so Ripley, Neo, Kilmer Batman & Robin - and heck, even now, we can't say definitively that these two figures will actually come out. It's a crap situation for fans of old properties.

Being a fan of the 1/4 line, I just want that 1/4 T-800 they teased :gah:

I've never forgiven them for that. :lol
N7GFI7m.gif

Terminator was teased back when Enterbay was doing theres and sparked the rivalry conversation again, the ship has long set sail.

Looking forward to this and Robin. Even though it makes sense to release the sonar suit since it goes better with Robin, I still wish they were releasing the panther suit instead. I think that's the definitive look from the film overall, and what I'd want to represent it. As they say, though, beggers can't be choosers. Hopefully the panther suit will come eventually if this actually releases and sells well enough.

DC Collectibles, Aliens and Robots, and things like BTTF, Matrix and John Wick are what I’d consider “Hot Toys niche miscellaneous lines” at this point. It just doesn’t feel like much effort goes into them. Even Star Wars feels like it’s starting to take a back seat to Marvel. There are SO many unreleased Hot Toys releases that have been piling up in the last couple of years.

I don't think you are being fair. From BTTF we got figures from film 1 and 2 AND we got a car. I wanted more, but I think they did pretty good. Marvel are doing very well. It feels like there are lots of new HT collectors. Would be fun to know for sure, but HT never reveals any sales figures, right?
I am on your side. It annoys me that they wont do more of the old stuff, but the new collectors want Marvel. I think Howard is like Depp in Blow. He is running out of space to put all his money.

I really like the sculpt so far on Batman, but I'm hoping they slim him down to match the movie. Currently the suit looks too "generic" - as many have mentioned, it reminds me of the BB suit. I love that suit, but this one has its own charm that's not coming through yet, IMO.
At this point, he might be a pass for me, but here's to hoping they improve him before the final reveal and/or release (assuming there ever is one).

I haven't collected Hot Toys in a very long time, but they got my attention with Scarlet Spider.. but this.. Batman Forever figures- that's got me hooked. I hope this is just the tip of the iceberg. Yeah, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are ridiculous films, but for whatever reason I loved them as a kid and I still enjoy the (admittedly ridiculous in some cases) designs. I'd be really nice to get a Val Kilmer version of Bruce Wayne, and a release of the Panther Suit. I definitely need Riddler, Two-Face, and Alfred as well.

Wow, that Robin figure is tiny. I realize that they made Kilmer look a little taller in the movie , but this is ridiculous.
Perspective of the photo makes robin looks smaller than he actually is.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This kind of stuff pisses me off because of Marvel, here we are at DC speculating a release if any and Marvel keeps milking their franchise with stupid releases like Punk spiderman, venompool, marvel merch doesn’t sell that well considering their price point is 30% more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This kind of stuff pisses me off because of Marvel, here we are at DC speculating a release if any and Marvel keeps milking their franchise with stupid releases like Punk spiderman, venompool, marvel merch doesn’t sell that well considering their price point is 30% more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice they are making prop replica's for Marvel to but nothing for DC!

Back