Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is hot Toys not saying anything about it? Why keep it from us if its a go or not? Is this hts mo?

Its frustrating but after all this time with no word, maybe its a good sign and that it is just delayed.

I think if this was a no go, we would have known by now.

The Batmobile licensed kinda weird, but it shouldn't have been enough of a hurdle if they got it for the TV show We most didn't have toys of the characters 50 years, but think of all the but while toys and models we've had since the show. this thing is dead. Thinking of building my own.

Batmobile Is Protected by Copyright Laws

This might have something to do with the reason we have not seen the HT 66 yet.

That is a completely different matter. When it comes to the classic TV show there were indeed many licensing/rights issues going on because their were several studios involved, but all that was finally settled, and thus we were finally able to get the Blu-Ray/DVD releases, and HT was able to obtain the license for merchandising (which includes the Batmobile). The guy in that story was making actual running replicas of the Batmobile for profit without getting approval or paying for the license.

Regardless what the issues are, I just hope we get an answer once and for all next year at the 50th anniversary of the show. Hys announced the batmobile like in 2012 or 2013 right?

That is a completely different matter. When it comes to the classic TV show there were indeed many licensing/rights issues going on because their were several studios involved, but all that was finally settled, and thus we were finally able to get the Blu-Ray/DVD releases, and HT was able to obtain the license for merchandising (which includes the Batmobile). The guy in that story was making actual running replicas of the Batmobile for profit without getting approval or paying for the license.

That guy was selling full scale 66 batmobiles. High end price for one was I believe $250,000.00. $90,000.00 was the cheapes bare bones model. Then again, cheaper than what bat #1 sold for at Barret Jackson for over 4 million dollars to a guy in Scottsdale Arizona. Just an hour from me.

It's not their fault. If a licensor won't release the rights, there's nothing they can do.

There is something they can do; they can post an update saying it's either delayed or cancelled.

I don't even want a reason or excuse, just want to know whether to keep waiting for it.

It likely has nothing to do with license rights...more than likely its productions issues...like they said.

Agree. They got the rights for the figures, I am sure they got it for the car. Just release it in matte black then. They fixed shipping issues with 89, I am sure they can do the same with the 66. Just let us know once and for all. I would gladly take one with some scratches than not have one at all.

I think it's a matter of HT not wanting to put in production money and resources to something they think will be a weak seller- sorry but it's apparent the two 66 figures didn't sell well enough and that plus HT's infatuation with SW and Marvel made their mind up. Really- no reason for a multiyear delay but this and it didn't appear in ANY trade shows the past , what, two years?

Back