Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tumbler was cool in the 1st film but when Bane and all his buddys had one it kind of killed it for me. I thought i heard (not that that means anything) the size of the BvS car was a problem in 1/6 being over 3 feet long and 2 feet wide. But if it's in the JL film and Batman film i'm sure they will find a way and leave the 66 alone in a corner someplace forgotten.

No way it's too big to make. 89 is longer. You can see by this pic it's not 2' wide. At least from what I see.

1485149428825.jpg

That is exactly why I sold the tumbler. It did not read as a batmobile to me either. I was excited to see the Batman vs Superman batmobile shown. I thought I would have a consolation prize, but looks like that might be scrapped as well.

Yeah that Dark Knight Tumbler and the camo version were no batmobiles the way we know it. LOL. 3 movies and this Christian Bale guy didn't get a batmobile. No wonder he had a bad attitude making these films. LMAO. :lol

The Tumbler was cool in the 1st film but when Bane and all his buddys had one it kind of killed it for me.

Exact same for me. It ceased to be a Batmobile at that point. I boxed mine up where it has remained ever since until eventually I work up the will to sell it.

Yeah just looking at that size chart, the Tumbler is the weakest of all the Batmobiles. It's so ugly and boxy and small, the Bat isn't much better either. I remember in rumors in 2011 that he was going to get a new Batmobile, instead it was three Bane camo Tumblers, really lame.

I hope the 66' and BvS Batmobile still happen. It would be a shame if the last Hot Toys Batman vehicle was that crappy 1:12 The Bat. Whatever happened to the compact line anyway? :lol

There's actually a market for 1:12, 1:10 vehicles since 6" and 7" figures are so popular between Marvel Legends, Black Series, NECA, Mezco 1:12, DCC Collectibles, SH figuarts, etc. They really blew it with their lame TDKR release. Bet if they did a compact series 66' Batmobile or an '89 Batmobile and Batwing it would sell better than the Bat did. Why they went with the Bat and the Helicarrier for that now abandoned line makes no sense to me. They could even do Tie Fighters and X-Wings instead of, you know, teasing big 1:6 ones they have no intention on producing.

Really do we have to do this every time lol. But on the good side they did say they were doing this IM about 3 years ago and it was just now put up so there is still hope for the 66.

I was just thinking "$100 and a Hot Toys Batfleck says that Franpincho posted a picture of the MK V in the Batmobile thread." Which of you mother****ers is going to pay up?:lol

thought this part was of interest from the ebay listing
Also, I have another auction listed for the compatible, rolling Batboat Trailer with Batmobile hitch! One's arrived at Hot Toys that will be used this year in their corporate toy exhibit in Japan

not much point in exhibiting a trailer and boat for a car thats not going into production or from a line that's dead , ...or is it just standard hot toys bait and switch :slap
but on the plus side who ever gets one gets a hot toys + level quality 1/6 scale replica

Last edited:
WTF hot toys?!!! Seriously?!! No Batgirl or Romero Joker. But we get freaking Hermione in a yellow dress!!!

LOL. My thoughts exactly! That's got to be a small portion of people who will buy that. Frustrating as $*#%!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. My thoughts exactly! That's got to be a small portion of people who will buy that. Frustrating as $*#%!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't tell me they are going to sell a ton of these compared to Romero Joker. Maleficent took a while to sell out and can't imagine there was many produced. They could re release a few ward and west with Romero Joker and a batgirl or Newmar Catwoman. I guarantee they would all sell very well. Just commit to this line.

Back