Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SSC has the BvS Batmobile on their coming soon page so they must have been told something buy HT that it was in the works. Because you definitely don't see the Tie Interceptor on the coming soon page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSC has the BvS Batmobile on their coming soon page so they must have been told something buy HT that it was in the works. Because you definitely don't see the Tie Interceptor on the coming soon page.

That's been on the coming soon page for years now . Has it not ?

I'd expect to see yet another 15 IM variants before the 66 batmobile.

Hopefully the hype of the classic Joker will help fuel the fire on releasing the 66' Batmobile.

Wonder if we should all do a troll campaign where every time HT post a new announcement on their FB page we post pictures of the 66' Batmobile, like that one crazy guy did with post pictures of Drax.

Hopefully the hype of the classic Joker will help fuel the fire on releasing the 66' Batmobile.

Wonder if we should all do a troll campaign where every time HT post a new announcement on their FB page we post pictures of the 66' Batmobile, like that one crazy guy did with post pictures of Drax.

I really hope it does. While I have no interest on any 66 figures, that car NEEDS to be in my (small) collection. I'm willing to believe that many, many collectors think the same way, as this specific line (while great) does not have the same following as the newer iterations of the Batman. But the car is beautiful, and classic.

I still think there is more of a chance of them releasing the 66 batmobile then not. What makes me believe that is the Romero Joker release.

And Ripley with new Power Loader, the Falcon cockpit, the Tie Fighter along with several other Star Wars items shown this year that haven't been solicited...where's Han Stormtrooper? Where's FN-2187??? Where's the Mark 7 opened armor? Where's the BvS bat signal? Where's the Nolan Ras and TDKR armory?

I know they have limited resources, but why show this sh/t if they don't plan to offer it. We're at the pinnacle of nerd pop culture so we'll see more and more movies with more and more merch tie-in...the backlog will just get longer.

But Romero Joker hasn't been released :huh

It's a prototype, just like the car was 2+ years ago.

Joker said pending licensee approval. So it is coming out. If you don't think it is, that's your prerogative. Light blue bats says prototype. Most figures shown by hot toys has been released. Yellow jacket and professor X has not, but that had limited appeal. Unlike Romero Joker and also 66 batmobile, which has way more appeal. They are iconic and has fans for decades. Read the post on this thread, many will buy Romero to have all screen Jokers represented in their collection. And many will buy 66 batmobile, it attracts comic and car fans.

When/where did they confirm they wouldn't be releasing the BvS Batmobile?

Posted from the bvs batmobile thread.
Quote Originally Posted by JEDSTER

Howard the HT CEO was at SDCC.... I spoke to him in regards to the release and PO for this Batmobile.

He told me that he is still unsure if they are going to release this or not due to cost of producing it and the size of the car.

Kinda disappointed to hear his respond that he is unsure as I am all in for this Batmobile.

Professor X not being released would probably be an issue with Fox and Marvel/Disney not playing nice. Although they were able to work out deals for wolverine and Deadpool. I wouldn't hold my breath for any other Fox X-Men figures being approved by Disney.

As for yellow jacket, I think the hype on it speaks for itself.

Most figures shown by Hot Toys at SDCC say "pending licensee approval"...means nothing.

Look, you're preaching to the choir. I want the car, Romero and anything else they release for the '66 line. This is GRAIL territory for me. I'll buy Egghead, Bookworm, Shane, MadHatter, Comm. Gordon, Cheif O'hara, Batgirl, the Batcycle, Batgirl's Batcycle, all 3 Catwomen, both Riddlers, all the Mr. Freezes, a crap ton of Goons, the Batcopter, the Shark, Barbara Gordon, Bruce Wayne, **** Grayson, Alfred, Aunt Harriet...shall I continue???

My point is I want this too but everything that's being pointed out is anecdotal evidence at best. We still don't have any firm confirmation that this will surface. I was hoping...praying:pray: the PO would show up today. Instead we got Dr. Strange. And while that figure looks great, I was hoping for something '66. After all, it is "Batman Day"...:huh

Most figures shown by Hot Toys at SDCC say "pending licensee approval"...means nothing.

Look, you're preaching to the choir. I want the car, Romero and anything else they release for the '66 line. This is GRAIL territory for me. I'll buy Egghead, Bookworm, Shane, MadHatter, Comm. Gordon, Cheif O'hara, Batgirl, the Batcycle, Batgirl's Batcycle, all 3 Catwomen, both Riddlers, all the Mr. Freezes, a crap ton of Goons, the Batcopter, the Shark, Barbara Gordon, Bruce Wayne, **** Grayson, Alfred, Aunt Harriet...shall I continue???
Count me in for all of the above!

Has any asked Howard if the 66 batmobile will be released already? No sense debating are arguing with each other. We are all fans and want to see the 66 line get released already or tell us they will not. 66 is my grail! Did not mean to offend anyone, if I did I apologize. Its just so damn frustrating waiting since Sdcc 2012 if the batmobile is coming or not. And now they show us Romero! That's like going to a strip club, look, don't touch , and you won't get it.

Finaly i realise that we were very lucky that the 89 came out.
In 2011 when it was introduced, we were in Nolan hype and Batman 89 had more than 20 years.
HT used to take more risks than today.
The difference is maybe the fact that they launched the batmobile and the joker in the same time without asking questions.
Maybe the fact that the Nicholson joker sold not as good as they thought and all the QC problems with the batmobile changed their plans...
:dunno

It could be HT does not have enough factory space to have some of these things made right now. Most of these new figures (not including exclusives) are taking a year or more from PO to release. You would think something as simple BBTF2 Marty would be an easy one with just new clothes and headscuplt that it would be out in Q1 2017. So i wonder if they lost a factory or they are just backed up with so much stuff to make. No idea just thinking out loud

Back