1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They said they're celebrating their 20th anniversary this year. We're in July and it's Marvel as usual so far. Every other company celebrated Empire's 40th anniversary. If i were Disney and Lucasfilm, I'd be asking what the hell is going on.

They did those Kenner style rereleases of Boba and Vader, but yeah it was a pretty lackluster showing. No Bespin Luke 2.0 or Bespin Han was surprising.

They said they're celebrating their 20th anniversary this year. We're in July and it's Marvel as usual so far. Every other company celebrated Empire's 40th anniversary. If i were Disney and Lucasfilm, I'd be asking what the hell is going on.

Ah yes, 20th anniversary - the ideal platform from which to.....continue business as usual and celebrate only the MCU. ''Hey HotToys, the MCU didn't exist until 2008. Other things made you your money in the years bef-'' ''SSSsssshhhhh!!!'' ''MCU, MCUUUuuuuu''

If Batman and Robin aren't up for preorder by the end of this summer, I'd consider it dead. Yes.

Hot Toys are a bunch of *******s. Still amazes me how they never properly announced that they even obtained the Forever license. Only reason we knew the line was a possibility was because we saw blurry reference shots of Kilmer and Chris O'Donnell promotional photos. It was complete conjecture on everyone's part. Then Robin pops up out of nowhere all by himself with no fanfare.

Remember when Hot Toys teased upcoming figures? A silhouette here, a shot of a characters arm/leg or weapon there? They don't really do any of that **** anymore. I get the recent Iron Man and Spider-Man variants, but I don't get Stan Lee and I definitely don't get Whiplash. Batman alone would sell more than those two.

What really adds salt to the wound is their ****ing cosbabies that nobody asked for. Multiple Keaton Batman variations, Joker, Mime Joker, Museum Joker, multiple Catwoman variations, TWO Penguin versions, Kilmer Batman, Robin, Two-Face and Riddler, all right out of the gate.

Can you imagine the excitement for the brand if preorders went up for 1/6 figures of Romero Joker, a Party Man Jack, Returns Catwoman, Penguin, Sonar Batman, Robin, Two-Face and Riddler instead?

They did this kind of **** all the time without a pandemic. :lol

I would buy all of the 1/6th figures you listed off but your right. We will be lucky to get the Sonar suit and the robin at this point. Really wanted that Penguin and Catwoman to go with Returns Batman. The Burton Batman figures we got were all pretty damn good.

They did those Kenner style rereleases of Boba and Vader.

Still can’t believe they did those. Especially that Vader which is idencial to the one that came out last year. Only “new” thing is the box.

Hot Toys is not Kenner/Hasbro. It’s like they ran out of Boba Fett and Darth Vader variations and said **** it, let’s do some retro boxes. Ridiculous.

Why would they bother to pay for the licence and then not make any figures? Hot Toys confuse me!

Still can?t believe they did those. Especially that Vader which is idencial to the one that came out last year. Only ?new? thing is the box.

Hot Toys is not Kenner/Hasbro. It?s like they ran out of Boba Fett and Darth Vader variations and said **** it, let?s do some retro boxes. Ridiculous.

They can't be arsed getting likeness rights for actors so they churn out endless troops and helmeted characters.

This gives me hope that I may one day get an R2-D2 at retail upon rerelease...[emoji2371] Only upside I can see here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would they bother to pay for the licence and then not make any figures? Hot Toys confuse me!

By controlling a license in 1/6 scale, they prevent their competitors from producing anything from that license in 1/6 scale. So theoretically, they pay for certain licenses even if they do not ultimately produce any figures from it. This is how Hot Toys corners the market.

Yup. That’s why Enterbay is in NBA hell and Blitzway is taking some of the least desirable licenses imaginable.
Another post on Hot Toys’ facebook I’ll never forget is when they tried to discourage anyone else from making detailed 1/6th scale figures, that it was “bad practic”, acting like they pioneered 12” figures. It was from like 2010 or something.

Also, I’m guessing they greatly overproduced that ESB Vader which is why they were so quick to slap him in a new box - probably trying to offload extra stock. I think the regular version is still available.

Yup. That’s why Enterbay is in NBA hell and Blitzway is taking some of the least desirable licenses imaginable.
Another post on Hot Toys’ facebook I’ll never forget is when they tried to discourage anyone else from making detailed 1/6th scale figures, that it was “bad practic”, acting like they pioneered 12” figures. It was from like 2010 or something.

Also, I’m guessing they greatly overproduced that ESB Vader which is why they were so quick to slap him in a new box - probably trying to offload extra stock. I think the regular version is still available.

They "re-boxed" Vader cause the aftermarket price went up and they had just produced him and saw a way to make some money + not break a sweat. I don't mind the re-releases. I just wish they would try to improve HS or give us collectors something new with the rehashes figure. I wanted the Whiplash, but it is just the same released again. A second HS would have been pretty cool. Or some trinket. Something.

Yeah, the buy all the good licences and produce nothing. I think the Cos babies were a test, to see if the franchise is still alive and if it is worth the effort to produce the figures. In a second, the new Black Widow film will be out, so they need figures ready for that. Lots and lots of figures. The Marvel people are screaming for new stuff. And to be fair, there was a good amount of DC stuff for a while: Wonder Woman 84, Harley and Batgirl. They made Deathstroke and he is one of my best figures. They take chances, they go deep into SOME lines. I just wish they would explain WHY we don't get what they tease. Other companies do. Asmus explains stuff. I understand why Hot Toys don't want to interact with their fans, but they could still explain what went wrong ...

Blitzway are dying. They did the Ghostbusters, massive success, but now they are reaching. The Zorro was lacklustre and now they are doing Hendrix. They are all over the place. Why not stay with the 80' films - Goonies, Gremlins, LadyHawke, Highlander, Willow (just on top of me head what would make interesting figures). Zorro was a decent shot at it, but they need to be better with final product.

Yup. That?s why Enterbay is in NBA hell and Blitzway is taking some of the least desirable licenses imaginable.
Another post on Hot Toys? facebook I?ll never forget is when they tried to discourage anyone else from making detailed 1/6th scale figures, that it was ?bad practic?, acting like they pioneered 12? figures. It was from like 2010 or something.

Probably in reference to third party companies having the cheek to make unofficial figures from licenses held by Hot Toys. To which we respond

Spoiler Spoiler:

Look at that new Ra'as Al Ghul figure from 'MARS TOYS'. For how many years have collectors being begging and pleading for this character from Hot Toys? Look at all the different unofficial Matrix figures in the Aliens & Robots section, at least 3 obvious companion figures for the lonely Neo that Hot Toys made. They have only themselves to blame when other parties try to get a piece of the action by fulfilling demand that they are flat out ignoring.

Last edited:
Probably in reference to third party companies having the cheek to make unofficial figures from licenses held by Hot Toys. To which we respond

Spoiler Spoiler:

Look at that new Ra'as Al Ghul figure from 'MARS TOYS'. For how many years have collectors being begging and pleading for this character from Hot Toys? Look at all the different unofficial Matrix figures in the Aliens & Robots section, at least 3 obvious companion figures for the lonely Neo that Hot Toys made. They have only themselves to blame when other parties try to get a piece of the action by fulfilling demand that they are flat out ignoring.

Yeah I'm hoping for a BB Ra's, but what's a bit puzzling to me is they made Commissioner Gordon, Officer Blake, and Alfred, but no Ra's!

Also, I'm still waiting for the 1/4 Terminator T-800 that's "coming soon". :monkey1 :lol

They "re-boxed" Vader cause the aftermarket price went up and they had just produced him and saw a way to make some money + not break a sweat. I don't mind the re-releases. I just wish they would try to improve HS or give us collectors something new with the rehashes figure. I wanted the Whiplash, but it is just the same released again. A second HS would have been pretty cool. Or some trinket. Something.

Yeah, the buy all the good licences and produce nothing. I think the Cos babies were a test, to see if the franchise is still alive and if it is worth the effort to produce the figures. In a second, the new Black Widow film will be out, so they need figures ready for that. Lots and lots of figures. The Marvel people are screaming for new stuff. And to be fair, there was a good amount of DC stuff for a while: Wonder Woman 84, Harley and Batgirl. They made Deathstroke and he is one of my best figures. They take chances, they go deep into SOME lines. I just wish they would explain WHY we don't get what they tease. Other companies do. Asmus explains stuff. I understand why Hot Toys don't want to interact with their fans, but they could still explain what went wrong ...

Blitzway are dying. They did the Ghostbusters, massive success, but now they are reaching. The Zorro was lacklustre and now they are doing Hendrix. They are all over the place. Why not stay with the 80' films - Goonies, Gremlins, LadyHawke, Highlander, Willow (just on top of me head what would make interesting figures). Zorro was a decent shot at it, but they need to be better with final product.

I think that's why they're now teaming up with Prime 1. Prime 1's head sculpts are awful, the paint work is on par with church statues, but their tailoring is phenomenal - they're working on Daenerys and Joker as far as I know and they look great.

By controlling a license in 1/6 scale, they prevent their competitors from producing anything from that license in 1/6 scale. So theoretically, they pay for certain licenses even if they do not ultimately produce any figures from it. This is how Hot Toys corners the market.

That shouldn't be allowed. Companies should have X amount of time to produce figures or forfeit the license.

The Batman franchises must be really hated in China. Than again, they made a ****load of Batmans from the latest movies. I don't understand their logic. Or lack thereof.

Nah before iron man they made a **** ton of Nolan movie merch

Back