Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno why any of this is a surprise to be honest. Its 4 years since we seen anything of note about the 66 batmobile. Hearsay or no hearsay it just ain't gonna happen at this point.

Most said the the line was dead and now we see Romero Joker after 4 years. So it's not definite we will not see the batmobile. Romero came out of no where. So we can agree to disagree.

Actually we've had confirmation from another member that the number one Batman collector, Ed Kelly, did speak with Franck of Hot Toys who said the Batmobile would not be produced, but Batgirl and Catwoman were likely. Considering the Romero reveal, I find this information credible.

Isn't that just this all over again???

Again, batmobile not being made because batman and Robin did not sell well. Since they did not sell well we decided to instead release Joker and possibly batgirl and catwoman. That makes zero sense to me. I understand a car cost more than figures to make, but you can't have the argument of poor sales for one and not the other. I also know the loss of money is greater with the car than a figure. But again, a loss is a loss so if not enough demand why even make the figures? If this is just another way to guage interest in the car you guys better buy them is all I have to say.

Well, I was one of the fools that bought Batman and Robin at full price, so I'm sure I'll buy anything else they decide to release in this line. At full price. Like a fool.

Well, I was one of the fools that bought Batman and Robin at full price, so I'm sure I'll buy anything else they decide to release in this line. At full price. Like a fool.

Now a days buying any figure at full price makes you fool. If hot toys would have committed to the line from the start, sales would have been much better. They released Nicholson Joker with Keaton bats, if they didn't would Keaton sales been as good? Don't feel like a fool, I don't.

I'll wait another 3-4 years if they do make the 66' Batmobile. Here's hoping the Joker and possible other classic Batman figures get enough hype to get a PO on the 66'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So let me get this straight, the Delorean was made but the Batmobile isn't due to low demand?

Nobody is going to convince me that the Delorean is/was more fan demanded than the 66 Batmobile.

laughable.

Actually we've had confirmation from another member that the number one Batman collector, Ed Kelly, did speak with Franck of Hot Toys who said the Batmobile would not be produced, but Batgirl and Catwoman were likely. Considering the Romero reveal, I find this information credible.

Dave, Ed clarified the 1966 Batgirl is definitely for 2017. The Julie Newmar Catwoman is under consideration. He also said Hot Toys is planning to publish a book about 1960s American and Japanese Batman toys but he couldn't go into more details. I'm only reporting what Ed has publicly written and not what's he's asked me to keep under my hat. I will say 2017 will be a great year for Hot Toys fans! I will buy the Romero Joker, Craig Batgirl, and the vintage Batman toy book.

Again presumed arrogance of hot Toys because they just can't officially confirm if it's cancelled or not. Must be nice to be an iron man fan and get tons of different armors and us 66 batman fans can't get one vehicle that IS iconic and loved here in the United States.

BatToys, can you talk some screen shots of the Facebook posting. No one has been able to substantiate what you're stating. What you're saying may be true but with you not being able to produce a link and no other Facebooker being able to join the group, there's no way to know if it's confirmed or not.

With the way things are going around here, it's best to trust...but verify.

Sideshow, please remove the 66 Batmobile from your site!!!! Getting frustrating to constantly see this in the coming soon area, If there's a strong possibility of this being cancelled, remove it! People don't need to be teased by this any longer! When Hot Toys decides to actually make it, put it back up. Until then, take it down!

BatToys, can you talk some screen shots of the Facebook posting. No one has been able to substantiate what you're stating. What you're saying may be true but with you not being able to produce a link and no other Facebooker being able to join the group, there's no way to know if it's confirmed or not.

With the way things are going around here, it's best to trust...but verify.

You already have a link that everyone knows. Facebook.com. Type Batman Collectors and join. It's easy.

Sideshow, please remove the 66 Batmobile from your site!!!! Getting frustrating to constantly see this in the coming soon area, If there's a strong possibility of this being cancelled, remove it! People don't need to be teased by this any longer! When Hot Toys decides to actually make it, put it back up. Until then, take it down!

Maybe it should stay there, as a reminder about Hot Toys' willingness to get people's hopes up for nothing.

Maybe it should stay there, as a reminder about Hot Toys' willingness to get people's hopes up for nothing.

Hot Toys didn't get anyone's hopes up for nothing. It just didn't work out. Royalties for the '66 Batmobile are double the rate.

no dog in this fight at all ,but if anyones just curious about the "man who sold his toys to hot toys "lol
heres eds website showing his impressive vintage collection ,some of which was sold to hot toys and is seen in their video of their batman event ,
https://batmantoys.com/main.html
i understand he did travel to the opening of the event ,and ive known him from the toy fair circuit for over 25 years , hes as genuine and as nice a guy that you can meet and i can honestly say with 99% certainty ,that hes not the type of guy to make stuff up just to piss off a bunch of guys on here ,a website hes probably unaware of :),

Back