Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, all of the pouches, capsules and the batarang holder are pegged into the belt via small pegs and glued. Removing them will leave various degrees of peg holes, broken pegs, glue residue and paint chipping on the belt.

Thats a shame then. I'll just leave it as is. As I don't have spare belts etc

That belt though is from my V1 batman which i dissassembled, i stole the boxes off of it to give my new begins batman a properly organized belt(Pictures of it are in this thread somewhere) and i just pulled everything else off of it for an empty belt. I just kind of fudged over the holes and marks on the belt in the pic with photoshop.

Yeah I previously saw it. It was indeed a very nice mod!

hey kinda stupid question here but
does anyone think the head sculpt is kinda uneven?
i noticed when i posed in front of a mirror
one edge of his jaw sharper than the other side and his face seems to be going to the side rather than being perfectly straight

might be a weird mirror effect but just wondering if anyone else notices this

No, you're right - or at least mine has the same issue. The right (as you look at it) side of the face around the jawline extends out further. I noticed it ages ago and was wondering if it was just mine, if it had somehow warped (I'd had it a month or so before I noticed it), or if it had always been like that. Good to know others have seen it too!

You do know humans move their jaws right? :)

3125050988_738eb219d1.jpg
3125050990_4313c93bab.jpg

Ah. Well in that case I'd counter with human jaws are very rarely in extreme lateral motion. Even less when they're encased in thick rubber that would make such movement difficult, if not impossible! It's actually a lack of symmetry in the cowl, which is more something that you would expect.

Ah. Well in that case I'd counter with human jaws are very rarely in extreme lateral motion. Even less when they're encased in thick rubber that would make such movement difficult, if not impossible! It's actually a lack of symmetry in the cowl, which is more something that you would expect.

...and he talks how? https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=K2AkZ3akTZ4

That jaw looks hardly restricted to me, encased in a very thin rubber. :)

Well if you'd read the rest of what I wrote, I was referring to lateral - ie side to side - movement. And since Bale has nowhere near the square jaw suggested by the Batman cowl, I would say that the rubber gets progressively thicker.

Actually, it was not at all uncommon for bales face to shift laterally inside the cowl. As tight as the cowl seems to be, its tightness is really just in keeping the opening flush to his skin, but it doesn't limit the movement of his head. The neck area specifically was looser than the areas of the head, so that his head could still rotate limited amounts inside the cowl which was more or less stuck to the suit. The looser neck also gave him the thicker neck as he called the "Panther Neck" of the original cowl. Unlike old batman suits which ahd necks that form fit to the actor just like the heads of the cowl.

It's also why you'd often see the neck of the cowl wrinkle or fold when he moved his head, up or down and sometimes side to side.

NOW to illustrate just what hot toys did with the sculpt, the fact that bales face did shift in the cowl was noticable in the film, sometimes a litlte, sometimes ALOT, as seen here:
bbfaceshift.jpg

All hot toys did, was illistrate the look of a real face inside a cowl, and not just a perfectly symmetrical solid one pice headsculpt. TO me it adds realism and isn't a problem, but thats just me.

All hot toys did, was illistrate the look of a real face inside a cowl, and not just a perfectly symmetrical solid one pice headsculpt. TO me it adds realism and isn't a problem, but thats just me.

Totally agree.

There's so many pages on this thread, just wondering if anyone has attempted to make a first night batman from BB using the Takara Harness and HT figure. Is the cape from the figure easily removable?

There's so many pages on this thread, just wondering if anyone has attempted to make a first night batman from BB using the Takara Harness and HT figure. Is the cape from the figure easily removable?

I asked the same question a few weeks back and Magnuz was nice to give some thorough advice. His reply can be found in page 178 of this thread (post 1771.)

Last edited:
Question... Why do retail sites still have the TDK for sale but the new Original suit batman is gone? Are they going to have more for sale from DCD?

Guys, do you know where I can get HT BB online for a good deal? Seeing these pics is tempting me to get one.

Thanks. I appriciate any additional info from you guys on where to find one. In the meantime, I'll check with Joe and post in the wanted forum.

I can't remember whether this was ever confirmed, but I seem to recall people saying that DC Direct would only be importing the TDK suit, not the original, so you probably will have to go to eBay for it.

Back