Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with afattori. I wish HT would just come out and say its cancelled, if that's the case.

No regrets in getting the Dynamic Duo, and will get the Romero Joker (and any other figure made from this line), but I'll have to rely on my Herocross 66 Batmobile to fill the void left by this possible cancellation. Big time let down if cancelled.

Herocross for their 66 batmobile and blitzway for ghostbusters and ecto 1 will get the bulk of my money next year plus Sideshow for a few premium formats. This will be a huge letdown if cancelled, even with Romero Joker release. That will be a huge void in my collection. I picked up Mattel 1:50 scale 66 batmobile today, and this car just looks plain freaking awesome, even at a small scale. I also have the 19" Mattel batmobile, but still will not compare to a 1:6 version.

Yeah. Frustrating to see all the other manufacturers produce decent smaller scale renderings of this. HT can do it, and better, based on just some of their prior vehicle builds. Guess its just hard to believe we as collectors, have come so close to having the coolest toy 66 Batmobile imaginable within reach, have it dangled in front of our noses like a carrot, then have it just 'disappear'.

Yeah. Frustrating to see all the other manufacturers produce decent smaller scale renderings of this. HT can do it, and better, based on just some of their prior vehicle builds. Guess its just hard to believe we as collectors, have come so close to having the coolest toy 66 Batmobile imaginable within reach, have it dangled in front of our noses like a carrot, then have it just 'disappear'.

It really pisses me off that they just won't give us an official announcement. We collectors made hot toys what it is by buying their products over and over again. Sucks that loyalty and respect do not go both ways apparently. Loyalty to themselves and the money we pay them only.

And BatToys still hasn't provided a link. So there's no way of finding it to join, and therefore verify.

Using the search terms Batman Collectors Facebook doesn't bring it up, but "Batman Collectors" Facebook brings up a Spanish page, but it's not a closed group.

Another one just came up using the same search terms, but the content isn't available:

Batman Collectors - Timeline | Facebook

www.facebook.com › Places › Port Jefferson Station, New York › Shopping & Retail

https://www.facebook.com/5698473165...207520000.1466423999./569859609843650/?type=3

Has a very familiar ring to it, doesn't it? Meaning different poster, same result when asked....

Exactly.

When members are evasive about the source of their news it gives rise to issues that could simply be avoided.

I have a degree in History and English Literature, so it's drummed into my head that you can't state 'facts' or 'probabilities' without supplying some form of evidence to back it up.

Pretty sure Donald Trump would disagree with that :lol

Think Hot Toys are taking the wrong turn with the 1/6 1966 Batmobile...BUT...also taking in consideration the following, I am pretty sure they are using as a gage/sales of other companys who are offering the Batmobile in several scales and versions, model kits, 1/12 scale etc. When the 1/25 1966 model kit Batmobile was made a reality after decades of modelers screaming for it, most belived that the sales records of the model would be in the amazing sales of the Dukes of Hazard Charger and in a smaller scale even the Knight Rider kit, it DID NOT happen, sales where good...but not great...and lets consider that those models kits of the Batmobile came in at least tree levels of detail,finish and "extras". The 1/12 plastic version is available, and on sale on most places, my local Toys r Us had the last five on sale for $29.00..and took some time to move them, these "sales" numbers I belive is what is holding Hot Toys back, the Batmobile probably will be in the $600/700 range using the Delorean as a parting point, then the glass gloss black finish and the pinstripe work which will need to be flawless...remember the 1989 Batmobile and its finish issues?..and that was not a gloss finish BUT...a particular semigloss/satin finish. Think this two things are holding the production of this model by Hot Toys, the production costs, specialy the finish "paint work" and having a PR pain in the communitys and reviews that could hurt even more sales, again in the eyes and market analisys by Hot Toys, The option of doing a gloss black polished plastic Batmobile (no paint) is a posibility...but even that option have a LOT of problems, even more in a large scale model, so probably that could be out to.

I know that Japanese companys look FIRST to their countrys modelers/collectors/enthusiasts desires,choices and likes before anything else in every field you can imagine, just look at their offerings from every single model/hobby company in Japan and you will see what I mean. I perfectly understand that and also show their loyalty to their market first and then the rest of us.

If Matell can put decent pinstripes on their 66 batmobiles, there is no reason hot toys can't. I bought their 1:50 batmobile and it looks great! Sorry, I refuse to believe hot toys can't. Funny good sales is considered bad.

At a price range of 600 to 700 dollars, I would have bought this easily. The shipping cost is what usually worries me. Ah well, what could have been.... but at least I'll get more 1966 characters.

If Matell can put decent pinstripes on their 66 batmobiles, there is no reason hot toys can't. I bought their 1:50 batmobile and it looks great! Sorry, I refuse to believe hot toys can't. Funny good sales is considered bad.

Actualy, doing a die cast car model is a compleatly different production process, including the paint work and pinstripes, which I think are done by the "tempo/timpo" system...sorry if I got the technical word wrong...this is a much sharper way to "print" designs/sponsor names and logos than hand applied decals or template masking and painting. In Japan, the die cast did not sell very well...but you know what did?...the 1/18 BTTF Deloreans, thats why we got that one first.

Doing a big scale plastic gloss black body without imperfections and moving panels is a whole new ballgame, the usual problems are distortions and other assosiated problems that have to be taken care very carefuly in the preproduction stage to secure a very good product in the end, that means a lot of test and fit of molds and the interaction with moving panels like doors,hood or anything else.

I think Hot Toys tested the waters and wanted to carve in stone a position in the world of 1/6 and its ever increasing costs and final price for the consumer, look at what every new average figure is costing these days, over $200, Hot Toys surprice everyone when it began realesing 1/6 detailed machines like the 1989 Batmobile, DK Thumbler,the Delorean, etc...and even more when they setup those amazing Star Wars displays...but...like Icarus...sometimes flying to close to the sun can burn you, think Hot Toys felt that burn when EVERYONE expected that every prototype they show, will be produced, when in reality it only thrue purpuse was to be only that, a prototype/showpiece.

Unlike Mattel, which will have a huge output of its products and the price range is very different, Hot Toys will produce a specific amount and that will be it, also because as said before, the added shipping cost is something to be considered on how can affect final profit price.

Exactly.

When members are evasive about the source of their news it gives rise to issues that could simply be avoided.

I have a degree in History (and English Literature), so it's drummed into my head that you can't state 'facts' or 'probabilities' without supplying some form of evidence to back it up.

Unless.......awww, nevermind, lol...

Pretty sure Donald Trump would disagree with that :lol

We already have our own version of that who would disagree with Kuat's statement :lol

Walls and more walls of text with no real info on the car.

See what some BS creates?

Actually we've had confirmation from another member that the number one Batman collector, Ed Kelly, did speak with Franck of Hot Toys who said the Batmobile would not be produced, but Batgirl and Catwoman were likely. Considering the Romero reveal, I find this information credible.

I'd prefer figures to the car, so if we're really getting Batgirl and Catwoman that's even better news.

I would prefer to have the batmobile to be honest. Hot Toys made the tumbler and that was not an easy piece to manufacture. I still don't buy it's too hard to make crap. Just say it's because we don't think it will sell. How about offering a preorder then bundled with Romero Joker to see how well or not well it will sell? I have learned, NEVER assume what someone feels or thinks. They thought Tonto would sell well lol.

If given a choice, I'd pick the car and be done rather than continuing the figure line... even though the Joker looks fantastic.

Actually we've had confirmation from another member that the number one Batman collector, Ed Kelly, did speak with Franck of Hot Toys who said the Batmobile would not be produced, but Batgirl and Catwoman were likely. Considering the Romero reveal, I find this information credible.

Dave, Do you think it's possible going forward, that anyone who has "insider info", should post a link or have some kind of legit confirmation when they do post vs just saying that they know something? That way it hopefully could eliminate the headaches on both sides of the coin, etc. Thanks.

I dunno why any of this is a surprise to be honest. Its 4 years since we seen anything of note about the 66 batmobile. Hearsay or no hearsay it just ain't gonna happen at this point.

I dunno why any of this is a surprise to be honest. Its 4 years since we seen anything of note about the 66 batmobile. Hearsay or no hearsay it just ain't gonna happen at this point.

Well, Romero Joker was a surprise. Can you really blame us for being optimistic?

Back