Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i own the Black Tumbler , i am planning on order the DeLorean plutonium edition , i would of totally bought this , when and IF they do make it, ill purchase the Adam West and Robin, if they dont then i wont

I already got batman and robin. Love the series, but when i thought they were making the batmobile, that was an extra push to buy the figures.

I'm sure there going there to put this Batmobile out . It's going to be a instant hit and probably sell better then any Batmobile out . The fact that there pushing this second version of Adam west tells me it's coming even more .

I'm sure there going there to put this Batmobile out . It's going to be a instant hit and probably sell better then any Batmobile out . The fact that there pushing this second version of Adam west tells me it's coming even more .

I hope you are right. I started collecting when I saw the 66 batmobile. Now 200 plus figures later, 89 batmobile, tumbler, and batpod. Still no 66 batmobile.:(

Hate to post this, but I was talking to one of the Sideshow guys today at SDCC and he said in all likelihood the '66 Batmobile is dead. I'm as disappointed as you about the news.

Thanks for the info. After all this time it is better to forget about this, and don`t terrorize yourself with a little thought of hope. Better to be surprised down the line.

After not seeing this again this year, I'm officially giving up hope. If they surprise me with it later then I'll get it, but I'm done waiting for it.

Hate to post this, but I was talking to one of the Sideshow guys today at SDCC and he said in all likelihood the '66 Batmobile is dead. I'm as disappointed as you about the news.

"I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

Love the series and the Tweeterhead statues.. I bought the HT 66 figures for the Batmobile that I assume is not coming now... I do feel a bit duped by HT ... Batman 66 and Robin 66 were my last two HT anyhow.. sold off all 1/6 scale action figures and am strictly statue.. My dog also had some major vet bills so the money from the 1/6 scale sale went there. Glad I'm out of the HT addiction...:)

I'm not going to lose all hope yet... Hot Toys and Sideshow are different companies (and based on the Hot Toys Star Wars line, they also compete with each other). I'd be surprised if a Sideshow rep knows what's really coming from Hot Toys. They'll have a better idea than most, but based on what's on the "Coming Soon" section of Sideshow, vs what Hot Toys actually shows, I'm sure that Hot Toys surprises them often enough.
Keep the hope alive!

I wouldn't say for nothing. These two figs are some of Hot Toys best work. The likeness and accessories are terrific. I'm getting West an Ward's aitograph this month to display with the figs. Considered getting the boxes signed,but I think a nameplate framed with some nice art or a photo would be better. So even if the Batmobile never gets made I'll still have a nice display for two great figures.

well for me it sorta is. the 66 batmobile was the piece i wanted, not the 2 66 figs. those were to be the accessories.so if its never made or does in fact get officially cancelled, i will sell off my 2 66 figs. no need for them without the 66 batmobile.

I'm with you all on holding out hope for its possible release, but it really sounds like it's done. I look forward to being proven wrong, though!

On the Batman '66 forum, it's been stated that the sticking point on the Batmobile was indeed the issue of moving wheels (coming from the Sideshow Rep at SDCC).

g1y6ZeR.jpg

Why? Because of the Mattel licensing? I can think of a million ways around that. Ship it with the wheel locks in place. Include an alternate set of moving tires with instructions on how to "remove" the static ones, and so on, and so forth. If Enterbay could get away with ripping off HT's "patented" removable faces technique by not mentioning its existence, I don't see why HT couldn't do the same with moving wheels.

If I'm being honest, though, who gives a **** about moving wheels, anyway? How many people are really going to buy this thing so they can roll it around on their hardwood floor while making turbine noises with their mouths?:lol

Wait. What?

What about what this guy said.

I heard something this weekend. Good about this. I'd be patient a bit longer.

And I know this is off topic but to those that like the 66 bats...any of you tried the mpc model kit? It's pretty good

Back