Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pizzacomp8.jpg

pizzacomp4.jpg

[/img]

I had my eye on this statue too but two major things really bothered me. His less than manly stance.
I know it's after classic greek statues but it looked fruity back then too. Those greek statues were done in a very different time than our own.
The fact that only the SS exclusive came with the helmet.
That was the biggest beef I had.

If I had money to burn I would still get the SS Ex Leonidas but I am happy with Hot Toys.

I had my eye on this statue too but two major things really bothered me. His less than manly stance.
I know it's after classic greek statues but it looked fruity back then too. Those greek statues were done in a very different time than our own.
The fact that only the SS exclusive came with the helmet.
That was the biggest beef I had.

If I had money to burn I would still get the SS Ex Leonidas but I am happy with Hot Toys.

Yeah this is why I wish SS would only do something for exclusives that DON'T affect the statue. If you did only prints for the exclusives, they would still sell out because a) people like the prints or b) people want something others cannot have (a low ES number).

There have been a few statues I have ordered and still have on pre-order that if I wasn't able to get the exclusive I wouldn't want it because it makes or breaks the statue. In this case reg Leo doesn't come with the helmet and is still in-stock, becauuuusssseeeee people like the helmet that much. If I had not been able to get the Hulkbuster EX I wouldn't have wanted the reg because the stark head makes that piece what it is.

I'd even be fine with minor accessory changes for exclusives (ie lightsaber case with Aurra Sing) just don't make the characters different in my opinion.

Its a little weird for any version not to have the helmet. Might as well just leave out the sword at that rate.

:confused:

I broke down and ordered Leonidas. He seems to be drying up from online retailers and eBay's prices are starting to creep up.

Whats up? do you have doubts about it's longevity of the body? or the limited possiblity bother you?

Whats up? do you have doubts about it's longevity of the body? or the limited possiblity bother you?

A little bit from column A, a little bit from column B. He's amazingly cool and everything and I like him a lot but he's just a figure that I didn't really need.

Back