Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still hopeful. I also think it's encouraging that the Delorean is under $700 considering the details and complexity of all the greeblies and gadgets and the lighting. Makes me think the batmobile would be less expensive.

Wow, if they don't release this it will be one of the biggest let downs by HT. One of the main reason I even got the other two Batmobiles was to have it displayed next to this. What a bummer... it looked SO GREAT!

Let's hope that maybe they're just having some production problems, and that HT knows there IS a demand for this car. Afterall, as far as iconic goes this is among the most easily recognizable vehicles even grandparents could name.

Delorean still sucks though, hot toys is not into the intricate led dashboard business, it looks flat and dull still

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

They probably fast-tracked the DeLorean as 2015 is the 30th anniversary.
Sure this year is 75 years of Bats, but it's not an anniversary for the TV show. If it's true that the delay is to tweak some details, I'm perfectly happy with that. Besides, with the 1989 Batman, the Michael Keaton came out early 2012, the car didn't show until mid-2013. If there is any consistency, if Adam West was released mid-2014, I wouldn't expect to see the Batmobile until mid/late 2015.
And for the sake of the wallet, I'm ok with that.

The Hot Toys Hong Kong site doesn't even mention or display the 1966 Batmobile anymore, so I think we've been had.

It's still on the Sideshow site. Some of the other previewed Hot Toys are not yet showing on the Hot Toys HK site. The Helicarrier isn't showing yet, neither is the battle-damaged Mark42 from Iron Man 3. Could be they don't put them up on the site until they are already for sale, or close to release....

^^^^ Sardo Numspa? Now that's a forgotten reference. Can't believe I know it.

ZFd327V.gif

Hmm.
Batman 1966

50 yrs later puts it at...
2016, right?
What better marketing play that that? They're guaranteeing a successful net income with a
Delorean AND a batmobile. They know it will sell so why compete in a market of comics, toys, figures
so broad in the batman license when they can bank on the 66 unique license... And they'll unleash the '66 set throughout the year. Joker/riddler, Catwoman/penguin, etc each quarter.

It's not if but when

Two months ago they said they were tweaking it. Until they say it's cancelled, I'd say it's still coming.

The problem is that HT is too big now. Ironically, looks like making a limited edition item it's not worth their time anymore... their only interested in making items they can sell thousands of it.

Two months ago they said they were tweaking it. Until they say it's cancelled, I'd say it's still coming.

:goodpost: :exactly: I'd like to hear more from them, but I also think people should avoid jumping to conclusions. I'm more concerned with whether or not we'll see more figures. I hope that, at the very least, they could give us a Romero Joker. I'm equally partial to the Gorshin Riddler and my biggest want, actually, is a Meredith Penguin. If sales are an issue, I wouldn't mind if they did then as Toy Fair Exclusives with smaller edition sizes.

I have a feeling we sadly may not see the villains. I'm betting the 66 Batmobile is announced eventually and that will round out this line. It's a shame as West Batman and Ward Robin are two of the most fun characters in my collection and I'd like villains to put with them.

:goodpost: :exactly: I'd like to hear more from them, but I also think people should avoid jumping to conclusions. I'm more concerned with whether or not we'll see more figures. I hope that, at the very least, they could give us a Romero Joker. I'm equally partial to the Gorshin Riddler and my biggest want, actually, is a Meredith Penguin. If sales are an issue, I wouldn't mind if they did then as Toy Fair Exclusives with smaller edition sizes.

Yeah, but still, I can see why people are getting nervous. It IS weird that the Delorean goes up for sale after only a month or so of known existence while the '66 Batmobile festers for 2+ whole years.

Think about it, even if preorders went up tomorrow for it, you're still looking at a late 2016, 2017 release! :horror

And I don't think we'll be seeing any more characters. I'd love the Riddler, but realistically, I think Batman and Robin were one and dones.

Oh, absolutely, but I also think that this isn't really a case like The Bat, where there were technical issues hampering it, and I don't think they'd scrap it after they went through the process of building it, and all the R&D that entails. Hopefully, we'll get an update, soon, though.

I have a feeling we sadly may not see the villains. I'm betting the 66 Batmobile is announced eventually and that will round out this line. It's a shame as West Batman and Ward Robin are two of the most fun characters in my collection and I'd like villains to put with them.

If we don't, hopefully, some custom company can make a few.

Back