Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Franck DuBois is the co-owner of Hot Toys with Howard. He's French but works out of Japan. We don't hear much about him, but he's legit.

I know he's legit. He appears in many Japanese toy magazine interviews and I've been reading them.
Whenever I read them, I come to think...this guy is either a money guy or sales guy - not a toy guy, if you know what I mean.
All I'm saying is that what he says in the batman party in Japan doesn't seem to have much weight. He looks like a nice guy and all, but not sure why he is in that position. Many things he does in Japan are just weird.

I looked it up on Facebook and I did find a Batman collectors group that fits the bill as they specialize in "collectibles from 1939 to 1989, and discussions of new products based on the 1966 TV series are allowed." That being said, it's a closed group, which, again, makes it difficult to verify, unless you plan on joining it or are accepted, even.

I belong to 66batman.com and the only information posted there was by Batoys (from here) and he posted the same original information and that was his first post over there. Just seems strange to me.

[ QUOTE=BatToys;8875735]No made up stuff. All on the up and up. Check for yourself on Batman Collectors and see photos. Hot Toys Japan bought Ed's dmassive vintage Batman toy collection for their new Batman museum. It was nice of Ed to obtain answers about HT 1966 Batman figures as a favor. I for one look forward to 1966 Joker and Batgirl.[/QUOTE]

hey bat toys ,just wondering about your friend ed ,would he be ed kelly from warrington in the uk ,i ask as i know ed and know that recently put up his entire bat collection up for sale on ebay for a million quid and that a usa auction house was interested in selling it for him ,
just thought if it was his it would be cool that it all stayed together and would be displayed in this manner ,and the fact i sold him a couple of pieces years back don't hurt lol
cheers

Okay, guys - let's not discourage information just because you are wary of the source. Frequently this turns out to be accurate and by ridiculing the messenger you're making this forum less valuable by discouraging participation. Even if this information turns out to be unreliable - it may be worth discussion. I would like a link though as there is no Batman Collectors site/forum that comes up in a google search.

Franck DuBois is the co-owner of Hot Toys with Howard. He's French but works out of Japan. We don't hear much about him, but he's legit.

The gloss finish on the Batmobile makes it difficult to produce and ship. People have complained about their matte finish Batmobiles and DeLorean's getting scratched - imagine how much worse that would be with a glossy car?

that explains a LOT.
its the french, they're behind the fiascos. :lol

[ QUOTE=BatToys;8875735]No made up stuff. All on the up and up. Check for yourself on Batman Collectors and see photos. Hot Toys Japan bought Ed's dmassive vintage Batman toy collection for their new Batman museum. It was nice of Ed to obtain answers about HT 1966 Batman figures as a favor. I for one look forward to 1966 Joker and Batgirl.

hey bat toys ,just wondering about your friend ed ,would he be ed kelly from warrington in the uk ,i ask as i know ed and know that recently put up his entire bat collection up for sale on ebay for a million quid and that a usa auction house was interested in selling it for him ,
just thought if it was his it would be cool that it all stayed together and would be displayed in this manner ,and the fact i sold him a couple of pieces years back don't hurt lol
cheers[/QUOTE]

If you know Ed, can you ask him if he had any conversations with HT executives re: the 66 batmobile?

tumblr_o1qy7iQuVR1v40m9to1_500.gif

All I need to know at this point is if Ed knows how Howard takes his coffee and if he is indeed a fan of wearing double socks.

I looked it up on Facebook and I did find a Batman collectors group that fits the bill as they specialize in "collectibles from 1939 to 1989, and discussions of new products based on the 1966 TV series are allowed." That being said, it's a closed group, which, again, makes it difficult to verify, unless you plan on joining it or are accepted, even.

Yes that's the group for vintage Batman toys with the Hot Toys Japan thread. If you want to verify you'll have to join.

I doubt I'll add new Hot Toys info here that's published on Batman Collectors anymore.

I'm still not really convinced - not saying that anyone is lying, because I think everyone believes what they're saying, but it isn't an official announcement and plans can change. Still, I think it's probably easier to believe that it isn't happening and be pleasantly surprised if it does.

The cancellation confirmation sounds legit IMO.

I'm sure Howard made/kept one for HIS collection. Thanks alot buddy. Master of deception, buy the figs and we'll make the car to go with them! Even show the Batmobile with proto pics of the figures!

Shame on you, Howard.

He should at least give the license to someone with balls like Blitzway w Ecto-1. They don't tease us then pull the plug after announcing the product.

Last edited:
The cancellation confirmation sounds legit IMO.

I'm sure Howard made/kept one for HIS collection. Thanks alot buddy. Master of deception, buy the figs and we'll make the car to go with them! Even show the Batmobile with proto pics of the figures!

Shame on you, Howard.

He should at least give the license to someone with balls like Blitzway w Ecto-1. They don't tease us then pull the plug after announcing the product.

Blitzway has the stones to do an ecto 1 and that one will cost more to make. I don't buy the bull **** claim the 66 is too hard to manufacture. Ecto 1 will have more pieces to be made and more details inside the car. It will also be huge, I believe as big or bigger than the 89 batmobile. The 66 does not have many details like ecto 1 or delorean.

Give the license to blitzway then Howard if you feel it's too hard to make or not enough of a demand. The arrogance of Hot Toys is really ticking me off. Show all this crap like the tie fighter, millennium falcon, AT ST just to show "Hey look at what we can build but you will never get to buy one." Also the argument that it's not big in Japan or related to Depp, Burton, or Iron Man, so we won't make it either. North America is a big market, guess we don't matter.

Hero Cross made and RELEASED a 1:12 66 batmobile in diecast and gloss black paint for 350.00 and with Bluetooth speakers. The production issue is a bs excuse. Herocross made it diecast not plastic like Hot Toys will do. Maybe use their manufacturing plant Howard, or just slow down and stop releasing so much at once.

When I saw this, I bought the figures knowing they'd make the Batmobile..

batmanmobile_zpsadtln2o1.jpg

Blitzway has the stones to do an ecto 1 and that one will cost more to make. I don't buy the bull **** claim the 66 is too hard to manufacture. Ecto 1 will have more pieces to be made and more details inside the car. It will also be huge, I believe as big or bigger than the 89 batmobile. The 66 does not have many details like ecto 1 or delorean.

Give the license to blitzway then Howard if you feel it's too hard to make or not enough of a demand. The arrogance of Hot Toys is really ticking me off. Show all this crap like the tie fighter, millennium falcon, AT ST just to show "Hey look at what we can build but you will never get to buy one." Also the argument that it's not big in Japan or related to Depp, Burton, or Iron Man, so we won't make it either. North America is a big market, guess we don't matter.

Hero Cross made and RELEASED a 1:12 66 batmobile in diecast and gloss black paint for 350.00 and with Bluetooth speakers. The production issue is a bs excuse. Herocross made it diecast not plastic like Hot Toys will do. Maybe use their manufacturing plant Howard, or just slow down and stop releasing so much at once.

I have to agree with afattori. I wish HT would just come out and say its cancelled, if that's the case.

No regrets in getting the Dynamic Duo, and will get the Romero Joker (and any other figure made from this line), but I'll have to rely on my Herocross 66 Batmobile to fill the void left by this possible cancellation. Big time let down if cancelled.

Back