Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget the auctions, wait it out and one will appear in the commerce section sooner or later. I sold mine a couple of month's back to a fellow freak for $400 shipped.

I kind of want this figure now. You guys think it's worth getting? Maybe a chance of a 2.0 coming out since the new 300 movie coming out in 2014?

A 2.0 is unlikely and even if one does come out it's even less likely to have seamless.joints, if that matters.

Are there any seamless bodies that would work with HS. Just in case the original body got damaged?

Yeah I agree with those of you who think a 2.0 figure is a strong possibility. I realize that this figure is a true grail piece, however there is always room for improvement ie. better hs, different outfits he wore in the movie particularly the this is Sparta scene. Adding a new cape would be all to easy and an excuse to charge the inevitable 200+ price tag. As far as the articulation goes, I think a 2.0 would have arms similair to the new Thor. visible joints in the shoulder region could easily be covered by the cape and would improve the range of movement. Last but not least this figure sells easily for $500+ on the secondary market. We all know hot toys loves to revisit figures that have inflated this much, and a new movie is more than enough reason to move forward with it. Obviously we can't be sure of anything but I would certainly but on a 2.0 Leonidas with in the next year.

Finally picked one of these up off a fellow boardie, and what a great figure! Had a dickens of a time trying to pose him though. I spent a couple of hours getting a nice heroic pose on him just how I liked it.

I think it has to do with him being nude (almost). Hard to hide any slightly unnatural bends or stance.

Legs too narrow. Legs too wide. Feet not pointed right. Bend slightly too much at hip. Arm slightly not right. AAAAUGH!

anyone here customized Leonidas with chest armor ?

like this

9015141_press01-001.jpg

I finally caved and bought king Leonidas. I have been wanting this figure for as long as I can remember, and I must say he has exceeded my expectations. Leo has such a presence in the collection. I haven't quite made up my mind on who I'm going to display with him, but I'm strongly considering picking up a cmtoys Spartacus.

Congrats on picking him up! This is a figure I always wanted but have passed on a few times mostly due to the fear of his rubber body rotting :(

Hoping HT revisits this figure one day :pray:

Back