Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like that photo didn't load. Can you give it another try? Thanks.

20200116_093340 (1).jpg

20200116_104209.jpg

20200116_104217.jpg

just tried again 3 pictures let me know if these work thanks

Is it terrible that I'm now seriously contemplating picking up the Atlas figure to make a close-enough Ronon? I was tempted to try it with the Hot Toys figure... But Hot Toys prices for a so/so headsculpt and a body that would be unusable as anything but Aquaman... Even the weird floaty hair would be kinda perfect to hollow out and stuff some fuzzy roving dreads in there...

no its not ,i say go for it ,
take a look at this it may give you a cheap alternative starting point

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NRTOYS-1-6...066968?hash=item36579bdf18:g:UfAAAOSwsnVdyMGD

s-l1600.jpg

That third party Aquaman is much more "action figure" like is it? Which is no bad thing. I think more figures should be made this way as it kinda the best of both worlds.

I don't like how the jeans fit but it looks very nice.

Here's hoping your replacement is better...let us know and post pictures.

Thanks man. I hope not too many others get the hand issues.

no its not ,i say go for it ,
take a look at this it may give you a cheap alternative starting point

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NRTOYS-1-6...066968?hash=item36579bdf18:g:UfAAAOSwsnVdyMGD

Thanks! That looks surprisingly decent/the fact that it's haired could well make things easier... Yeah think I'm gonna attempt this, decent Jason Momoa sculpts finally being a thing is a real boost kitbashing wise.

(Though oh dear... I've been hunting without much success for an alternative to those ancient Ada Chan Stargate headsculpts for a while now - they're recognisably who they're supposed to be, but honestly those things have always been a little rough. Thus far the closest thing I've found face-wise to Sheppard weirdly is knockoff HTs Quicksilver though he's too pretty, been eyeing up the old 1/6 Nathan Drake figures too, but nope, they're too rugged/manly)

That’s a Hot Toys sculpt with a bad hair job to sell you a recast with a poor paint app and a bad hair job. NRToys previous releases have not had great paint apps. Unless they step up their production I’d wait to see in hand pics.

Isnt this preorder? I think its available in March.
I wouldnt preorder from evil-bay

i think it available now ,i bought one last week from one six kits website and its been dispatched , i only bought it for the hair piece to use on the atlas sculpt ,not sure if its going to be delayed by the chinese new year thing ,but ill post pictures when it arrives

cant say for certain ,but looking at this inhand picture of the rooted hair head ,it looks to me like it uses the atlas head sculpt rather than the hot toy one

s-l1600.jpg

attachment.php

Cool to see the ARToys one in hand. Some futzing with the hair can make that sculpt shine I am sure, especially if you can give it that-just came out of the water-wet look.

Cool to see the ARToys one in hand. Some futzing with the hair can make that sculpt shine I am sure, especially if you can give it that-just came out of the water-wet look.

hey thanks for the picture you sent via pm ,excellent work on the man of steel figure
is the nr head sculpt the same as the one you refer to as the ar sculpt or have i bought the wrong one lol cheers

This figure looks cheap as hell.
One of the worst effort by HT in my opinion, the plastic looks just like what it is, cheap, toy like plastic.
They didn't put any effort into this, easy pass.

I don't know how people can convince themselves that rooted hair looks good at this scale. I would throw this straight into the garage if I received it.

There are several with rooted hair that look far superior to the sculpted look.

This isn?t one of them.

Back