1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Hot Toys figures I have ordered in years, so pleased to see them finally solicited for order. Forever and the animated series were my introduction to Batman and for that reason Kilmer and O'Donnell will always be Batman and Robin to me (more so than any of the other iterations before them and especially true of Clooney too).

As a kid I always preferred TLJ's performance as Two-face over Carey's Riddler. TLJ seemed like the main villain of the movie with his connection to Robin (he also seemed more unhinged than Riddler and that made him more intimidating if that can be said of either of them). Riddler felt like a showman, loud and obnoxious but beneath the fa?ade there was not much going on (even his motivation as a villain sucked) - like Carrey he just wanted everyone to look at him.

Despite the bad rep that Forever has I still enjoy it. The story has a lot of layers and if you ignore Riddler it does touch a lot of the batman themes quite satisfactorily, with the Bruce / Batman identity crisis, Bruce still dealing with the trauma and guilt that he has over his parents death (perhaps growing beyond it) and then seeing Grayson as a second chance for redemption for himself by preventing another scared, angry orphan going down the same dark path of vengeance that he himself has flirted with all his adult life.

Has anyone seen the red book fan edit of the movie and if you have is it any good?

Kevin Smith mentioned in an interview that Warner Bros have a 2 1/2 hour director's cut of forever in their vault and this includes over half an hour of the movie that they forced Schumacher to cut because they were afraid it made the film less kid friendly. I think I'd rather see this directors cut than Ayers suicide squad redux.

That one scene where Riddler trembles his lips and rubs his eye imitating crying with that funny sound is beyond genius my favorite scene of his.

This one:

9MsuQYR.gif

I also liked how he spun his cane around

Batman pantomime.

I can't stop thinking about how awesome a HT Arnold Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze would be.

I would prefer if it were die cast also and light up led features and also came with all the Gotham diamonds that would fit in the telescope [emoji3063][emoji3063]

The diamonds, silly I know but it?s the whole plot of the movie and the game [emoji1787]

This is the one time I would wish hot toys came with audio boxes, Arnold?s one liners would put this figure over the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would prefer if it were die cast also and light up led features and also came with all the Gotham diamonds that would fit in the telescope [emoji3063][emoji3063]

The diamonds, silly I know but it?s the whole plot of the movie and the game [emoji1787]

This is the one time I would wish hot toys came with audio boxes, Arnold?s one liners would put this figure over the top

So many bad ideas in one post.

Remember when they had Schwarzenegger and Stallone in their office headquarters and they were like, ?expect more Arnold figures!!!?

We got like, one since then. Really lame.

I really do think Mr. Freeze would sell. On all the social media sites I saw gifs of Freeze and ?do Arnold next!?, so there is definitely a demand outside us guys. That figure would be so sweet with all the lights and the armor. I can just picture the paint applications on his face too.

Wouldn?t be interested in diecast and audio voice clips though. All the lights throughout the armor would be breaking the bank as it is, I?m sure.

I think an Arnold figure would only sell to a niche within a niche within a niche, and probably doesn't justify the development and production costs.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Wouldn?t be interested in diecast and audio voice clips though.

Agreed. I mean come on we can all do Arnold's voice and half the fun of owning this figure would be uttering his phrases every time we walk by the shelf. "Kill da heroes," lol.

Arnold was freaking great in this movie. He looked awesome (in full costume and even lounging in a robe with cigar) and had such a fun energy in every scene. His charisma and confidence in such an absurd production somehow allowed him to outshine the much more accomplished actors around him. He even did well for his more touching or poignant moments. Plus he freezes the entire city AND saves Alfred. He freaking kicks ass at all ends of the spectrum in this, he even gets to keep his suit in jail, lol.

Remember when they had Schwarzenegger and Stallone in their office headquarters and they were like, ?expect more Arnold figures!!!?

I really do think Mr. Freeze would sell. On all the social media sites I saw gifs of Freeze and ?do Arnold next!?, so there is definitely a demand outside us guys. That figure would be so sweet with all the lights and the armor. I can just picture the paint applications on his face too.

Wouldn?t be interested in diecast and audio voice clips though. All the lights throughout the armor would be breaking the bank as it is, I?m sure.

He had wings and a mask too, right? Those could be some good accessories, besides the gun and the large diamond.

Can anyone else hear this thread? Every time I start reading comments here, I just hear the Batman Forever theme in my mind.

To be honest he?s somewhat easy, he?s bald, painted in silver paint, the light up armor would be the main selling point.
I only want die cast because to be honest my hot toys have been breaking down and having colossal wear down in their statue poses, with that said I would be pissed if they released Mr freeze before a Penguin or catwoman

After watching B&R again holy crap is that movie insane.

When freeze freezes the dinosaur at the museum the dinosaur makes a dinosaur roar as it is falling and breaking apart :slap

B&R literally has Batman riding a Silver Surfer surfboard lol

Back