Hot Toys - Artist Mix Collection - Avengers Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited for Ultron and the Sentries, I'm just hoping that they can actually move...

EDIT - Something was bugging me about the way they positioned Ultron Prime's eyes. I think they're set way too low on his face. Comparing some photos of Ultron, here's a quick photoshop edit I made. I apologize for the amateurish job of the edit but I think it illustrates my main issue with the figure. What do you guys think?

4Ke14dV.png

They actually look a lot better than the Cosbaby figures, so points awarded there I guess.

Still, what is the point of these? Trying to muscle in on the Kid's Logic/Funko audience? Did that 1/4 Groot sell like gangbusters or something?

I'm excited for Ultron and the Sentries, I'm just hoping that they can actually move...

EDIT - Something was bugging me about the way they positioned Ultron Prime's eyes. I think they're set way too low on his face. Comparing some photos of Ultron, here's a quick photoshop edit I made. I apologize for the amateurish job of the edit but I think it illustrates my main issue with the figure. What do you guys think?

4Ke14dV.png

Nice edit. Now the figure is totally screen accurate. :lol ;)

Funko figures are nice desktop items, but the key to their success is the $10 price point as much as anything. I can't see wanting to spend much more than that, honestly.

These are too detailed and (I'm assuming) articulated. No way they're $10. Hopefully the smaller ones which are a little under 6" are around $25 or less. But those other little HT things were how much? $20-30 or more?

These are too detailed and (I'm assuming) articulated. No way they're $10. Hopefully the smaller ones which are a little under 6" are around $25 or less. But those other little HT things were how much? $20-30 or more?

Finally I can afford HulkBuster! :clap

They don't look like they are articulated. They look more in line with the typical stylized static vinyl figures that have been coming out the last couple years. Hopefully that will keep the price down (but in reality, it will probably just mean Hot Toys' margin will be bigger).

Anyone else read that as ''Hot Toys is overstretching its collectible lines yet again?'' Just me?

Yeah going to join in the Funko POP mania..
and will push Ripley and Batman Returns into oblivion....

I'm fine with Hot Toys doing other types of figures, Batman Returns will come when its ready. I can be patient. I kind of like the look of these and at the right price I may just try and collect most of them.

At 30cm that Hulkbuster should line up nicely next to the standard height HT figures provided they don't have room for that behemoth Hulkbuster that's coming out later on.

Back