Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They really need to release it. And also Romero Joker. Man it sucks seeing the actors and singers I grew up watching and listening to since the 1970's are passing away. Sad day for me. Can't wait to get West Batman Premium Format more than ever now.

They really need to release it. And also Romero Joker. Man it sucks seeing the actors and singers I grew up watching and listening to since the 1970's are passing away. Sad day for me. Can't wait to get West Batman Premium Format more than ever now.

Unfortunately Hot Toys have little regard for licenses outside of DC comics, Disney Marvel and Star Wars. Just look at the way they are dealing with the Ripley figure and Delorean Hover version.

Yeah...their hands are full and it doesn't look like they are increasing capacity anytime soon. Especially when characters like Poe Dameron and Cassian are being all but skipped over...the other licenses are like a fart in the wind...a hard intro (years ago) followed by a faint lingering.

Same here, even posting on their FB page about the death of West (not once, but twice) you'd think HT would want to honor that by releasing this... It would sell out!

This is truly one bizarre company, but hey, here is your Arkham Knight that absolutely no one asked for.

What irks me the most, and I KNOW IT'S BEATING A DEAD HORSE BUT IN THIS CASE IT IS IMPORTANT -- is that they used the Batmobile and the prospect of making it available to sell the figures then left us holding the bag. To me, that is a form of fraud.

Their production issues excuse of not making it was never explained nor is it valid as I had a highly detailed custom 66 Batmobile made and of course sold it expecting they would honor their commitment. ALL they would have to do to keep their promise is take a limited number of orders (to match the prototype) with a hefty NRD and a guarantee to make and ship it.

That page is full of history of HT Lies!
FistLie.jpg

Same here, even posting on their FB page about the death of West (not once, but twice) you'd think HT would want to honor that by releasing this... It would sell out!

This is truly one bizarre company, but hey, here is your Arkham Knight that absolutely no one asked for.

Too true. I am also puzzled by the arkham knight figure but also that entire license, especially with how batman turned out with that ridiculous suit (execution, not design). The only figure from that line I would even be interested in would be scarecrow.

I've still got these in the box waiting for the batmobile...

It pisses me off also. Even more so than ever now that Mr West has passed away. Howard keeps showing us items like the 1:6 tie fighter, Bob the Goon, and a full 1:6 Millennium Falcon to just show hey look what we can do, but we will never release. But here's a 1:1 scale Batman figure that very few can afford or even want. And still NO Romero Joker. I am about done with Hot Toys anymore and 1:6.

I still hold out hope for the batmobile..............a fool's hope but still. But if not hell at least give us a few more characters. Yes and a CR joker would be a must & next in line........:lecture

I still hold out hope for the batmobile..............a fool's hope but still. But if not hell at least give us a few more characters. Yes and a CR joker would be a must & next in line........:lecture

I think the 1966 Batman and Robin figures not selling as well as HT hoped as obviously impacted on this being release – I think maybe it was that 1966 series fans are of an older demographic, and most are not into collecting action figures.
I don't think that would affect the 1966 Batmobile though, that car is iconic on it's own, and I think it would sell out almost instantly... who knows, that, along with Adam West's sad death will probably increase the sales of the Batman and Robin figures anyway.
Also, really hope the CR Joker gets released – I'd love a Riddler, Penguin and Catwoman to get released too! :wink1:

I don't believe it would sell out instantly unless they made 200 or less. We are only a small fraction of the 1/6 community. How popular is this show in Asia?

I don't believe it would sell out instantly unless they made 200 or less. We are only a small fraction of the 1/6 community. How popular is this show in Asia?

Not speaking for the entire region, but in the Philippines at least the only Batman figure line that has always sold well is anything from Nolanverse. Yes, even the Batpod and the Tumbler sells for crazy prices and they don't last a day when posted for sale. Even Affleck Batman's gone down a bit perhaps because of the SS Exclusive version and/or the inevitable future release from the future films.

1989 DX Batman and Joker, and 1992 Batman figures range from below SRP to SRP range. Even the 89 car can be had here for around $470, and that's using the US$ to Philippine Peso conversion from when it was released (using present rate it would be for as low as $400).

1966 Batman and Robin figures are same with the guys from '89. You can see Robin for $110 and still takes time to be sold. Batman is around $140-160. Mr West's passing didn't create a temporary demand here.

Just not enough attention here for the classics. It's like most people here only knew Batman when Bale took the role. That or they're not just the priority for space and cash -- they save it for Marvel, Baleman and Batfleck, and the Arkham Knight versions.

And so would I.

I mean, one doesn't necessarily need to be a HUGE Batman fan to see the appeal on this. A classic car nut would too!

I mean, why the **** even tease it on each single SDCC? Why? Why tease Romero? Why?

Why isn't anyone asking these questions when that ********* chan is interviewed? Why is the interviewer always more interested in measuring his **** instead of asking real questions?

Back