Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a matter of HT not wanting to put in production money and resources to something they think will be a weak seller- sorry but it's apparent the two 66 figures didn't sell well enough and that plus HT's infatuation with SW and Marvel made their mind up. Really- no reason for a multiyear delay but this and it didn't appear in ANY trade shows the past , what, two years?

Great points....HT has moved on....only 1/6 Batmobile being made is possibly the one from BvS, and I'll believe that when it goes up for pre order. :lol

I think we put too much stock in product not actually making it out in the assumed time frame. All other licenses has taken a back seat to Star Wars & Marvel. Obviously they've likely bumped other products to fully submerse themselves in the Star Wars hype...and for good reason. They are riding that wave and I would venture that the SWs figures are some of their most profitable. Not only because it's an evergreen product but because they hit the accelerator on product delivery. I mean look at all the SW figs they've delivered this year for OT & TFA :thud:

It's record breaking! I'm convinced they either bought their own production house or they have had these SW & Marvel AoU figures just sitting...waiting to unleash this deluge of figures on us collectors.

What happens if HT releases this and all 5 of you that have been begging for this buys it and the rest are sitting collecting dust unsold?

I hope you are being sarcastic and not that ignorant. If you think that only 5 people (I assume you were being sarcastic) will buy is grossly underestimated. I highly doubt this will collect dust. I did a thread a few months ago asking if to sign petition to have the 66 made,and a lot of forum members replied. Way more than 5 People showed interest. Plus way more than 5 have viewed and replied to this thread.

For whatever reason hot toys decided not to go with the batmobile 66. If they were gonna release it they would have by now. I seriously doubt petitioning will make any difference to hot toys as they operate a business which looks after themselves first and everyone else second. Its a shame but hot toys release so many figures and vehicles that one or two are bound not to make the cut. Unfortunately this just happened to be the case with the 66 batmobile, but look at what they are releasing and have released, the 89 batmobile and now the delorean.

For whatever reason hot toys decided not to go with the batmobile 66. If they were gonna release it they would have by now. I seriously doubt petitioning will make any difference to hot toys as they operate a business which looks after themselves first and everyone else second. Its a shame but hot toys release so many figures and vehicles that one or two are bound not to make the cut. Unfortunately this just happened to be the case with the 66 batmobile, but look at what they are releasing and have released, the 89 batmobile and now the delorean.

I never said a petition would help. I was just seeing if interest was there. Hts has not said it is cancelled and because they have nit released it yet does nit mean it is not coming out. You do nit know that. Also I do not know either. At this point it is still speculation on either sidr. Everyone thought returns batman would never come out, and it is. If no announcement next year with the 50th anniversary of the show, then I will give up hope, but till then it is still a possibility.

The 50th anniversary year will tell all. It will either be then or not at all. I am still holding out hope. I get the feeling that if they made an announcement with an approximate date and there was another delay, people would be more upset than this open ended not knowing. Doesn't make sense to us, but it doesn't have to, only needs to make sense to them.

they'll make it. people are worrying for nothing. i mean the delorean is being released this week! if that gets made, the 66 will get made!

I never said a petition would help. I was just seeing if interest was there. Hts has not said it is cancelled and because they have nit released it yet does nit mean it is not coming out. You do nit know that. Also I do not know either. At this point it is still speculation on either sidr. Everyone thought returns batman would never come out, and it is. If no announcement next year with the 50th anniversary of the show, then I will give up hope, but till then it is still a possibility.

Sorry Bro, I gotta disagree with you...we do know! What we know is Hot Toys has said they will release it. We know they said it had production problems. And we know SSCs has stated and still states that the car is still expected to be produced.

Until it is stated by Hot Toys otherwise, those are the facts! Period. Anything else is just fanboy conjecture based on what they think should be an expected release schedule. It has absolutely no merit or a shred of evidence to support that position other than some hyperbole about what they think Hot Toys is thinking.

I respect their opinions but it absolutely holds no water until Hot Toys confirms that its not coming out. Hot Toys has shown A LOT of product that they haven't put up for pre-order. From Aliens to Iron Man. Doesn't mean they'll never produce it because it hasn't come up for pre-order yet.

I'll take one example...another Iron Man example, since most fans believe IM is HTs cash cow. Remember when they showed the Stealth Iron Man Mark III? That was like 4 or 5 SDCCs ago. That thing was all but dead. Most guys said it would never see the light of day. It was a bygone conclusion that they weren't going to produce it at all. Lo and Behold! Once they reworked the Mark III in diecast, here comes the Stealth Armor suit.

These figures take time to produce. Most manufacturer's claim at least 1 year from design concept to retail shelf...and that's the cheap retail stuff you buy at Target or Walmart. Can you imagine what it takes to produce these figures with all the mixed media and cut and sew that goes into it? Now double that for a 1/6 scale vehicle...not to mention trying to get the price below a grand (we hope :pray::pray:)

Sorry to be long winded and I hope this doesn't come across as an angry post because it's not. I just think we need to keep this all in perspective here. HTs does a lot of things that seemingly don't make sense. At least to us it doesn't but I'm sure it does to them and the market they're trying to reach.

I've stated what I had heard in regards to the car. Essentially it slipped in production due to an issue and when they looked at when to try and reschedule it they where told that other companies had 50th anniversary products scheduled for 2016 and that was used to decide to bump the car to 2016. And this week the images and info from the LEGO batcave with the LEGO car leaked. Yes they knew about it early last year. I reported about it on here in July. Just so no one thinks I just made it up today.

I've stated what I had heard in regards to the car. Essentially it slipped in production due to an issue and when they looked at when to try and reschedule it they where told that other companies had 50th anniversary products scheduled for 2016 and that was used to decide to bump the car to 2016. And this week the images and info from the LEGO batcave with the LEGO car leaked. Yes they knew about it early last year. I reported about it on here in July. Just so no one thinks I just made it up today.

I hope you are right!!!!!!!!!!!:yess:

I'll believe it when I see it. That's not to say I don't believe you, MOTU, but, moreso, that I don't believe in Howard.:lol

I hope they announce if it is coming or dead this year since its the 50th anniversary of the show. ANY opinion if it is alive or dead is just speculation on my end and others. Only Hts knows what they are doing. None of us are experts. We all just have opinions, wants, likes and dislikes.

I hope they announce if it is coming or dead this year since its the 50th anniversary of the show. ANY opinion if it is alive or dead is just speculation on my end and others. Only Hts knows what they are doing. None of us are experts. We all just have opinions, wants, likes and dislikes.

Some people are "experts". Or what would be deemed an "expert witness" by law. You are correct that only those working at the company know for sure. But what I wrote wasn't my opinion or what I want. It's what I heard from friends at DC and WB and hot toys.

And even if you discount everything I said. The only Facts are that hot toys has shown the car. Multiple times. And have never said they are not making it. 2016 is the anniversary. There have been multiple products announced using the 66 batman license for 2016. Hot toys, despite perception at times, has only not produced around 1% of the total prototypes they have shown over a 15ish year time frame. And out of those they have almost always given some reason or statement of its not coming. (The Mj figure, the prof X figure ect) so I don't see any reason to think this would fall in the .5% of product and not the 99.5% of product.

I dont think hottoys will release 66 batmobile guys. Lets face it the batman and robin its self doesn't go well in selling. Even 89 batmobile doesnt go well as well in selling. Produce this batmobile is harder than produce 89 or tumbler, and they have to invest time and money for something they know its not gonna make tons of money. This happen just like penguin or catwoman from batman returns, promotheus, and others. Its kinda lame that hottoys doesnt release this batmobile but its a bad business if they do

Back