Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:huh. Nuthing to fear maing, mine still looks good... Still rockin the Chippendales...

:lol That's great to hear. This figure being dated and mostly rubber gives me flashbacks of the Comedian and early Batman issues, if I saw one in person I could inspect before buying I'd probably be more likely to pull the trigger lol. Gorgeous figure fo sho!

On the subject of a Leo 2.0, they did show Leo in the trailer for the new flik but it looked like the scene from the end of the first one. So im highly doubting we'll be getting a second version. If anything, HT will prolly do Themistocles or Xerxes. Dayum, i really wanted a Uber immortal Giant from the first one too! :gah:

I was really worried about the rubber deterioration myself. It's understandably hard to shell out almost $500 for a figure that could possibly be more than half way through its shelf life. I just couldn't wait any longer. This figure has always been one of my grails and for one reason or another the purchase alluded me. I'm so glad I gave in finally. I think Leo is easily hot toys greatest figure holding up even against the dx13, dx11, and the man of steel superman.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Leo is also my grail! He is still my favorite hot toys. The seamless body just make him look so realistic. ITs pretty much a posable statue :D

I offed mine because:

a) I needed the money
b) I wanted to offload it before any future issues with the rubber surfaced
c) I just didn't dig the movie
d) I needed the money

But it's a fine figure, one of HT's best imo. I should've kept it just for history's sake - HT won't be touching a seamless body like this anytime soon, if ever.

That's a pretty sweet top shelf Ima! :hi5:

Great top shelf indeed :clap

Always wanted a battle armored Maximus & Achilles myself. :gah:

The new film debuts Friday, so here's to hoping we see a 2.0 Leonidas! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Last edited:
Full armor or battle damaged version maybe? If they can do two virtually identical Mark I's no reason they can't do another KL

They stated a few years back they would not do anymore figures from 300. I hope that just meant the first film. Would love to see the new film get some figures.

Yeah I remember reading that, I kind of remember them indicating that a King Leonidas 2.0 wasn't out of the question, but nothing else. I really don't understand why we didn't get other Spartans from the film. Stelios to me seemed like a no brainer, and there is so much from the Leonidas figure that they could have re-used. I was very new to collecting hot toys when Leo was released. Did he not sell fast initially? I was under the impression that he inflated pretty fast right out of the gate.

See; I got into the hobby too late to order one brand new, didn't think it would fit into my collection when the price was still reasonable, and now not only can I not afford one, but I'd be afraid Hot Toys would re-release a version 2.0 if I did get one.

So even if King Leonidas only makes a brief appearance in the beginning of this new movie, I would jump at the chance to get a 2.0.

Back