Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

It would be something really cool if HT made the 89 batmobile. It´s not for me, as the shipping of something that big is monstrous. I live in Portugal. The batpod was a one in a lifetime experience. Just too big and expensive. I would love to see the photos of it no doubt. The tumbler is amazing. Can you imagine how cool would it would became. That car is iconic. But I would be really happy with DX versions of Keaton and Nicholson. Thats what I'm interested in.

I'd expect the first figure to ship end of summer, they're going to want to get this out of the way in 2011 before the big TDKR hype kicks in, I'd be shocked if these figures got into our hands any later than Jan/Feb 2012.

I'm proud to be an optomist :rock

My guess....by next week

I would bet by the end of summer we may see something.

not expecting any pics any time soon...but the sooner the better lol

december..2011may be if we are lucky

when do you think we will get any proto pics of 89 bats or joker?

Well, this guy says Batman will be released in 2012 for sure!!!!!!!
https://bmedicom.runboard.com/t14796,offset=30

So that gets me thinking like: who is this guy, from who did he get the intel, etc etc....................................:dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno:impatient::cuckoo::gah:

It may be sooner than we think.My theory is that they secured the rights earlier in 2010 and were just saving the announcement for the Tokyo show.

Well, this guy says Batman will be released in 2012 for sure!!!!!!!
https://bmedicom.runboard.com/t14796,offset=30

So that gets me thinking like: who is this guy, from who did he get the intel, etc etc....................................:dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno:impatient::cuckoo::gah:

I went ahead and asked where he got the information. If he is right there are a bunch of people here who got it on the money.

If this 2012 thing is true (I'm still skeptical, it's just ONE person posted that info) I predicted this on the 25th.

Bold happened days later,

12-25-2010:

I doubt we see anything other than an official announcement on their facebook wall (along with Captain America, Sucker Punch, Pirates, Metal Gear Solid and the rest of their new licenses).

From past experiences I expect the announcement on their facebook wall in a few days or next month.

As far as actual figures go, as I stated in the '78 Reeve Superman thread, I'm willing to bet we get a Batman '89 teaser in June/July with specs and pics July/August. That will be about a year from now until actual '89 product is released (about 4 months after official specs, give or take).

So I wouldn't go looking for any product pictures until this Summer and don't expect to have the figures in hand until next year.

For now I'm going to enjoy the announcement and wait patiently. We've waited for years for this so what's another year? I can wait, god knows I have enough stuff to hold me over. This is going to be great.

And mark my words, I bet we get a Batman '89 teaser in June/July with specs and pics July/August. Write this down because it WILL happen. Obviously that will be about a year until actual '89 product is released (about 4 months after official specs, give or take).

I can wait a year. Late 2011 and 2012 will be the years of Batman.

"Everything is going exactly as I have foreseen".

sw_palpatine.jpg

I still think this'll move quicker than that but I'm probably being too optimistic.

It may be sooner than we think.My theory is that they secured the rights earlier in 2010 and were just saving the announcement for the Tokyo show.

Everyone has a theory on this board and look how many of them were valid.

I still think this'll move quicker than that but I'm probably being too optimistic.

I really don't see this spilling over into 2012 much. TDKR opens 7/20 in the U.S. My guess is by April we see the first TDKR prototype, they're not going to want these figures competing with TDKR figures, they'll want to make their money in 2011 while people are waiting for TDKR stuff, and then move onto that.

While there are those who just want '89 stuff period, regardless of the hype of Nolan's films, there are also customers who are eating up everything Nolan and will snack on some Burton stuff in the meantime to satisfy their hunger until they get more of what they want, and Hot Toys knows that.

I was 14 and can remember wanting to constantly stop at Taco Bell. Not for the food but so I could get those cups that featured Batman, Joker and the Batmobile. :lol

I think I still have those in a box somewhere around here. Or maybe it was Returns. :dunno

I went ahead and asked where he got the information. If he is right there are a bunch of people here who got it on the money.

lol, I read that info HERE,
Release date for 1989 Joker is Dec 12th, 2012.

:p
and apparently it's a tongue-in-cheek remark.

Btw, I never said "for sure", Weltmaster! :wink1:

Either way, I'm sure HT will let us know in time when they'll have these bad boys ready for us.

Last edited:

I'll probably pass on Bats but would pick up a Nicholson Joker for sure.

"Love that Joker!"

lol, I read that info HERE,

and apparently it's a tongue-in-cheek remark.

Btw, I never said "for sure", Weltmaster! :wink1:

Either way, I'm sure HT will let us know in time when they'll have these bad boys ready for us.
lol the guy replied he read it on the freaks board, but since I am kinda new on here, what is the freaks board, is he refering to THIS board? :slap

if so he might be indeed refering to what you just quoted :)

omg, some people take postings on such boards waaaaay to serious to be posting such important messages all around, they should stop that guy :)

lol the guy replied he read it on the freaks board, but since I am kinda new on here, what is the freaks board, is he refering to THIS board? :slap

if so he might be indeed refering to what you just quoted :)

omg, some people take postings on such boards waaaaay to serious to be posting such important messages all around, they should stop that guy :)
:lol Can't say I fully catch your drift, but one thing is for sure: some people take collecting toys waaaaay to serious! :wink1:

I really don't see this spilling over into 2012 much. TDKR opens 7/20 in the U.S. My guess is by April we see the first TDKR prototype, they're not going to want these figures competing with TDKR figures...

:lecture: That makes a great deal of sense. HT easily has time to do a Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker this year.

It's been a while since they've some something big like the Tumbler, and the Keatonmobile is the perfect opportunity. Hopefully that's not too much to hope for before April 2012, is it?

I want a Batman Val Kilmer Hot Toys figure (the first suit). Is very cool the color, the paint, the design. Only the nipples don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back