Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No made up stuff. All on the up and up. Check for yourself on Batman Collectors and see photos. Hot Toys Japan bought Ed's massive vintage Batman toy collection for their new Batman museum. It was nice of Ed to obtain answers about HT 1966 Batman figures as a favor. I for one look forward to 1966 Joker and Batgirl.

No made up stuff. All on the up and up. Check for yourself on Batman Collectors and see photos. Hot Toys Japan bought Ed's massive vintage Batman toy collection for their new Batman museum. It was nice of Ed to obtain answers about HT 1966 Batman figures as a favor. I for one look forward to 1966 Joker and Batgirl.

Which batman collectors website?

I cant see how they would cancel due to low demand yet carry on with the line with catwoman, joker...

If there was no demand for the batmobile, why on earth would they bother bringing anything out 66 related ?

If we see more 66 figures, im pretty sure the batmobile will follow.

I cant see how they would cancel due to low demand yet carry on with the line with catwoman, joker...

If there was no demand for the batmobile, why on earth would they bother bringing anything out 66 related ?

If we see more 66 figures, im pretty sure the batmobile will follow.

I said this a few post back. Makes no sense to make figures if they think their is not enough demand for the 66 batmobile.

I said this a few post back. Makes no sense to make figures if they think their is not enough demand for the 66 batmobile.

To be honest, I did start to lose faith as to weather we would see the batmobile.
Now Cesar joker has popped up, I think there is a very high chance this will release.

To be honest, I did start to lose faith as to weather we would see the batmobile.
Now Cesar joker has popped up, I think there is a very high chance this will release.

Why show 66 batmobile again with West blue variant and then Romero Joker getting released. Don't tell me difficulty in production and cost plus low demand crap. Delorean is a more difficult build with all the details in it. 66 is not that detailed.

Okay, guys - let's not discourage information just because you are wary of the source. Frequently this turns out to be accurate and by ridiculing the messenger you're making this forum less valuable by discouraging participation. Even if this information turns out to be unreliable - it may be worth discussion. I would like a link though as there is no Batman Collectors site/forum that comes up in a google search.

Franck DuBois is the co-owner of Hot Toys with Howard. He's French but works out of Japan. We don't hear much about him, but he's legit.

Why show 66 batmobile again with West blue variant and then Romero Joker getting released. Don't tell me difficulty in production and cost plus low demand crap. Delorean is a more difficult build with all the details in it. 66 is not that detailed.

The gloss finish on the Batmobile makes it difficult to produce and ship. People have complained about their matte finish Batmobiles and DeLorean's getting scratched - imagine how much worse that would be with a glossy car?

Okay, guys - let's not discourage information just because you are wary of the source. Frequently this turns out to be accurate and by ridiculing the messenger you're making this forum less valuable by discouraging participation. Even if this information turns out to be unreliable - it may be worth discussion. I would like a link though as there is no Batman Collectors site/forum that comes up in a google search.

Franck DuBois is the co-owner of Hot Toys with Howard. He's French but works out of Japan. We don't hear much about him, but he's legit.

The gloss finish on the Batmobile makes it difficult to produce and ship. People have complained about their matte finish Batmobiles and DeLorean's getting scratched - imagine how much worse that would be with a glossy car?

All hot toys needs to do is put a protective wrap around it like they did with the 89 batmobile. I received it without any scratches. They did this after their first shipments did not have the plastic wrap and only had the shell over it. It is not impossible to avoid scratches. Just a little better care in handling.

Mattel has had no problem with their 1:18 66 batmobile. I understand 1:6 is larger, but I feel this excuse is a cop out. I would rather have it with some scratches than not have it all. Why can't we get an official announcement from Hot Toys once and for all? I think it's pretty crappy that we have been in the dark since 2012. Did the scratches keep people from buying the delorean? Collectors wanted it and bought it. As many will buy the 66 batmobile.

I think hot toys owes us an official announcement once and for all so we can move on. Many I am sure like me are saving reward points or saving space in their collection for this. I for one want to know.

Yeah im not discrediting the info , just seems a little odd given HT still have plans for the line especially if one of the reasons is they think it wont sell. I too would like to see a link regarding this.

I agree, the delorean with way more detail and an impressive paint app mostly shipped fine. The Bat is a super complicated piece with many breakable parts shipped fine and was superbly packaged . Im pretty sure this would ship ok especially wrapped.

I just want this thing so bad.

I'd rather get information from someone that can link to the source. There are people on this forum that love to pretend they have inside information and are constantly revealed to be liars. More often than not, someone falsifying information causes issues on this forum--whether it's claiming they know what figure is coming out next, what pieces are definitely in development, stealing pictures from other sites as their own, etc. How valuable is the forum if know one knows who to trust and what information is actually valid?

I'd rather get information from someone that can link to the source. There are people on this forum that love to pretend they have inside information and are constantly revealed to be liars. More often than not, someone falsifying information causes issues on this forum--whether it's claiming they know what figure is coming out next, what pieces are definitely in development, stealing pictures from other sites as their own, etc. How valuable is the forum if know one knows who to trust and what information is actually valid?

Absolutely this. This is all I have ever asked was just a legit source link. This would potentially put to rest any doubt AND make those who claim "insider Info" produce a link, backing up their claim. It shouldn't be that hard if you have legit info (producing a link), and It would eliminate a lot of headaches on both sides. There is so much doubt here now, that doing that (providing a link, etc.) would be a tremendous boost to this forum for its current members AND future ones.

Last edited:
All hot toys needs to do is put a protective wrap around it like they did with the 89 batmobile. I received it without any scratches. They did this after their first shipments did not have the plastic wrap and only had the shell over it. It is not impossible to avoid scratches. Just a little better care in handling.

Mattel has had no problem with their 1:18 66 batmobile. I understand 1:6 is larger, but I feel this excuse is a cop out. I would rather have it with some scratches than not have it all. Why can't we get an official announcement from Hot Toys once and for all? I think it's pretty crappy that we have been in the dark since 2012. Did the scratches keep people from buying the delorean? Collectors wanted it and bought it. As many will buy the 66 batmobile.

I think hot toys owes us an official announcement once and for all so we can move on. Many I am sure like me are saving reward points or saving space in their collection for this. I for one want to know.

Mattel has a whole other set of issues, not the least of which is a bad paint job, which is much considering its basically the trim which is sloppily applied. The plastic used is not prone to scratching the way a matte finish on a harder plastic is. But you are right, overall the Mattel Batmobile has been received in a reasonably acceptable condition.

Absolutely this. This is all I have ever asked was just a legit source link. This would potentially put to rest any doubt AND make those who claim "insider Info" produce a link, backing up their claim. It shouldn't be that hard if you have legit info (producing a link), and It would eliminate a lot of headaches on both sides. There is so much doubt here now, that doing that (providing a link, etc.) would be a tremendous boost to this forum for its current members AND future ones.

Exactly. Until we have an official statement, I hold any information as just speculative or false.

Last edited:
Mattel has a whole other set of issues, not the least of which is a bad paint job, which is much considering its basically the trim which is sloppily applied. The plastic used is not prone to scratching the way a matte finish on a harder plastic is. But you are right, overall the Mattel Batmobile has been received in a reasonably acceptable condition.

Yes Mattel issues were self inflicted with bad paint application vs shipping issues causing paint issues. That's QC issues. I don't care if batmobile ships in gloss or matte finish like the 89 batmobile did. Just finally release it or tell us it is cancelled. That's not much to ask for since we have made hit toys what it is, the consumers make a company a success in the long run. I myself has spent thousands of dollars and continue to buy their products even with the skyrocketing prices. There is a demand for the 66 batmobile, Mattel has released many incarnations of it.

Look everyone, the 1966 Batmobile would be an awesome piece to have in a collection for sure, but move on people! I doubt Hot Toys is trying to play a trick on you. Until there is an actual PRE-ORDER, just assume it's not going to be made. IMO that's the best way to look at this. I know it's heartbreaking, but save yourselves the stress and frustration please! In the meantime, maybe everyone should write to Hot Toys, with enough requests through letters, they may consider. It's better than speculation and getting frustrated with each other. Just a productive suggestion.

Okay, guys - let's not discourage information just because you are wary of the source. Frequently this turns out to be accurate and by ridiculing the messenger you're making this forum less valuable by discouraging participation. I would like a link though as there is no Batman Collectors site/forum that comes up in a google search.

Hi Darklord Dave, Batman Collectors is a Facebook group. The Hot Toys thread there is really interesting with lots of photos. And thanks for the support.

Look everyone, the 1966 Batmobile would be an awesome piece to have in a collection for sure, but move on people! I doubt Hot Toys is trying to play a trick on you. Until there is an actual PRE-ORDER, just assume it's not going to be made. IMO that's the best way to look at this. I know it's heartbreaking, but save yourselves the stress and frustration please! In the meantime, maybe everyone should write to Hot Toys, with enough requests through letters, they may consider. It's better than speculation and getting frustrated with each other. Just a productive suggestion.

Well I chose to assume it will be made and choose not to move on until we get an actual no or yes.. At this point neither one of is is wrong. Cup half full or half empty view point.

I think from past interviews with Chan, he hasn't been shy about his concerns about the production cost and the size. Getting Newmar and Craig with Joker close to finalization is very surprising but welcome news for me. That leaves only the Riddler and Penguin to be produced.
I think producing the figures in this line is a way to test and gauge the marketability of the line, not only here, but world-wide; with a minimal potential for loss. If the figures generate interest and profit, then the possibility of producing the car at a later date may be better.

Back