Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. Plus, my sources tell me that they've run into problems with licensing, paint, the tires moving, George Barris' estate, Hot Wheels, Adam West, and William Dozier's great-grandson, but that they still intend to produce it, and we all should have it in hand by the show's 100th anniversary in 2066."

Great can't wait to put down the 40 year preorder!!

"I fail to see what one has to do with the other. They are different licenses with different prerequisites, and HT is, after all, a business. They clearly saw a chance to profit off of the work they had already done on the life-size Batman for Toy Soul by mass producing it, and, at the end of the day, this movie that no one's even seen yet is clearly a much better seller than the '66 series. Plus, my sources tell me that they've run into problems with licensing, paint, the tires moving, George Barris' estate, Hot Wheels, Adam West, and William Dozier's great-grandson, but that they still intend to produce it, and we all should have it in hand by the show's 100th anniversary in 2066."

Ummmm...I made no reference to this car. Read for understanding...

My comparison dealt with the life-size Batman versus The Bat in 1:6 scale.

And I think the point the guys are making is will the full size Bats really sell more units, generate more revenue than the '66 Batmobile. Maybe...maybe not.

I still say the 66 would outsell a 6000.00 plus full size bat armor if we are going by the argument of Hts releasing or not releasing an item. That full scale prop figures is definitely a small niche market. A big undertaking for such a very limited market. Hell, 1/6 is getting expensive enough.

Ummmm...I made no reference to this car. Read for understanding...

My comparison dealt with the life-size Batman versus The Bat in 1:6 scale.

And I think the point the guys are making is will the full size Bats really sell more units, generate more revenue than the '66 Batmobile. Maybe...maybe not.

Read for understanding. Then, come back, and tell me if you think I was serious.:lol

If no announcement at sdcc to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the show, then dead. But there has been very little hype or toys announced as of now to coincide with the anniversary, I think most are waiting till sdcc for announcements. For many, this 50th anniversary is a big deal. Just my opinion.

Hate to say it but I think this will never come to fruition.
Even at Sideshows site now the if you click the link for the 66 Batmobile under coming soon it brings you to statues.
So Sideshow has even removed the page for it. Definitely not a good sign.

Even at Sideshows site now the if you click the link for the 66 Batmobile under coming soon it brings you to statues.

Wow!! They really did that huh. I don't blame them HT dropped the ball with that one. Another sign to push us to collecting statues lol.

Your right it won't be released but people are just hoping against hope that it will. HT don't have a good track record of releasing items 2,3 or even 4 years after an initial product is shown. Usually if they haven't released it by the end of the year then it never gets released. Its been what ? 4 years since they shown this product for the first time. I would say that's all we'll ever see of this product again.

Your right it won't be released but people are just hoping against hope that it will. HT don't have a good track record of releasing items 2,3 or even 4 years after an initial product is shown. Usually if they haven't released it by the end of the year then it never gets released. Its been what ? 4 years since they shown this product for the first time. I would say that's all we'll ever see of this product again.

With the 50th anniversary this year, and if not announced at sdcc, then yes its dead. But I still have hope till then. Many thought Returns bats would not see the light of day.

As much as we want to fight it, the truth is like a slap in the face we can't stop from coming.
dU5uwWV3RqucQ7InODGZ_Third%20Hand%20Slap.gif

With the 50th anniversary this year, and if not announced at sdcc, then yes its dead. But I still have hope till then. Many thought Returns bats would not see the light of day.

Returns Batman is a $220 figure. This car is gonna run between $800 and $900. Much less risk involved with the release of a figure than a 1/6 car. We all think it will sell just fine. I don't think Hot Toy's is seeing it that way. I'd love to be wrong on this one but I don't see this happening. Which sucks!

Returns Batman is a $220 figure. This car is gonna run between $800 and $900. Much less risk involved with the release of a figure than a 1/6 car. We all think it will sell just fine. I don't think Hot Toy's is seeing it that way. I'd love to be wrong on this one but I don't see this happening. Which sucks!

When sdcc comes we will know hopefully once and for all. I hope your wrong as well and I am right.

I know someone that works with Sideshow Collectibles on a regular basis and he states that from pretty high up he's heard it's not going to happen.

I'm not a huge '66 fan myself, but grabbed Bats for my collection. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in the figure.

It would be an awesome set up with Robin, Batman, and the Batmobile.

Back