1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman Forever 1/6th scale Batman (Sonar Suit) Collectible figure

Well, there it is. I’ve been hoping HT would make a Kilmer (and even a Clooney) Batman since they started doing the Keaton ones. I will definitely be getting this and Robin if they are released. As others pointed out, this suit really does look like the precursor to the Begins suit, which is my favorite of the Nolan ones.

Though I doubt they’d make it, I would love the Panther suit to be made. It’s my favorite of the too by a slight margin - I mean look at that! Very impressive looking.

Something I’m reminded off whenever I see these Keaton-Clooney cowls, is just how good they looked compared to the Nolan ones. The sharp features, long ears and bull neck give them such a presence.

48381620311_697ea9338e_b.jpg

48381620346_bbe62b921b_b.jpg

I have been mostly in the Marvel section lately for obvious reasons. The reveal of the Robin figure got me back here again. The reveal of this Batman got me excited for DC again. People mention the panther suit. I would be happy with just the sonar suit since it’s the suit he wore with Robin. Also the panther suit looks similar to Keaton’s. I would like for the Batmobile to go with this pair to be made.
I have 1966 Batman and Robin, 1989 Batman, Joker, Batmobile.
I wouldn’t mind a Chase Meridian figure.😁

not kilmer but i thought you guys might be interested to see this

Great video. I got to see all the suits in person at San Diego and it was amazing how good the ‘89 and Returns suit looked. They were practically brand new.

I don’t see why a company like Hot Toys just doesn’t use scans for a lot of these sculpts.

I expect the next phase are the Speculation Threads -- will HT make:

Two-Face
Riddler
Alfred
Panther Suit
Circus Robin
Dr. Hot-bod
the guy Riddler pushed out the window
Two-Face's Angel and Devil girls
Wayne's supermodel date...

..and none of these will ever get made

Great video. I got to see all the suits in person at San Diego and it was amazing how good the ‘89 and Returns suit looked. They were practically brand new.

I don’t see why a company like Hot Toys just doesn’t use scans for a lot of these sculpts.

They were refurbished by Ironhead Studios for SDCC.

Hot Toys seems to be prejudice against most villains at the moment. No Romero Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Vulture, Mysterio, Crossbones, Yellowjacket.

That's unfortunate, I didn't realize other lines were suffering from missing villains as well.

Reminds me of the old Kenner situation - a million Batmen, almost impossible to even find a single version of the villains.

Reminds me of the old Kenner situation - a million Batmen, almost impossible to even find a single version of the villains.

Yup. The Kenner villains were so hard to find. Knockout Joker (Nicholson), the Animated Series Penguin, Riddler, Scarecrow, etc. were tough. Atleast Kenner actually produced them though.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I would think a Pfeiffer Catwoman and Jim Carrey Riddler would sell well, right? They’re pretty iconic and popular. Maybe not on the levels of Iron Man, Spider-Man or Batman, but atleast as good as Black Widow version 8 or Rocket Raccoon?

I just don’t get why they’re not giving them a chance or what the hold up has been.

Not to beat a dead horse, but that Romero Joker sculpt was beautiful. It even got as far as JC Hong previewing the paint master. Really disappointing how they don’t do more villains.

CD3F085D-FA59-4599-9019-B0FBD80D09FB.jpeg

Yup. The Kenner villains were so hard to find. Knockout Joker (Nicholson), the Animated Series Penguin, Riddler, Scarecrow, etc. were tough. Atleast Kenner actually produced them though.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I would think a Pfeiffer Catwoman and Jim Carrey Riddler would sell well, right? They’re pretty iconic and popular. Maybe not on the levels of Iron Man, Spider-Man or Batman, but atleast as good as Black Widow version 8 or Rocket Raccoon?

I just don’t get why they’re not giving them a chance or what the hold up has been.

So damn frustrating.

Once they get that money from the ''Oh! New! Shiny!'' crowd they expect nothing less than that from then on. Suddenly the money that once sustained them - money that used to be good enough - from the older bread and butter licenses just isn't appealing to them anymore. So bye bye Aliens & Robots, bye bye vintage DC.

They'll at best ''chance'' the primary hero characters - so Ripley, Neo, Kilmer Batman & Robin - and heck, even now, we can't say definitively that these two figures will actually come out. It's a crap situation for fans of old properties.

It's a shame Hot Toys doesn't do interviews anymore, just so maybe we could get an official confirmation if the BR figures & Romero Joker were cancelled. It sucks not knowing. :lol

So damn frustrating.

Once they get that money from the ''Oh! New! Shiny!'' crowd they expect nothing less than that from then on. Suddenly the money that once sustained them - money that used to be good enough - from the older bread and butter licenses just isn't appealing to them anymore. So bye bye Aliens & Robots, bye bye vintage DC.

They'll at best ''chance'' the primary hero characters - so Ripley, Neo, Kilmer Batman & Robin - and heck, even now, we can't say definitively that these two figures will actually come out. It's a crap situation for fans of old properties.

DC Collectibles, Aliens and Robots, and things like BTTF, Matrix and John Wick are what I’d consider “Hot Toys niche miscellaneous lines” at this point. It just doesn’t feel like much effort goes into them. Even Star Wars feels like it’s starting to take a back seat to Marvel. There are SO many unreleased Hot Toys releases that have been piling up in the last couple of years.

I used to think the Marvel train would slow down and then they’d have time to refocus on the unreleased figures they had planned, but it doesn’t look too promising.

F5ADC9DD-6231-451B-B21F-31CC485152B6.jpg

I just hope Batman and Robin aren’t a part of this back log. It’d be nice for them to go up for preorder in the next month or so.

It's a shame Hot Toys doesn't do interviews anymore, just so maybe we could get an official confirmation if the BR figures & Romero Joker were cancelled. It sucks not knowing. :lol

They’d just lie anyway.

Attachments

• F5ADC9DD-6231-451B-B21F-31CC485152B6.jpg
    F5ADC9DD-6231-451B-B21F-31CC485152B6.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 227
O'Donnell's face needs work, something looks off but they nailed Kilmer. I can't wait to order.

We'd never get official confirmation. For years it was "stay tuned." Then the last thing was "fans can expect to see Catwoman before Penguin." I don't even think Howard Chan and whoever was interviewing him ever even talked about the Romero Joker. You don't really think if those OSR interviews were still happening we'd get anything definitive, do you? Do you really think they'd even talk about these three at all?

Well allegedly they did say at a con this week that Cyborg is cancelled, so who knows.

Back