Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

I'm proud to be an optomist :rock

My guess....by next week

That would be awesome.

I wonder whats taking so long on the Reeve's Superman, they usually have atleast a proto photo by now.

I wonder how they'll do neck articulation on the Micheal Keaton Batman? or leave it without articulation as Keaton never really turned that area.

Is it possible that there is more excitement for a Keaton Batman than a Reeve Superman? Superman was announced in August, and the thread page count over there is at 179.

Burton Batman figures were announced two weeks ago, and this thing is 100+ pages deep.

You'd have to filter each thread to on topic commentary. This thread has been discussing just about everything Batman from Burton to Schumacher to Nolan and strayed as far off as Nicole Kidman's ass.

You'd have to filter each thread to on topic commentary. This thread has been discussing just about everything Batman from Burton to Schumacher to Nolan and strayed as far off as Nicole Kidman's ass.

And rightfully so! And that was on topic, because we brought up a Chase Meridan figure and had to talk about how accurate they would sculpt her behind. :clap

i know i'm late as efff.....but i CANNOT wait =)

i know i'm late as efff.....but i CANNOT wait =)

No worries, we can start from scratch of which of the six movies is the worst and which of the two batmobiles is the best and which of the two jokers were the most sinister or which of the four batman/bruce wayne were the most bad ass.

i saw in earlier posts that people didnt like the batman forever and batman and robin hot toys idea. personally i dont like batman and robin at all and batman forever was decent and if hot toys made both i would most likely buy them lol

No worries, we can start from scratch of which of the six movies is the worst and which of the two batmobiles is the best and which of the two jokers were the most sinister or which of the four batman/bruce wayne were the most bad ass.

Oh please no, no more my head is hurting from reading all these comments. As far as the batman figure does anyone think that HT can pull the cape off with some contraption like that abomination that came with the batpod. If they can put that in between the cape and make it a sandwich. Now as far as the cape goes what materials other than rubber can they use.

Oh please no, no more my head is hurting from reading all these comments. As far as the batman figure does anyone think that HT can pull the cape off with some contraption like that abomination that came with the batpod. If they can put that in between the cape and make it a sandwich. Now as far as the cape goes what materials other than rubber can they use.

hmm good question:dunno

WAY more excited about this fig than a Superman. Some of us grew up on Burton's Batman. I don't think any of the movies that came after were terribly inspirational, but it's really hard to state just how huge Batman was in 1989. I dare say it was an even bigger deal than when Batman Begins came out in 2005.

WAY more excited about this fig than a Superman. Some of us grew up on Burton's Batman. I don't think any of the movies that came after were terribly inspirational, but it's really hard to state just how huge Batman was in 1989. I dare say it was an even bigger deal than when Batman Begins came out in 2005.

oh god yes, burton/keaton batman is truely incredible i honestly cannot wait for this line lol

I dare say it was an even bigger deal than when Batman Begins came out in 2005.

Batman was HUGE in '89. The biggest movie buzz since Jedi six years earlier. I remember how sleepy the Scifi conventions had become, and then they had a presentation for Batman and they showed the car. Mother of god that place went apeshit.

Yeah, Batman Begins was very understated in its marketing and release (deliberately so).

The hype before Batman 1989 was much more analogous to the hype before TDK.

Yeah, Batman Begins was very understated in its marketing and release (deliberately so).

yeah, good thing too since its 2 predecessors were the the exact opposite of Begins in style and (although I cant remember) they were also marketed that way.
I remembered being slapped around the face alot with Forever commercials.

But not at all with Begins, it went indeed very quiet in theatres, almost unnoticeable.
However Begins did happen to gross more than Forever and B&R :)

The marketing for Batman 89 established a template that has been followed ever since. It was a Hollywood game changer.

The actors and Tim Burton did an aggressive press junket to promote the film. for two weeks before the film dropped they were everywhere. A first.

The Bat symbol teaser poster with only a date. A first. (And every geek sought one of those out to put on their wall.) Teaser marketing is old hat now, but it hadn't been done before Batman.

There were 4 or 5 two minute trailers. A first. In a time before the internet they all played on TV.

Batman came out on home video within six months. This was the big one. Everyone thought this was crazy at the time. Average time to video was measured in years prior to Batman. WB decided to take advantage of the marketing campaign for the theatrical release and get the video sold while Batman still had buzz. And it sold big time.

Batman's marketing has been copied on every major studio release since.

The marketing for Batman 89 established a template that has been followed ever since. It was a Hollywood game changer.

The actors and Tim Burton did an aggressive press junket to promote the film. for two weeks before the film dropped they were everywhere. A first.

The Bat symbol teaser poster with only a date. A first. (And every geek sought one of those out to put on their wall.) Teaser marketing is old hat now, but it hadn't been done before Batman.

There were 4 or 5 two minute trailers. A first. In a time before the internet they all played on TV.

Batman came out on home video within six months. This was the big one. Everyone thought this was crazy at the time. Average time to video was measured in years prior to Batman. WB decided to take advantage of the marketing campaign for the theatrical release and get the video sold while Batman still had buzz. And it sold big time.

Batman's marketing has been copied on every major studio release since.

Wow did not realize all that - I was about 3.5 when it came out.

Very informative post - my respect for the movie has increased. Lol.

The hype before Batman 1989 was much more analogous to the hype before TDK.

I'd say it was even bigger than that. Batman was everywhere in those months leading up to it's release. EVERYWHERE, and this was in the pre-interent viral marketing days. It's the first movie I could remember going to see and the lines were wrapped completely around the movie theater. It was insane.

I'd say it was even bigger than that. Batman was everywhere in those months leading up to it's release. EVERYWHERE, and this was in the pre-interent viral marketing days. It's the first movie I could remember going to see and the lines were wrapped completely around the movie theater. It was insane.

Those were the good ol day's !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back