Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apologize for the research laziness, but do we have real confirmation that figures are being made?

The placard at Ani-Com and the official announcement of the Batmobile both stated that "more collectibles are coming soon." I don't know what else they could've meant, and I doubt they'd be making vehicles for a license that they couldn't make figures from.

I definitely get where you're coming from, though. It's almost unreal. I find myself in the same state as I was when Superman and 89 Batman were announced, which is one of disbelief.

The placard at Ani-Com and the official announcement of the Batmobile both stated that "more collectibles are coming soon." I don't know what else they could've meant, and I doubt they'd be making vehicles for a license that they couldn't make figures from.

I definitely get where you're coming from, though. It's almost unreal. I find myself in the same state as I was when Superman and 89 Batman were announced, which is one of disbelief.

Well call me skeptical then. But I hope it happens.

:lol

The placard at Ani-Com and the official announcement of the Batmobile both stated that "more collectibles are coming soon."

Well call me skeptical then. But I hope it happens.

bf08 is of course correct and you are right to be a sceptic Mags, there is nothing definite just yet, just assumptions. But they are pretty strong ones.

1) Hot Toys has made figures and vehicles for BATMAN BEGINS.
2) They have made figures and a new vehicle for DARK KNIGHT.
3) They then made figures and a vehicle for Tim Burton's BATMAN.
4) They announced figures and vehicles for BACK TO THE FUTURE.
5) They have made figures and a new massive vehicle for DARK KNIGHT RISES.
6) They display a 1/6 scale 1966 TV series BATMOBILE with a promise of 'more collectibles to come'

That's no guarantee to be sure, but then...what would be the item with the highest probability, as a follow-up to the 1/6 car?

I hope they make the Kilmer Batmobile.

This was posted on the 1966 batmobile messageboard a while ago.It s normally well-sourced and reliable over there.Make of it what you will.

"As far as what I hear. Bats is going to be amazing in likeness..much like the Chris Reeves Superman is. The Bat's will have 2 heads as to be Bruce and Bats in full costume. Also the belt will have opening pouch's and all the Bat gadgets you'd ever want. Folding batarang, Bat cuffs, Bat shield..more than one set of hands etc. Again this is all speculative and is being developed as we speak. But NO ONE is more accurate and amazing than Hot Toys. This is going to be biblical!!!"

:thud: :thud: :thud:

^ This immediately came to mind. :lol

I CANNOT wait.

I should point out that this is the same member on that fine forum, that posed that there would be a 1/6 1966 BATMOBILE for ages before now, but regularly laughed off the forums for it.

Then MATTELL/HW showed one at the SDCC in 2011.

and now HT shows one at the SDCC of 2012.

Honestly, regarding a West Batman. I think that they could pull off a removable cowl (or at the very least, a fabric one). It was loose fitting enough, and West's hair always followed the contours of his head pretty well. I think that this is one case where the removable cowl is perfectly in the realm of possibility. Hell, I'd say that removable masks are, too. Robin could have a D.ick Grayson option, and for characters like The Riddler, if you included both costumes, the removable mask would allow you to pull off both looks.

I'm amazed we have nt seen removable masks from hot toys yet.we had megos with them in 1973 and Gabriel's lone ranger the same year.

Yeah, I think that, with most releases, the hair is what makes it difficult, as it's sculpted, but with something like this, I see no reason for the cowl not to be removable.

So I complete forgot they had this on the show! How great would it be to display this next to the Batmobile?

1966-batcycle-6.gif

hot+wheels+1-12+scale+bat-cycle+batcycle.gif

We are a year or so away from this amazing vehicle and any figures, so we all have to wait. :thud:
In the mean time it's fun to speculate, with each episode of the series I watch, just what might come out. Today I was considering Catwoman, with heads for Eartha and Julie. They wore the same outfit and have similar figures. This would allow either characterization to be had from one figure.

So I complete forgot they had this on the show! How great would it be to display this next to the Batmobile?

1966-batcycle-6.gif

hot+wheels+1-12+scale+bat-cycle+batcycle.gif

I would buy that.

Batman and Robin on the bike might actually fit on a detolf shelf.

I love the '66 Batmobile and will definitely pre order this.
While I did not read the entire topic however, am I the only one to notice that the steering wheel is upside down?

Back