Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
randy-snow-suit-a-christmas-story-2.jpg

That's the outfit I wanted since I saw the behind the scenes. If they're not making this one, I'll honestly skip the line. Maybe he'll be a Toy Fair Exclusive for 2019, similar to the 'Roadworn Thor'.

No statues won't be more suitable. I don't think Hot Toys should bend over backwards to please the dolly players by putting exposed joints on figures when there is a choice. Figures like Hulk and Drax it can't be helped but with other figures there is a choice.

These figures will always be articulated first and foremost. That is the purpose of them, and there is always a trade off in articulation if they want it to look better, but these are toys at the end of the day. Poseability is their main draw so that is what they will focus on.

Also I love the bright comic colours but momoa doesn't look like the aquaman of the comics so I don't think it works, if it is going to be that bright yellow orange. Comics =/= movies

We finally get a Aquaman with comic accurate colors and the trolls come crawling out of the woodwork.

I’ve always found yellow/green as a color combo fairly ugly to be honest. It may work on screen but for the figure that yellow is too loud and looks cheap.

Weird, but I think this figure looks ok so far. I'm thinking they will make adjustments as well. We'll see.

I’m so disappointed.. is the same that we have seen all ready ... there is nothing new .. hot toys haven’t done nothing special for dc .. movies everything and everyone .. even a non important figure form Marvel are made ..

The same Wonder Woman figures .. same Batman’s begin ..figure .. same head for aquaman ..

WB and DC comics should remove the license form hot toys .. the surely don’t put any effort in the dc universe figures

What a crappy aquaman...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if most of the DC movies didn't suck, maybe more of their characters would get made.

Still not sure about this figure. I want one figure to represent Aquaman in my collection and I thought I’d be more excited about his classic look but when I look at it it seems too toyish and plastic to fit in well with the more realistic figures I have. I may have to reconsider the JL version or wait for another version that is more palatable.

I love the classic Aquaman suit design. . .but with the facial hair, scraggly long hair, and angry face, I'm not digging this suit on Momoa. He works better with the tattoos and more "gritty and realistic" looking armor like we see posted in other pics here. If they had cast Patrick Wilson as Aquaman, that would have worked exceedingly well, though.

Well, if most of the DC movies didn't suck, maybe more of their characters would get made.

Not all marvel movies and Star Wars movie are amazing .. and yet the even release almost the toilet cleaner that was in the movie for like second ...

Still not sure about this figure. I want one figure to represent Aquaman in my collection and I thought I’d be more excited about his classic look but when I look at it it seems too toyish and plastic to fit in well with the more realistic figures I have. I may have to reconsider the JL version or wait for another version that is more palatable.

And also this suit version didn’t even make it to the trailer .. hot toy could have wait on this version ... of the suit until later .. they could have gave us 2 difference versions of the suit like armored...

The could have gave us
a681268284ec5ce4dcb24b773aecaa4c.jpg

And this
49f4efe29917066699af5ca5e4fd74f3.png

And not to forget
91e8798c6aafebddf4c77877f3688998.jpg

But no they came out with this ...
744348dd678b3650f9a8d24aff1e5ce6.jpg

Which doesn’t even appear In the trailer...

What a disappointment this SDCC 2018 was ..for all DC fans ..

The could have gave us
a681268284ec5ce4dcb24b773aecaa4c.jpg

And this
49f4efe29917066699af5ca5e4fd74f3.png

And not to forget
91e8798c6aafebddf4c77877f3688998.jpg

But no they came out with this ...
744348dd678b3650f9a8d24aff1e5ce6.jpg

Which doesn’t even appear In the trailer...

What a disappointment this SDCC 2018 was ..for all DC fans ..

What nonsensical point you are trying to make. A costume has to appear in a trailer before it can be made? All 3 of what you posted would be inferior to the actual comic accurate costume.

Who anointed you as the spokesman for "all DC fans"?

What nonsensical point you are trying to make. A costume has to appear in a trailer before it can be made? All 3 of what you posted would be inferior to the actual comic accurate costume.

Come on man ... you know that I’m right ..

What I mean is that hot toys could had come out with something way better that the classic .. + mera and black manta for a comic con

What I mean is that hot toys could had come out with something way better that the classic .. + mera and black manta for a comic con

With crappy exposed joints? Pass. I could get exposed joints on cheaper action figures.

With crappy exposed joints? Pass. I could get exposed joints on cheaper action figures.

Ok may be you are right with the joints situation..but look at
ccfc41a2314ab1c9d0c3fcf8cc449f1c.png

Or may be the color is just to yellow/ orange [emoji521] ...
801eb19e2fb16130d445d28c63833b1d.png

And not to mention the same head sculpture..

Just 2 new figures for the entire sdcc ..

Back