Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely over kill for Leto Joker. Another Hot Toys gamble that I think they will lose on. I would love to have all movie Joker's represented, but can't bring myself to get one. If Romero ever sees the light of day, then I will get one cheap on eBay or when heavily discounted.

Everyone was lead to believe that Letoker was going to be a huge part of Suicide Squad from the marketing, HT included. I'm sure they thought they thought they had another Ledger styled Jokermania on the horizon. That is the only thing that makes sense that we have so many of those figures, 1 Harley and only Deadshot to continue a "team."

That being said, this thing is iconic, easily one of the most iconic vehicles in film/TV history. HT could release this in 10 years and people who want it will still go for it.

I dunno, the boomers that grew up with the show as kids are dying left and right. 10 years from now? Uhhh, I think interest will have waned and each year the interest won't be as it great as it could be.

Anyway, I'd really like to see the Batmobile happen, but if we're being realistic it probably won't. I will say this. As far as Hot Toys DC/WB collectibles go, Hot Toys should have the 66' Batmobile, Romero Joker, Pfeiffer Catwoman, DeVito Penguin, Arkham Joker, and Ra's Al Ghul hold presidence before another ****ing Leto Joker or video game Batman.

Last edited:
I never understood the lack of a TDK Trilogy Ra's. It always baffles me that they actually spent the time and resources to do Blake but not Ra's.

Like, seriously, what the hell. A 1/12 Bat?

This is truly a bizarre company.

b9738cfcd63ca28a54055fbad31611dc.jpg

I dunno, the boomers that grew up with the show as kids are dying left and right. 10 years from now? Uhhh, I think interest will have waned and each year the interest won't be as it great as it could be.

I disagree (respectfully) on that point. Although the boomers that grew up with the show are dying off, many of us who grew up in the 70's and early 80's had ONLY this show (and the SuperFriends cartoon) for their Batman fix. There is a healthy post-boomer fan base.
More importantly, I think the 60's Batmobile has transcended the show. People who are not Batman fans, and not fans of comics, still recognize the car for what it is. On top of that, car enthusiasts ALL know this car as well. It really is a shame that it is not being built/sold. On the other hand, my wallet (and my wife) is sighing a big relief that I can't buy this.

I disagree (respectfully) on that point. Although the boomers that grew up with the show are dying off, many of us who grew up in the 70's and early 80's had ONLY this show (and the SuperFriends cartoon) for their Batman fix. There is a healthy post-boomer fan base.
More importantly, I think the 60's Batmobile has transcended the show. People who are not Batman fans, and not fans of comics, still recognize the car for what it is. On top of that, car enthusiasts ALL know this car as well. It really is a shame that it is not being built/sold. On the other hand, my wallet (and my wife) is sighing a big relief that I can't buy this.

I doubt many baby boomers were watching the show. But definitely those of us like me that grew up in the 70's watched the show. For me, was my first exposure to Batman as was George Reeves Superman tv show was my first exposure to Superman.

IMG_7421.JPGI'm glad it's not being done!!! Four years, no direct answer to customers and no effort to satisfy a dying consumer audience... Companies come and go and this ones on the way out...So...

The West Batman was on TV all the time here in the UK when I was growing up. I was born in 83 but remember it being on most mornings in the summer holidays.

The idea that it only appeals to boomers is just not true. I know Batman fans in their mid 20's who have plenty of 66 Batman memorabilia.

If you are a big fan of a particular character, franchise or sports team you are likely interested in the history.

I'm not a boomer and watched the 60s show as a kid, but to think there are enough of us later generations that are fans of the Batman 60s show AND love it enough to buy $$$ collectibles from it is a completely different story.

Sure, some of you millenials here will be all "rah rah, I want more 60s Batman collectibles!" but I'm skeptical how many of you love it so much that you'd be willing to put your money where your mouth is.

The older guys here are more inclined to get all this stuff, it's their Batman. Like I said though, after each year passes the interest in it will shrink. The main demographic that this appeals to is rapidly shriveling up every year. 5 years from now? 10 years from now? It only gets worse. Sure, there will be your random sj2106 or DiFabio that will spring for something like a $700 Batmobile based on a 51 year old tv show, but other people our age? Fat chance.

I'm not a boomer and watched the 60s show as a kid, but to think there are enough of us later generations that are fans of the Batman 60s show AND love it enough to buy $$$ collectibles from it is a completely different story.

Sure, some of you millenials here will be all "rah rah, I want more 60s Batman collectibles!" but I'm skeptical how many of you love it so much that you'd be willing to put your money where your mouth is.

The older guys here are more inclined to get all this stuff, it's their Batman. Like I said though, after each year passes the interest in it will shrink. The main demographic that this appeals to is rapidly shriveling up every year. 5 years from now? 10 years from now? It only gets worse. Sure, there will be your random sj2106 or DiFabio that will spring for something like a $700 Batmobile based on a 51 year old tv show, but other people our age? Fat chance.

Collectors of any age that love Batman would buy this stuff, assuming they can afford it. Baseball collectors will still be buying Babe Ruth stuff 100 years from now. West was the first on screen Batman(at least I assume he was) so his place in history can't be denied. It will always be the collectors mindset to want the first Batman, first Joker, Batmobile etc on their shelves.

I'm a big Superman fan so I'd buy a George Reeves version if that was ever made, to get every on screen Supes. Heck I might even buy a Dean Cain figure....I draw the line at Tom Welling though! :lol

Back