Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT 1/6 Amazing Spiderman line

Or just get both :yess:

If only that money tree would grow.

tumblr_leftgjgvZd1qf8yek.gif

We got avengers ,Batman and Prometheus. Of course they are gonna spend all there time on The avengers and of course batman so I think we might see spiderman next year. DAMMIT.

Yeah, it seems like HT has a ton of licenses to juggle. But it also seems their production runs have increased to match, so we'll see.

(Isn't the Tron lightcycle still on hold? Green Lantern? They're really going through with it?)

After watching the ASM trailer (which was very promising) I can imagine a figure sewn into a fabric similar to the Jill Valentine suit:

review_jvbattle_14.jpg

review_jvbattle_3.jpg

Seems like you could definitely tailor a neckline for a swappable head out of that stuff. Sew a real skinny truetype into it, and you're rolling.
____

Yeah, it seems like HT has a ton of licenses to juggle. But it also seems their production runs have increased to match, so we'll see.

(Isn't the Tron lightcycle still on hold? Green Lantern? They're really going through with it?)

After watching the ASM trailer (which was very promising) I can imagine a figure sewn into a fabric similar to the Jill Valentine suit:

review_jvbattle_14.jpg

review_jvbattle_3.jpg

Seems like you could definitely tailor a neckline for a swappable head out of that stuff. Sew a real skinny truetype into it, and you're rolling.
____

The Tron Lightcycle is hitting in March/April and why shouldn't they do GL, it'll be a great figure :lecture

How does that Jill figure material feel? looks like it'd be perfect for Spider-Man

Over the moon I waited and held off getting the Toby Spidey. I really love the new suit and the trailer looks incredible :rock2

I will definately make this one mine :)

I have to admit that trailer looks pretty good... still not a fan of the suit or see the need for a reboot so soon, but looks promising.

I have to admit that trailer looks pretty good... still not a fan of the suit or see the need for a reboot so soon, but looks promising.

I too don't understand why the reboot is happening so soon after 3. However, I almost don't view this as a reboot because there is a new baddie. If it were Goblin, Ock or Sandman again, I'd not be as happy.

Reboot is probably for these two reasons:

1. Spider-Man 3 sucked balls
2. Tobey is getting too old looking for Peter

Spidey was unique at his creation as a teenage high-schooler superhero, they skipped so much of that in the original trilogy, he was only in school to facilitate his origin, then they left it, so a reboot can tell stories in that setting/ period of his life

Wasn't it because if they don't do a Spidey movie after a certain number of years, they lose the rights and it would've went back to Marvel?

Spidey was unique at his creation as a teenage high-schooler superhero, they skipped so much of that in the original trilogy, he was only in school to facilitate his origin, then they left it, so a reboot can tell stories in that setting/ period of his life

The main reason for a reboot is MONEY.

You reboot ALL the licenses.

Garfield is almost 30yo, he is surely not a teenage boy.

Wasn't it because if they don't do a Spidey movie after a certain number of years, they lose the rights and it would've went back to Marvel?

:exactly:

That is precisely right. The rights would revert to Marvel.:pray:

Which is the same reason Warner Bros. is re-booting the Supes franchise . . .

And the same reason Fox keeps flogging the Wolverine & Fantastic Four horses. . . :horse

Yes but a reboot wasn't required for that. In fact an actual full-fledged film isn't required for that. They couldn't have filmed Garfield's interaction with fans at the SDCC panel, put into a theater in New York and charged a fee to watch it and technically renewed their contract for the full rights.

The reason for the reboot is fairly simple, Spider-Man 3 while not really appreciated by fans still pulled an amazing amount of money overall. What didn't full really well was merchandising. Sony knows that where a film makes the majority of its money is on all things outside of the actual theater itself. Not to mention that reboots of Batman, James Bond, Star Trek, etc have shown to actually bring in audiences as it's the current Hollywood gimmick, right behind 3D.

New film, people will go see it even if they hated the Tobey films just to see what's new, which is exactly how they are promoting this anyway. It's a cash grab, plain and simple that has very little to do with how back Spider-Man 3 "sucked" and more to do with the executives at Sony wanting part of the reboot pie.

Besides, Sony's film division is in such dire straits that even if this film does amazingly well and outdoes all before it, the company itself may not be able to sustain it and the rights would revert back to Marvel anyway.

Which is the same reason Warner Bros. is re-booting the Supes franchise.
And the same reason Fox keeps flogging the Wolverine & Fantastic Four horses.

This isn't accurate. Warner Bros is rebooting the Superman franchise because the last film was a flop all around. It was viewed as a continuation of the Donner franchise, even by Robinov himself, who publically said the reboot was to remove the taste of Superman Returns from the audience. They aren't dealing with rights reverting back to anyone as they own DC outright, what they need is a profitable film to keep the families who own the rights technically happy.

As for Fox, they have the same deal as Marvel. Dressing someone up as Wolverine, filming it and charging for it, covers the bases. They are continuing the Singer franchise (X:FC is said to connect into X1 according to Singer who drafted the initial scripts and produced X:FC) because X2 was the last film to be both a commercial and a fan success. Fantastic Four is actually running the lines of reverting back to Marvel if something doesn't get done within the next three years I believe and Daredevil is already in the process of rebooting with David Slade.

Rebooting is the "in" thing to do, nothing else. It has very little to do with rights.

Last edited:

... Disney just needs to buy out all those outstanding film contracts, give the rights back to marvel pictures ( as they now own that) and start making more in-house marvel movies that don't suck.

You are right, it was a movie that was ruined by perhaps one of the worst scenes of any movie in any genre, when nut bag Tobey did his cool guy scene talking to the girls and dancing...I realized then that No, I wasn't just over thinking his acting, he sucks and so did the directing. I did like the Sandman though, that to me was the only fun part.

I do think reboots are just for money but the way I see it is if someone can't make movies better the second time around they shouldn't be done...Conan is one example.

You are right, it was a movie that was ruined by perhaps one of the worst scenes of any movie in any genre, when nut bag Tobey did his cool guy scene talking to the girls and dancing...I realized then that No, I wasn't just over thinking his acting, he sucks and so did the directing. I did like the Sandman though, that to me was the only fun part.

I do think reboots are just for money but the way I see it is if someone can't make movies better the second time around they shouldn't be done...Conan is one example.

Why couldnt the symbiote be a drug to peter parker instead of a dance suit. The more he used it the more broken he became like Requim for a dream.

This is[strike]n't[/strike] accurate. Warner Bros is rebooting the Superman franchise because the last film was a flop all around . . .what they need is a profitable film to keep the families who own the rights technically happy.

(Which is the point -- keep the Siegel & Shuster estates happy so Time Warner can retain film rights. One can study their lawsuit with TW for the settlement details.)

As for Fox ... Dressing someone up as Wolverine, filming it and charging for it, covers the bases.

(Exactly the point -- as long as something gets produced, they can extend the option on their contract.
Consider Corman's Fantastic Four from '94 , which was created solely to secure the copyright.)

Fantastic Four is actually running the lines of reverting back to Marvel if something doesn't get done within the next three years

(Precisely the point.) :clap

Rebooting is the "in" thing to do, [strike]nothing else[/strike] as it extends the studio's rights to the properties for another legal period. It has [strike]very little[/strike] everything to do with retaining the film rights to superhero properties, which are cash cows .

FTFY (though strikeout seems disabled--use your imagination)

"Reboots" and "prequels" only occur after a Singer or Ratner craps the bed and sours the franchise. Once Raimi's Spidey 4 fell through, Sony had to scramble to get ASM into production so it wouldn't risk having rights revert to Marvel. It's all about the Benjamins for sure, but without chain of title secured that money might as well be on Mars.
And once the option expires, the property goes adios. :wave

______

The thing is with the Superman license fight is that a feature film is only one of the issues given. They family even said that in 2013 they'll make their decisions and while it's a obvious move they'll most likely stay, they are plenty pissed at DC/WB. A feature film success is just a great attempt to keep it. As for Raimi 4 vs. ASM as you pointed out Corman's film could have been done to secure it and there are rumors there was a contingency plan to do something similar if need be. ASM is a trendy thing that seems to be working but it wasn't move to retain rights people think, as I pointed out before Sony still might lose them as their film division is bleeding at this point and some industry analysts think it won't make 2013

as I pointed out before Sony still might lose them as their film division is bleeding at this point and some industry analysts think it won't make 2013

Point taken. But if ASM is a hit, wouldn't that kind of cash injection help them stabilize? And maybe regroup?

(And it seems like the Siegel estate vs. Time Warner will drag on until our sun goes red giant . . . :slap)

My point was that there are real legal issues of film copyright that dictate these film's schedules. Not solely of course, because as you point out major characters like Spidey, Supes, and Bats have proven to the studios that they can be summer tentpole events that set box office records and shower money down like rain.

Even Superman Returns made a profit globally -- or did it not? I'll defer to you on that one . . . :peace

Back on topic:

How does that Jill figure material feel? looks like it'd be perfect for Spider-Man

It feels just like dodgeball rubber, so it would be perfect.

Check out this Nightcrawler custom by elvis1976 from this thread:

nightc.jpg

That's the J.V. suit he painted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back