Hot Toys - Batman 1989 - Michael Keaton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman 1989 Coming

It is comical seeing all the Keaton Batman figures gone on ebay... two months ago i'd have been all over them.

I wonder why IMO they look comical...they were the only customs available, but that doesnt make em good.
So i am happy HT will make a keaton bat, who knows post-customizing might not be necessary :)

There were only a couple of Keaton customs that i've come across that were actually REALLY good, Sebs custom, and the older version done by Shawn.

I dont like it, but that is my "personal opinion" ahaha.

It still remains the best reply in any discussion, doesn't it? :)
But serious now, I really think all those custom Keaton Batmans are not good enough, for me.
They look funny and he is not meant to be funny.

I dont like it, but that is my "personal opinion" ahaha.

It still remains the best reply in any discussion, doesn't it? :)
But serious now, I really think all those custom Keaton Batmans are not good enough, for me.
They look funny and he is not meant to be funny.

Haha yea - fair enough if you don't like it, i'll be getting HT version too most likely.

But have you seen Seb's custom?

IMG_7079.jpg

IMG_7078.jpg

IMG_7074.jpg

There were pictures of a returns version too I think which looked awesome, can't find them.

hmmm, sorry the returns one if the most funny of the bunch (I saw it on ebay)

I was actually shocked! :gah:

My personal favourite 1/6 custom Keaton Batman has always been the figure by Custom Workz.... that's really nice.

Even with the Hot Toys figure coming there was one on ebay last week and it sold for over a 100 quid.

Yes I liked his version too, almost bought it before deciding i'd rather concentrate on my Nolan Batman collection

Yes I liked his version too, almost bought it before deciding i'd rather concentrate on my Nolan Batman collection

I've very nearly clicked "buy it now" a fiew times on the figure but at the last minute always thought i'd just wait in hope that Hot Toys make a Keaton figure... i'm glad i waited :)

Haha yea - fair enough if you don't like it, i'll be getting HT version too most likely.

But have you seen Seb's custom?

There were pictures of a returns version too I think which looked awesome, can't find them.

Actually those aren't my final version

Here it is

IMG_7179.jpg

Actually those aren't my final version

Here it is

IMG_7179.jpg

hmm, I must say this is indeed the best custom Keaton I have see, face-wise!
Imo a lot better than those others.

Still, I assume that a company like Hot Toys will do even much better!
Especially on the cape.
I am very cursious to see how Hot Toys will scale down the cape maintaining its look without it looking out of proportion like on all custom figures.
Cause, biggest downfall for me on the customs is the face (not this custom I must say, they did a pretty good job in capturing the face and cowl) and the cape wich looks often too bulky for the figure.

So I am very cursion how Hot Toys will improve all those things and finally give us the Ultimate Keaton Batman :)

edit: is there a gallery where I might see some more close up pictures of the face/cowl?

So I am very cursion how Hot Toys will improve all those things and finally give us the Ultimate Keaton Batman :)

They won't at least not at first. If Hot Toys history is any indication we won't get their "ultimate" until we hit DX statuses. :lol

For what I paid I've been very happy with my SS Batman... but will definitely be upgrading. I'm sure we'll get a nice seamless looking suit, a great sculpt, swappable hands and some usable accessories that will make upgrading a necessity.

But as it is I think Shawn (for all his business shortcomings) made some incredible figures.

They won't at least not at first. If Hot Toys history is any indication we won't get their "ultimate" until we hit DX statuses. :lol

Lol although I'm under the impression these are going to be DXs (Keaton and Jack) straightaway. Much like we all expect the Reeve Superman to be DX right away.

No DX logo, no DX. It was just MMS. Plus I don't think they'll DX another Batman and Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back