Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know,I see potential in this figure but Im not really sold on it. The spidey fan in me says to just go on ahead and purchase it but Im now a little more skeptical in purchasing these expensive figures. In some shots I pick up a 70's SM look which I like and although I dont like the design overall,the vibrant,cartoony look is just really nice to look at. I think it "pops" more so than most other spidey offerings so far.

And then there are things that I question about him like poseing. I can see clearly that the suit will bunch up in some areas and will be pretty noticable,see neck,shoulder areas in above pics. I know it can be futzed somewhat but with that material it might be a chore. Also the shape/size of the head. I kinda get a female vibe off of it in some pics too. :dunno. Lastly I hope HT can get the lines on the head/body straight,no misaligned stuff. It shows in a few of those pics and I had the same problem with my black HT spidey. These are all my opinions and r based off of what little pics we have. Cannot wait to see offical and in hand pics. Ill made my decision then.

Is the red in his middle not suppose to go down farther, and be a bit more round?

224959_454239824599902_964087314_n.jpg

andrew-garfield-spiderman-costume.jpg

Screenshot2012-06-23at94516PM.png

Jeeziz I cant believe how time flys. Im looking at the first official released pic for this movie. I think that pic was released in 2010 ? I dont know but in two weeks we will finally see this movie. That pic brought back conflicting memories.

Since this pic was released, can anyone translate it? Maybe theres more info on the fig from the magazine scan there :lol

I like the pics but the eyes are terrible (as shown). I'm fine with gold, but the pics make them look flat orange, and that's just not good.

They head looks like he has a volleyball in it....his head is more thin and long...i hate to nag but its so glaringly obvious

Can only be a matter of days before the official reveal, wonder if it's the Garfield HS that's holding things up?

These r really pretty bad photos of Amazing Spiderman. The HT suit does not seem to have the glitter texture from the movie. The worst part of the figure is the Spidey head shape and the eyes, these photos from Milk magazine make me realize how bad HT figure is on par with Medicom's.
Really hope the official photos are not from the Milk magazine as it has been a long time since HT release a very bad looking figure.

No what I meant was HT version is not their usual standard at all.
Medicom may not be appealing but they have their own markets :)

No what I meant was HT version is not their usual standard at all.
Medicom may not be appealing but they have their own markets :)

I am confused then, not up to their usual standard? :dunno

I know all real bets are off until the official full reveal, but just going on the photos we have seen so far this suit/figure has the lines, the shape, the tight fit, the more wiry/slimmer figure, the larger head (it's AG's hair I suspect) the texturing, the pattern and the glossy sheen, even the seemingly dreaded golden eyes of the movie costume, barring minor scale differences.

If HT can actually pull it off anything like this well when in full production, then it will be a minor miracle.

I think it looks awesome. Very spider-ish looking.

No. You just don't get it. But you're from the Jolly UK, it's to be expected!

Can only be a matter of days before the official reveal, wonder if it's the Garfield HS that's holding things up?

might be time will tell thing more people are hyped over the new batman dx then this .

Initially, I wasn't too sure about the costume but it has grown on me awhile back. I've always thought that it would probably be sweet looking in 1/6 scale. I really like this better than my spiderman 3 figure.
I think its time to trade up and sell my ol tobey spidey.
I really like how this turned out.

Should be along real soon.

I am confused then, not up to their usual standard? :dunno

I know all real bets are off until the official full reveal, but just going on the photos we have seen so far this suit/figure has the lines, the shape, the tight fit, the more wiry/slimmer figure, the larger head (it's AG's hair I suspect) the texturing, the pattern and the glossy sheen, even the seemingly dreaded golden eyes of the movie costume, barring minor scale differences.

If HT can actually pull it off anything like this well when in full production, then it will be a minor miracle.

:goodpost:

Nearly everything looks perfect

might be time will tell thing more people are hyped over the new batman dx then this .

People, for some crazy reason like to buy the same version of the same figure over again instead of getting new ones. :slap :cuckoo: :slap :cuckoo:

People some crazy reason like to buy the same version of the same figure over again instead of getting new ones. :slap :cuckoo: :slap :cuckoo:[/QUOTE]

i agree im waiting for the spidey reveal as much as the next guy its a fun time to be a collector ...but honestly we should have saw the reveal already movie comes out next week.

They head looks like he has a volleyball in it....his head is more thin and long...i hate to nag but its so glaringly obvious

I'm glad other people notice that as well. It's been bothering me since the first tease with AG, since the head looked a bit too large to be proportionate. The Spider-Man head is worse though, because it's not shaped right. Still, it's not a glaring mistake and it looks good. I would just prefer it be more accurate and proportionate. This is Spider-Man, one of the biggest super heroes in the world, you gotta get every detail right imo.

Since this pic was released, can anyone translate it? Maybe theres more info on the fig from the magazine scan there :lol

I was kind of hoping for that too. It looks like this figure only comes with some hands and a few webs. Here's my really big problem, the R&B Spiderman that came out last year came with a whole bunch of hands (weak wrist pegs but at least they threw in a couple of extras), a whole bunch of web lines, a display base, and a pretty awesome figure that was surprisingly poseable, for $134.99, on the negative side it had no Tobey Mcguire head, which to me was a plus, not a negative. And this figure is probably going to cost $200 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back